• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow!!! I've seen episodes from the first three seasons of The Boondocks, really liked the series, stopped watching when I read season four had a major decline in quality.

Would be incredible if McGruder could somehow revive The Boondocks TV series for the current time, certainly looks like he hasn't lost his talent and charm seeing these Boondocks comics.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Woah glad I caught wind of this topic. These new comics have been hilarious. I'm curious to see how long they go for.

Also, yes, like most others, I've been reading this with the voices of their voice actors in my head LOL

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I am here for it! now I need to know where it'll be sourced at. Anyone know where Aaron is posting from? or his active social media?

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After season 4, idk man.

Mcgruder wasn't all that involved as he was with the first, and I think that was huge mistake considering he dropped Boondocks for Black Jesus, which lasted 2 seasons (I think it's coming back though).

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After season 4, idk man.

Mcgruder wasn't all that involved as he was with the first, and I think that was huge mistake considering he dropped Boondocks for Black Jesus, which lasted 2 seasons (I think it's coming back though).

Wasn't it that Sony fried/dropped/parted ways with McGruder and Carl Jones, that's why McGruder went on to do Black Jesus and Jones did the Black Dynamite cartoon while season 4 sucked hard?

I don't think I want Black Jesus back without Charlie Murphy. (RIP)

I wouldn't want a new season of Black Jesus without Charlie Murphy either, but I don't think we're ever getting season 3 anyways since considering last I heard (before these new strips) McGruder was working on a new show with Amazon. Heck, I don't think we ever got a DVD release for Season 2 of Black Jesus either.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Just awful stuff...glad I have the first 3 seasons on both DVD and PS Video! (S1 and S2 were free years ago, S3 was like 9 bucks in a recent sale)

One my favorites of Season 3 was the Hateocracy episode...which I recently found that someone made a 60 FPS version of the fights that the Freemans had with them:

60 FPS Boondocks looks so good.

Nov 5, 2017
S03E06-Fy9ehNGc-subtitled.jpg

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

This is great. And yes it's definitely NSFW.

I wish I paid more attention to the Boondocks when it was airing on AS. I had satellite TV in 2009 but I think it was long gone by then (I might be wrong though). Three years ago I watched and liked a few episodes on AS.com but I don't recall why I enjoyed them. Two characters stood out for me - Uncle Ruckus for his "no relation" line and Jasmine for her heart-melting voice. I remember the characters but not the episodes but can't tell if that's a bad thing.