• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Alongside a bunch of other changes.

EDIT: change log includes notes from older patches

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/CallistoTheGame/status/1616270993911336961

• Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
    • Application restart may be required.
    • Requires an active save file from game completion.
GLOBAL

• Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the "The Protocol is About Life" achievement
  • Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
  • General performance optimizations across all platforms
  • Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
  • Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
  • Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
  • Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
PC

• Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
  • Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
  • Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
  • Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
PS4

• Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
--

[v. 2.01] December 15, 2022

GLOBAL

COMBAT OPTIMIZATION

• Prevent enemies from attacking while you are attacking another enemy by adjusting uninterruptible windows for all player baton attacks vs standard enemies to add an extra 7 frames between hit and recover
  • Reduced frequency of players being attacked from behind. Enemies now prioritize grappling or repositioning instead of attacking
  • Widened incoming attack camera angle
  • Widened angle for dodging off screen attacks
  • Reduced damage taken multiplier when attacked from behind
  • Increased player facing away maximum angle for Grunt and Blind
  • Dodge optimization:
    • Valid dodge angle now allows player to have stick slightly forward and right/left while still dodging (45 -> 30 degrees)
    • Dodging at the end of the dodge window no longer means playing dodge animation and getting hit
  • Increased animation speed for:
    • Health injector usage
    • Weapon swapping
    • Weapon reloading
    • Upper receiver swapping
  • Auto-play reload animation when switching to an empty weapon
  • Continue initiated weapon swaps after interruptions
  • Extend amount of time between KTV appearance and mutation
  • Fixed phantom arm kills by armless NPCs
  • Increased audio cue volume for Danglers
  • Reduced default setting for camera shake
  • Added player invulnerable window to all 150 cm vaults
  • Changed Two Head to a two hit kill on the player in Medium Security, and a three hit kill in Minimum Security
  • Final boss encounter combat optimizations
  • Minetown AI pathing and spawning improvements
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY

• Optimized streaming to reduce memory usage in:
    • Habitat Water Maze
    • Snowcat Bridge Collapse
  • Fixed a memory leak with the Reforge 3d Printers
LOCALIZATION

• Fixed voice leveling issues in multiple languages
  • Fixed subtitle/vo mismatch issues in Korean
  • Fixed instances of unlocalized lines in multiple languages
  • Fixed incorrect text descriptions on menus in Korean
  • Fixed untranslated instances of "Unlocked" on doors in multiple languages
  • Fixed instances of missing voice processing in multiple languages
OTHER

• Added an option to enable performance mode when creating new games
  • Added an option to skip death cinematics and restart from checkpoint faster
PC

• Improved lighting performance on AMD cards (reduced VGR pressure of FDeferredLightPS)
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to receive the "The Protocol is About Life" achievement after beating the game once on a lower difficulty
PS5

• Optimized lighting for multiple cinematics in Habitat and Tower
--

[v. 1.02] December 06, 2022

PC

• Added popup dialog to display when players change ray-tracing settings and trigger a shader compile
  • Added a popup progress dialog to display in the main menu when compiling shaders
  • (Epic Specific) Fixed an issue preventing achievements from unlocking and displaying correctly
  • (Epic Specific) Fixed an issue causing the Terms Of Service to always display upon loading the app
--

[v. 1.01] December 02, 2022

PC

• Updated PSO cache to further reduce stuttering during gameplay

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
More importantly,

Does this update fix the broken HDR with elevated black levels?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's pretty impressive how much work and fixes they've put in about a month. They really should have delayed the game a few weeks.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Has this fixed the low resolution ray tracing on Series X? Waiting on this to be fixed before I buy it
Yeah, same here. I was very interested in this game, but the Series X version being blatantly inferior at launch completely turned me off. I had hope when I saw that they patched the ray traced reflections in, but they look awful compared to the PS5 version.

I don't really have any interest in purchasing it without feature parity on Xbox. There's just no excuse when the specs of these boxes are so similar.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
Does anyone know if you can get the Maximum Security trophy in New Game Plus, or if it has to be a fresh playthrough?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Need someone to test to see if the PC version still sucks or is decent? Been wanting to play this game, but refuse to give them a dime unless they have the game running properly.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Cool maybe I'll go back and try to finish it (eventhough I went ahead and watched the ending). Stopped at the penultimate boss fight because it pissed me off.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Good that they are at least keeping up on the patches. I stopped playing very early on (PC) due to all of the caching issues (which seemed to have somewhat been ameliorated) and not wanting to bother with Special K just to get a functioning HDR. Was planning on waiting until enough patches were released to warrant actually going through the game, but with how many games that I want to play will be releasing over the next few months, I have no problem waiting for more updates. The superior Dead Space is about to release soon anyway.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Meaty list with sensible fixes and optimazation.

NG+ should have been there since launch but it really was the main feature missing.

Good, soon-ish this game will turn out a lot better.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Game was already great, I actually worry some of the animation speed changes will make things too easy now lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of those updates were from December btw, so you might have already played with some like the updates to dodging etc...

Waiting for Hardcore mode before I play again as my first run was Max Sec. Was supposed to release alongside NG+ in Feb, so I'm hoping it might come a bit sooner too.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Im super glad I got in early and got the maximum security achievement through the glitch. Seems like that achievement has been a nightmare for people not unlocking even doing it legit

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Time to jump in now that the MaxSec trophy is fixed. Wasn't about to waste precious time on that runaround when so many games are hitting this year. I have to be maximally efficient with playing these games and working on trophy lists.

whosnick

Sep 24, 2021
Can anyone who owns this game on PC try enabling raytracing and see if it performs better (less CPU limited) in this patch?

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I wouldn't call it "broken", the lifted blacks very much seem like an art direction choice. I think it looks good, personally.

It's absolutely broken and in no way intentional. You don't have play a horror game with the brightness cranked to max. And with all the other tweaks and changes they've made to gameplay and what were obviously intentional design choices at one point or another, this is something that should be tweaked regardless.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Reduced frequency of players being attacked from behind. Enemies now prioritize grappling or repositioning instead of attackin

Much appreciated. This might be the single most important improvement.

Oct 27, 2017
Callisto Protocol is a weird game to replay. It's very slow paced and once you've played through it once there's not much else to see due to the linear nature of the game.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
once you get the rhythm of the combat down maximum security wasn't that much harder than the normal difficulty, so it's interesting to see that many balance changes being applied to make the game a tad easier. and i guess i was lucky in that the difficulty trophy popped for me without any issues. i'm aware that they were planning on adding the single death difficulty mode as part of the roadmap but it'd be nice if they added a difficulty in between that and the current maximum security for those of us who want a higher challenge without the frustration of permadeath in a game like this.

looking forward to giving new game plus a shot too. it'll be fun to be able to try out upgrades i forsook in my playthroughs (something that i actually quite liked for a standard playthrough - even on normal the game doesn't expect you to fill out every upgrade and you have to make decisions about what's more useful to you)

shame there's no change to the HDR though. makes no sense to give players the option to avoid the horrendously raised blacks with the Gamma options when booting the game in SDR but not in HDR, especially if the argument is that it's an 'artistic' choice.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this again as a straight shooter will be a lot more fun. As a horror game it was pretty mid.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So no mention of HDR. That blows :-(

I was hoping they enable it. I would love to replay it with actual HDR. The brightness for this game looked terrible.

thillygooth

Jan 5, 2023
What all do you maintain in New Game Plus? I've beaten the game twice already and only need to find all the files to get the Platinum.

I mean, I was super disappointed by the game, but I enjoyed playing it like the old school Resident Evil games and rushing through once there are no more surprises and I have a better idea of how the combat works.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need someone to test to see if the PC version still sucks or is decent? Been wanting to play this game, but refuse to give them a dime unless they have the game running properly.
Yeah honestly I'd like to see the reviewer from Rock Paper Shotgun or Dictator revisit it.

I've seen enough people on the internet say that clearly broken PC games work fine for them to not believe anyone without a track record on this kind of thing.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Yeah honestly I'd like to see the reviewer from Rock Paper Shotgun or Dictator revisit it.
Does not have shader comp stutter anymore (as far as I can tell), is still poorly single threaded and suffers from strangely heavy RT implementation in comparison to other titles (heavier than cyberpunk? and Minecraft RTX?). Not gonna revisit the game any time soon I am afraid.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What all do you maintain in New Game Plus? I've beaten the game twice already and only need to find all the files to get the Platinum.

I mean, I was super disappointed by the game, but I enjoyed playing it like the old school Resident Evil games and rushing through once there are no more surprises and I have a better idea of how the combat works.

Seems only Money and Upgrades.

So if you have a save before the last boss. You probably want to sell all the stuff you can to make the most of it.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does not have shader comp stutter anymore (as far as I can tell), is still poorly single threaded and suffers from strangely heavy RT implementation in comparison to other titles (heavier than cyberpunk? and Minecraft RTX?). Not gonna revisit the game any time soon I am afraid.
Thank you.