• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
bRBQlWk.png

Premieres October 26th on Netflix, created by Roberto Aguirro Sacasa(Riverdale Showrunner, author of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Comic)

Please spoiler tag content by episode, a spoiler thread can be made if you feel it necessary.
This also applies if you've read the comic, be considerate for those who haven't.

51ku-L9aQbL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Pxb1fFs.png

Kiernan Shipka - Sabrina Spellman

Lucy Davis - Hilda Spellman

Miranda Otto - Zelda Spellman

Chance Perdomo - Ambrose Spellman

Richard Coyle Father Blackwood

Michelle Gomez - Mary Wardell

Ross Lynch - Harvey Kinkle

Tati Gabrielle - Prudence

Bronson Pinchot - George Hawthorne

F5RNrpf.png

And for the Salemites:
Sabrina-Salem.jpg

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most important questions:

How closely does it follow the comic book?

Does Salem talk?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The most important questions:

How closely does it follow the comic book?

Does Salem talk?

From what I understand?

Very loosely. It follows SOME bullet points, but a lot has been thrown out the window.

For instance... (Comic Spoilers)

In the comic, Sabrina is a willing participant in the Signing. In the show, she seems to want no part of it.

So I guess we'll have to see.

Regarding Salem...

Early reviews say no, but I find that VERY hard to believe. Again, guess we'll have to see.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wasn't interested in this nor riverdale, but that trailer looked pretty good
will probably check this out

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I guess this was a good time to finally sign up for Netflix then. Hopefully it's actually good.

The poster looked good, the darker reboot sounded good, but the trailer had me a bit worried. I've been watching Riverdale, and it had a good first season, but has gotten kind of silly and over the top.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I guess this was a good time to finally sign up for Netflix then. Hopefully it's actually good.

The poster looked good, the darker reboot sounded good, but the trailer had me a bit worried. I've been watching Riverdale, and it had a good first season, but has gotten kind of silly and over the top.
I like to think the exact moment Riverdale went off a cliff was when RAS started working on this. I hope.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Salem doesn't talk, I don't know what the fuck is going on. Why tease out all the details and make it this big mystery if the answer is simply "No, sorry, the cat doesn't talk".

My thought is that Salem might not speak for the first episodes (or even the entire first season) because they want to establish a serious/realistic tone that would be broken by a talking animal........and once they have the tone they want, they can introduce a talking cat without it ruining the atmosphere.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
So ready for this, too bad I'll have to wait till next week since I am going on a trip this week.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Apparently, unlike the source material, this isn't actually a 1960s period piece after all, despite the clear period leanings of the costume and production design, but rather one of those shows like Gotham or Legion that takes place in a mishmash of eras. How I feel about that will depend on the execution.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
From what I understand?

Very loosely. It follows SOME bullet points, but a lot has been thrown out the window.

For instance... (Comic Spoilers)

In the comic, Sabrina is a willing participant in the Signing. In the show, she seems to want no part of it.

So I guess we'll have to see.

Regarding Salem...

Early reviews say no, but I find that VERY hard to believe. Again, guess we'll have to see.

where are these early reviews?

anyway, I loved the trailer, but i'm still afraid I'll be terribly disapointed :(

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not finished catching up on season 2 of Riverdale (fell off for no actual reason right before the hiatus, since then only seen an episode or two a while back once they went up on Netflix) to start season 3, so this is a while off, but I'm looking forward to it.

Watched a lot of the older show when I was younger so it's gonna be interesting to compare.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's essentially a moving version of the comic, with awesome satanic beings and ritualistic imagery matching the characters and such. It's gorgeous to look at. And the chapter one comic cover (up above in the OP) is the main title image!

no no...

tell us about the show :3

if / what you can

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
no no...

tell us about the show :3

if / what you can

haha, oh! I really, really enjoyed the five episodes I saw. I can't really get into spoilers and such, but there are definite differences to the comic (circumstances and certain characters not quite being the same), but it loosely follows some very key events. Salem doesn't talk in the first five, but there's more to it (I don't know how much I can say about that, though). The sets are fantastic, the show feels like it's in the 60's even though there's very brief moments of modern technology. Kiernan Shipka is a great Sabrina, Lucy Davis is so good as Aunt Hilda.The show is definitely dark and violent, not overly so, but it's there from time to time. It balances the witching and the normal school life well, but the normal side can come off as a little underdeveloped at times. I hope they bring that side of the cast around more. But yeah! I greatly enjoyed it, and can't wait to see the rest!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I was hoping it was out today when I saw it OT go up lol.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I'm really excited for this. A friend of mine from back when I was really into local theater in Oregon has a role in this, and I'm pretty pumped for him since he's been trying to make it as an actor for the better part of the last decade. It's not often someone from around where I live makes it onto anything like this!

The show looks great for a Halloween watch, too. I'll be binging it with the wife next weekend in between red dead sessions.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Excited for this, mostly because I heard the comic was great when it debuted a few years ago. I was still into comics at the time and dang near added it to my pull list pre-release, and completely regret never grabbing it initially after the reviews seemed stellar.

I am seeing murmurs here in the OT that there's poised to be some significant changes from the source material, though... Hopefully they're for the better.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I haven't read the comics, but people were hyping this show up because of them.

Now a lot of people are saying it's not like the comics. Should I adjust my expectations of the show, at least what to expect tonally?

Bummed he doesn't talk. Something like that is just delightfully weird in any type of show, cheesy or dark, and could have been a ton of fun.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
oh. i didn't know the OT was up. i should search more.

just going to repost OG cast "Witching" them good luck

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really excited for this and glad they already have the contract for 2 seasons.
Any word on episodes X length?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I found out in her interview with Seth Meyers that Kiernan Shipka is extremely allergic to cats :(

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the riverdale in sabrina won't be the riverdale on cw. I know originally, sabrina was gonna be a backdoor thing on riverdale when it was gonna be on the CW. and this shoots in canada with the other CW shit. But apparently they still may crossover depending if netflix gets approval from the CW?