• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I binge watched the new episodes with my wife this week and thought it was much better than this thread led me to believe. Way better than the first batch, too.

My only real complaint is Salem, he's barely in the show. That cat better start talking soon.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else find part 2 to be extremely dark?

I mean visually, not in tone. I'm watching on an OLED with dolbyvision (calibrated) and it's excessively dim compared to other shows.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Really annoyed with myself for not watching that Christmas episode that came out or whatever. Cause now I feel like I need to watch that before I start season 2.

Oct 2, 2018
I really enjoyed Season 2... and then they ruined it with a weak finale and satan who's a fucking idiot... and the last line of the show about
saving her boyfriend,
well and truly wrecked the finale.

They should do an offshoot show with the actress playing lilith. She's great.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate myself haha. Finished part 2 after hating part 1 and it's more of the same with characters still changing personalities between each episodes and nothing making much sense.

Sabrina is still highly unlikable and I don't care about her friends either. Somehow now everyone is killing people. Some plotlines forgot after 2 episodes in season 1 come back and are tossed aside quickly once again.

I really laughed when they talked about Dark Phoenix as that movie and the upcoming one are basically about the same level than this show, unfortunately.

The last few episodes are ridiculous and the last one is frankly so bad it's amazing. I guess I'm now to old for these shows. When I was younger I enjoyed Buffy and Angel and own the complete series for both and I don't think I would love them as much watching them again.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Season 2 was terrible. Such a cool setting & premise, and it basicallly turned into another Twilight for me. Terrible writing, boring episodes... super disappointing as I LOVED season 1 and really like a lot of the cast.

Jul 18, 2018
Did anyone else find part 2 to be extremely dark?

I mean visually, not in tone. I'm watching on an OLED with dolbyvision (calibrated) and it's excessively dim compared to other shows.
It's Netflix. This show and also Chambers seem to be very dark under DV. Basically most of new made by Netflix films that have a dark color tone looks bad in DV. I had to change PQ to a different format to enjoy Sabrina.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I put off watching Part 2 because Part 1 felt like a CW schlock.

But part 2 episode 2 so far is fun

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God they made Satan into such a gigantic joke. What a waste. When Sabrina was shown as his sword I was really excited about what would come next but they completely ruined that premise. I still don't care about her mortal friends either, so the hook for next season doesn't interest me much. Shame since I liked the first season.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
Harvey and Theo are a lot braver than me. There is no way I would go venturing into the mines trying to figure out who's the woman calling me.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Harvey just saying outright Dark Phoenix. They could have use her "powering up" and change her hair color...sure it's anime, but cool.

Mouse ground meat.....🤢🤮
Made Prudence Witcher of Revia

Finale was dark with the dead witches and all.
Side B of this season is really enjoyable. Maybe because less Human school.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
finished season 2 few days ago
amazing improvement from season 1 (which was already quite good)

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering what they were going to do with Nicholas Scratch, since that's a known nickname for Satan. I thought they were going to reveal that he was his son.

Sabrina learning she's the daughter of Satan was a cool twist though

I enjoyed season 2 more than the first. The scene in the church where Sabrina manifests her herald powers was the high point for me. There were a couple of scenes where I felt like the tone gets wonky though:
  • Faustus talking back to Satan, and basically doing a "whatever" back to him. He should have had his head liberated from his body.
  • The bizarre tone and vibe of the last scene with Sabrina and her friends. It felt really off, like a dream state almost. They all seemed gleefully out of character.
  • The glamour musical in the finale. I normally don't have a problem with a show doing a musical number if it's fun and fits with the tone. But this one was weird, and way too well choreographed for something quickly thrown together. I guess that was supposed to be the glamour, but still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
This witch hunter episode is amazing, but spending time focusing on irrelevant silliness. (Lilith and her boy-toy)

That was probably the best episode of season 2, full on religious warfare.

"I thought angels were nice."
"Have you ever read the Bible, mortal? They wield flaming swords."

Last edited:
OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Episode 6 was easily the best. More of that, please.

In fact, I love all the episodes with the

BLOOD RED SETTING ESTABLISHMENT

text. Finale was a bit weak, but I'm curious where they go with it.

SABRINA
THE DOOM SLAYER

I can dream.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Season 3 Preview:

original.gif

In the first age, in the first battle,
when the shadows first lengthened,
one stood, burned by the embers of Armageddon,
her souls blistered by the fires of hell,
and tainted beyond ascension.

She chose the path of perpetual torment.

In her ravenous hatred, she found no peace
and with boiling blood, she scoured the umbral planes,
seeking vengeance against the dark lord who had wronged her.

She wore the crown of the night sentinels.

And those who had tasted the bite of her sword named her,
THE TEENAGE WITCH.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It's been months and I still haven't started the second season... Half? Yet. It's like Riverdale all over again. I still haven't watched more than the first episode of S2 of that.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been months and I still haven't started the second season... Half? Yet. It's like Riverdale all over again. I still haven't watched more than the first episode of S2 of that.
I enjoy Riverdale, but I can admit it's terrible junk food. Sabrina is nothing like Riverdale. Give it more episodes.

What you saw of Sabrina past its halfway point is more or less what you should expect for season two. Due note thing really speeds up and the last few episodes of Season 2 should have been an entire season of its own. But the pacing is very satisfying, definitely watch a few episodes.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I enjoy Riverdale, but I can admit it's terrible junk food. Sabrina is nothing like Riverdale. Give it more episodes.

What you saw of Sabrina past its halfway point is more or less what you should expect for season two. Due note thing really speeds up and the last few episodes of Season 2 should have been an entire season of its own. But the pacing is very satisfying, definitely watch a few episodes.
I just haven't found the time to get back to it due to so many distractions and other stuff going on. Plus I need to resub to Netflix which I'll probably do next month or so.

I totally forgot to watch this myself

Yeah I was putting it off and putting it off, TV stuff is like my goddamn games backlog at this point.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2. It's a good show to watch in october so I waited until now, and I'm thinking of doing the same for season 3 (sorry for the bump but nah, still no date for that).
Anyway, I didn't like it as much as season 1, but it was still fine. It's starting to be a bit too whack like Riverdale though. It lacks a bit of focus, and yeah Satan is such a waste. His voice as a beast didn't fit him at all, and as a human he was a fucking idiot. How easy it is to lie to the Prince of Lies :/

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I think I would have liked the show better if it wasn't a Sabrina show, we have two seasons now without any people doing any magic, even basic stuff like teleporting is just Hilda walking behind some book cases.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So I saved this chapter until Halloween season, I don't know what everyone is going on about with this show but I fucking love it. The past two nights I have watched 7 episodes. I could totally watch the last two right now but I'll show constraint plus I have work tomorrow.

I'm excited we are getting a chapter 3 and 4 but let us please get a 5. This show has no right to be as good as it is. The characters, the story, everything about it just sucks you right in. From the little monster toy house they use for the outside exterior shots of the spellman house to the Aunts which are just a joy to watch on TV. What a show, excellent.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching this show a couple nights ago and I fucking love it despite its flaws.
I thought season 1 might have been better from a writing and consistency standpoint. But season 2 was fucking bonkers and it was super entertaining.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
one thing that I didn't like about the show was
Was how although the series everyone loves Satan, and then when Sabrina fulfills the prophecy to summon him everyone is all upset about it. Seems they should have welcomed it.

No. Riverdale starts out with a murder mystery in season one, a serial killer storyline in season two and an occult storyline in season 3.

Season 3 is crazy and the closest thing to having a supernatural element.
hmmm well that's a bit disappointing but I'll check it out anyway

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
one thing that I didn't like about the show was
Was how although the series everyone loves Satan, and then when Sabrina fulfills the prophecy to summon him everyone is all upset about it. Seems they should have welcomed it.

I always got the feeling it was a bit more like the Queen: everyone that loves her, loves her as a figurehead, while she's detached from the situation, but no one actually wants her getting involved.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I always got the feeling it was a bit more like the Queen: everyone that loves her, loves her as a figurehead, while she's detached from the situation, but no one actually wants her getting involved.

That makes sense, but I guess they should consider that before they sign their fucking souls over to him lol