• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. Loved it. Nicely paced love the 8-10 episode run with these shows. I need a season 4 after this.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Finished Episode 1.

I'm glad they resolved Nick being in Hell right away.

That high school in hell scene was some scary shit. They did a good job of making the principle look absolutely what I'd imagine something in hell to look like. The Tin Man was pretty cool too.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
What?

Season 4 has already been confirmed and is already filming.
What you are talking about is Part 4 which is the second half of season 2.

Season 1
Part 1: October 26, 2018
Part 2: April 5, 2019

Season 2
Part 3: January 24, 2020
Part 4: Probably Fall 2020 or early 2021

There is only two seasons of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina right now.

What was released today is the first half of season 2.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the season. I was upset initially of how much they kept throwing at Sabrina because it felt exhausting seeing the odds stacked against her. But everything came to an exciting conclusion for another season. So I'm game.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Lol it's not cringe. Poop on you.
Lol. If you think the writing of Riverdale or Sabrina (or any of the DC stuff on CW tbh) is not cringe, then I cannot take you seriously when it comes to critical analysis of media. It is soap opera for nerds and I love it. But like go watch a show nominated for a Golden Globe or Emmy if you want actual "good" content.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying my best not to fall asleep, this season is so boring. I miss Dark Lord's Sword Sabrina.

Next season might be great, hopefully.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. If you think the writing of Riverdale or Sabrina (or any of the DC stuff on CW tbh) is not cringe, then I cannot take you seriously when it comes to critical analysis of media. It is soap opera for nerds and I love it. But like go watch a show nominated for a Golden Globe or Emmy if you want actual "good" content.

I don't even like Sabrina but you need to get off your extremely high horse, you might hurt yourself if you fall you know.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't say cringe, I would say Riverdale is junk food. You know it's bad, but you just eat it up.

Sabrina has a lot more going for it. But every once in a while, you get those moments where it mimics Riverdale, and that's when you just enjoy it for what it is or skip it and move on back to the plot.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed there's a lot more singing in this season. I wonder if they'll ever go full on Once More With Feeling. 🤔

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Really loved where the plot went this season, felt much more focused and thought out than previous seasons. Excited to see where the part 4 goes after the ending of 3.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Season 1

Season 2

But will THERE be a season 3 ?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But will THERE be a season 3 ?

After that ending? Definitely.

As for my thoughts on the season...

I liked how things kept escalating, with more and more things going wrong and making everything worse.

I liked how they established their own mythology too - you had the angels and the demons, but before them were the old gods and before them were the eldritch horrors. We didn't get to see any angels but Sabrina totally teased that she'd work with Heaven, so I'd be very surprised if the next season wasn't Heaven and Hell vs the things that predate both. The show probably doesn't have the budget for Cthulhu but I'm optimistic it'll still be cool.

Didn't really like the whole time travel thing, though. I wanted to see King Caliban. Kinda felt like they just skipped over the coolest part of the season because they didn't have the budget for it. Then all of it was meaningless anyway because yay time travel.

Not totally sure where they're going with the whole two Sabrina thing, either. Is the one serving as Queen of Hell going to become progressively more evil or something? That'd be cool.

I will say, though, if Dorian Grey has any more paintings that conveniently act as portals to plot-important locations I'm probably going to go mad.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've got 1 more episode. I like it. Its like a CW show with a budget and a moving plot instead of meandering.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'm only on episode 4.

i'll finish the season but i'm not sure i'll stick with the show anymore.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Peeps on here gonna be so mad at the end of episode 3 but you knew it was coming

Oct 27, 2017

Season 1

Season 2

Oh I see. Thanks lol. Well hopefully a 3rd season happens. IIRC this is doing well for Netflix and drives a good amount of viewership.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I've said it, and I'll say it again: their way of identifying the parts/seasons/thingy is insane. Let's drop the part 3 already, it's season 3 goddamnit!

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I was going to save this for a later date but want to contribute to the ratings so maybe we get more than originally planned. Love this show

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
The set up for all the occult elements in season 1 was really what got me interested in the series and it felt like season 2 just didn't go anywhere interesting with it

this season leans heavily into the occult aspects and body horror but also a lot of musical numbers. So, you might like it.