• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

3245c1c43.png

f48f4eed6.png

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i like how people want to both leave and go to chicago lmao. it sucks here but its got its positives

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why so many people want to move away from Orlando.

Cities like San Francisco and DC I can understand.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Baltimore being 'second' is breaking this whole thing for me. Who the fudge wants to move there.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Bye bye OL

you served... well, I wouldnt say well, but you definitely served.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Nooo. No more people in San Diego! Houses are already too expensive to buy :(

San Diego is quickly becoming overpriced for most people, yeah.

My beautiful, laid back, affordable city for everyone is changing for the worse. We had immigrants of all kinds and chill people everywhere. It wasn't fancy, just nice. Pretty soon it'll be as insufferably pretentious as Silicon Valley, with a full blown Apple campus and Whole Foods stores in every neighborhood and bougie haute cuisine passing itself off as brilliant interpretations of what the common folk ate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
San Diego is quickly becoming overpriced for most people, yeah.

My beautiful, laid back, affordable city for everyone is changing for the worse. We had immigrants of all kinds and chill people everywhere. It wasn't fancy, just nice. Pretty soon it'll be as insufferably pretentious as Silicon Valley, with a full blown Apple campus and Whole Foods stores in every neighborhood and bougie haute cuisine passing itself off as brilliant interpretations of what the common folk ate.

When was San Diego affordable?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Denver isn't, even if I personally dislike the city. And it doesn't pop up at all on the second list, wow.
Denver is not nearly as interesting as many other cities in the US. I personally don't get the desire to even visit. Visit CO in general? Yeah, it's fucking gorgeous. Denver, though? If you wanna visit a city, go to one of many other great options with more history, art, events, music, or anything.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wonder why so many people want to move away from Orlando.

Cities like San Francisco and DC I can understand.
Id guess it's inflated by having the largest university in the US (UCF, in addition to a lot of other colleges around it) constantly moving a lot of bodies in and out of there. But also, if youre not in hospitality, there isnt a lot of verticality to go up. Theres a gulf between north/central Orlando proper with upper middle class areas like Winter Park, and everywhere else like east Orlando which is mostly college age kids with menial jobs, and west Orlando like Pine Hills/Ocoee which is just east Orlando but worse without the economic net cast around the higher education institutions in east OL. Theres some room with engineers with Siemens, or Lockheed Martin, and EA has a studio there (I think for some sports games) but other than that hospitality and Disney is king.

edit: and yeah, the driving sucks

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego is the second largest city in the state. It covers a large area so there was affordable area. Now some of the suburbs are probably always expensive

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Denver might not be the most interesting city, but you're right on the foot of the Rockies. I usually take my dog on some pretty gnarly hikes a few times a week, and they're all within an hour drive of the city.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
San Diego has become unaffordable, good luck everyone trying to move here.

Dec 24, 2017
As someone who considers myself a Coloradan, I feel the bubbling of the very nativist attitude of a lot of Coloradans. On the other hand, I moved to Chicago 15 years ago and love this city with all my heart.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest darlings continue to fly under the radar. Minneapolis, Kansas City, and Des Moines are excellent cities except for the weather.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Been to Orlando lately? It can be 9 at night and you'll be stuck in traffic. Then you got heat and humidity.

Orlando traffic is nothing compared to what we have in NJ, NYC, or the DC Metro area.

I follow a ton of people in the Orlando area, and the amount of complaining they do for what amounts to volume on the roads, not traffic,is hilarious.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
BrasĂ­lia Brazil
Orlando is a good city, but traffic there is awful. The concept of underpasses is not really used in the city. Kissimmee region is all kinds of awful in terms of traffic.

I don´t understand people moving TO Baltimore, i guess it´s all that Lamar Jackson excitement.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando traffic is nothing compared to what we have in NJ, NYC, or the DC Metro area.

I follow a ton of people in the Orlando area, and the amount of complaining they do for what amounts to volume on the roads, not traffic,is hilarious.
Those 3 places you mentioned have decent public transportation. Orlando you get in traffic with all the other drivers.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Baltimore can be nice. Less than an hour from DC (can take Marc or amtrak into DC for work) about one and a half hours to Philly. Low cost of living, a lot of medical jobs and universities. Yes there is bad areas and decay but it has a lot still going for it. Around the harbor and downtown can be great in especially in summer.

Living in DC you see a fair amount of people move between the two so I'm sure that helps push it higher up the list.

Oct 27, 2017
I've said several times on here that Seattle is now an abject shithole but people don't seem to think that's true. Seriously, there's a reason people are fleeing it. Homeless people everywhere, needles galore, human shit and piss everywhere, unchecked crime, no police to be found, scumbag mayor and city council, prosecutors that don't prosecute, and judges that don't judge. It's increasingly a city of the wealthy and extremely poor with the middle being hollowed out. The people fleeing know what's up and the people that want to go there have no clue what they'd be getting themselves into.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Those 3 places you mentioned have decent public transportation. Orlando you get in traffic with all the other drivers.

Huh? The three still have way more traffic than Orlando regardless of public transportation being available. The metro areas in the NE dwarf Orlando's and the close proximity of the cities mean a lot of travelers passing though them constantly.