• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

This lines up with previous reporting from Jeff Grubb :
www.resetera.com

Jeff Grubb: The Coalition is working on Halo Infinite, the next Gears and a third project (likely a new IP, not able to confirm Star Wars rumours)

Gears studio The Coalition is busy, they are working on Halo... they are helping with Halo Infinite. That is one of the big projects that Coalition is contributing to in a major way, Coalition is also of course making the next Gears game.... But the Coalition is also working on a third thing and...

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
TC is super talented. can't wait to see what they've been cooking up. Hopefully the upcoming UE5 Alpha demo gives us a glimpse of what they are working on.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.. this is gonna be a smaller project to get used to unreal engine 5, and then theyre gonna go right back to gears 6
As they should. They have to finish up the current story arc before they can take a break from Gears

Ideally it would be: New IP (smaller scope) -> Gears 6 -> Sequel to new IP (bigger scope)

Gears 6 then becomes a long-term GAAS and lives alongside TC's new IP until they decide to reboot Gears.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Really underrated developer. Regardless of how you feel about Gears, they handled the franchise transition so much better than 343. Hivebusters is a fantastic campaign that doesn't outstay it's welcome.

I think they have the potential to knock it out of the park with a new IP.

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
Putting aside the fact that this was previously confirmed, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of singling out people who mistakenly put too much info on their LinkedIn profile, which can quickly have some dramatic real-life effect on their job when the news start spreading around.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
As they should. They have to finish up the current story arc before they can take a break from Gears

Ideally it would be: New IP (smaller scope) -> Gears 6 -> Sequel to new IP (bigger scope)

Gears 6 then becomes a long-term GAAS and lives alongside TC's new IP until they decide to reboot Gears.
This would be my exact hope and dream.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not really getting these "confirmed" comments haha.
Nothing is confirmed when until something is officially announced.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great news, such a talented team, I think they can do great things by uncoupling themselves from Gears.

Jul 17, 2018
Apologies for bumping an old thread and I take responsibility mods. But I really, really, really, really hope this is true, especially after that UE5 Matrix demo.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Gears deserves a big finale after how 5 ended but after that I'm all in on Coalition doing something brand new.

Feel like they're on the cusp of a 'level-up' like Guerilla had moving from Killzone to Horizon

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Apologies for bumping an old thread and I take responsibility mods. But I really, really, really, really hope this is true, especially after that UE5 Matrix demo.
It's true. They had an official announcement that Gears 5 support was winding down, and it would be a while before we see the Coalition again, because they want to learn UE5 properly first, and that they'd be back with a new IP, and then after that a continuation of the Gears story.

Jul 17, 2018
It's true. They had an official announcement that Gears 5 support was winding down, and it would be a while before we see the Coalition again, because they want to learn UE5 properly first, and that they'd be back with a new IP, and then after that a continuation of the Gears story.
Yea that makes since. The Coalition needs a Guerilla Games moment imo. Also is this new IP said to be by a much smaller team within TC? And I can't wait to see what more they do with UE5.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I'd expect them to become the reference studio for any other XGS that wants to dabble in UE5. Between them and Ninja Theory, other studios would have plenty of in-house experts to help out.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Good. Need to see what the studio is capable of outside the shackles of Gears which hasn't exactly been stellar.

Jul 17, 2018
after the constant disappointments with Gears MP the Coalition should hand off the gears IP to a better suited team.

It's pretty clear the people who are still at the studio don't want to make Gears

I constantly heard people say that TC wants to continue making Gears games. Also after Rod left what's the point of having the devs shackled to Gears? At least with 343i there are a lot of former Bungie devs. Does TC even have a lot of former Epic Games devs that helped worked on Gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.