• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Rumors swerling they have been working on a Star Wars game alongside Gears 6 have just been squashed.

New IP or Spin Off we dont know, just not Star Wars.

"Just to clarify regarding the Star Wars thing

We are not working on any such title. We have nothing else to announce at this time".

old.reddit.com

Gears 5 | The Coalition Moving to Next-Gen Development, Unreal Engine 5

Posted in r/GearsOfWar by u/[deleted] • 197 points and 83 comments

The MS studio working on the Star Wars game must be someone else, either XGS or Bethesda.

I keep seeing people saying it would be a Mandalorian game, but why would it have to be that? EA will make a new Battlefront game and Respawn is making a sequel to JFO, Ubisoft is also making a new Massive game whatever that turns out to be, Kotor remakes and a new Kotor too by Aspyr, is that the reason it has to be a Mandalorian game? Is there something here I am missing?

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
It was a prevalent enough rumor they chose to deny it, in a comment someone said they hoped one of the new projects was Star Wars.

Weird they would word it as the "Star Wars thing" to someone hoping for it lol.

old.reddit.com

Posted in r/GearsOfWar by u/[deleted] • 193 points and 83 comments

Edit: I just realized reading the Xbox OT, that random reddit user is MistahS lol.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
If it is Starwars, then its probably a Bethesda studio for sure. I think Indiana Jones and Star Wars would be legit.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Yeah, because if they were really working on it they would simply say that to a random user on reddit, right?

I'm not saying that they are working on it, it's just that this doesn't say anything.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
If any MS Studio should work on Star Wars, it's Obsidian. A Coalition game would be way less interesting to me.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Hopefully it's a new ip. The coalition know how to make some of the most satisfying TPS gameplay out there. It's time to put it into something outside of gears.
Yeah, because if they were really working on it they would simply say that to a random user on reddit, right?

I'm not saying that they are working on it, it's just that this doesn't say anything.
If they were working on one, they wouldn't deny it. They would just keep silent.

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

Read my second post, I thought it was weird to deny as you say a random reddit poster hoping for star wars, unless you want to send a message that the rumors that might have given them that idea arent true.

Not saying we wont get hoodwinked if they do announce to be working on it at some point, I just thought it was weird.

Beaten by seconds by Kolx .Put it betther than me with fewer words lol.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

They probably wouldn't mention I imagine, not saying there is no chance of them making this game, but there is no reason of them to talk about it If they are really making something.

Honestly I don't even know where this rumor comes from, I always thought it was just wishful thinking based on the info that Disney wants more SW games.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
It was a prevalent enough rumor they chose to deny it, in a comment someone said they hoped one of the new projects was Star Wars.

Weird they would word it as the "Star Wars thing" to someone hoping for it lol.

old.reddit.com

Posted in r/GearsOfWar by u/[deleted] • 193 points and 83 comments

Edit: I just realized reading the Xbox OT, that random reddit user is MistahS lol.
-waves-

😂

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
This reads as "See you at E3 2022" or beyond to me.

Good. Take your time. They are masters of Unreal, so their next projects will be stunning for sure.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see them do a new ip than Star Wars so curious to see what it ends up being.

OP
OP
Marano

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Do we know for certain an Xbox studio is doing a SW game then?
No, could be Bethesda, unless you count xgs and bethesda as xbox and not MS?

Could also be neither, as this turned out to be nothing too.

Edit: If it is Bethesda it is for sure a pre acquisition deal, simmilar to indiana jones, with different contracts, very likely imo.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I never saw anything backing that rumor up, just seemed like someone said "gee it'd be cool if..." and somewhere along the way that graduated to "heavily rumored Mandalorian game from the Coalition!"

and I'm glad it's not true