• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
The standards have been raised not only critically but also in terms of the audience expectations. Even Bethesda is supposedly working on a new animation and companion system and a bigger focus on writing in their upcoming games. All thanks to Witcher 3.
TLoZ is not longer unique and now has to face competition outside of Nintendo so they have to evolve.

You might say: "Witcher 3 plays like shit!", but GoW doesn't. It's the proof that you can have a game that has both a great story, cinematic set pieces and incredible combat. No more excuses.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i loved GoW, but jesus christ some of you:
yc1M74p.gif

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Breath of the Wild sold gangbusters as it was. Nintendo aren't forced to do anything.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BotW would be worse if it had more exposition than it already does. They should go the opposite direction.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Nintendo dances to the beat of their own drum. Whatever they decide to do, it won't be because someone else did it.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do not see that happening because of God of War

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And people thought it would be impossible to topple the annoyance of some BotW threads LMAO.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
bahahaha, no. I mean for some reason people don't complain about story when it comes to Nintendo games, so why would they even try?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo doesn't think about competing with competitors' games, so no. They come up with a concept and draw from other games as necessary. They don't give a shit what Sony/Bethesda/CD Projekt/whoever does as long as they're making a quality product

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure nintendo will learn some things from those games just like developers could/should learn a lot from breath of the wild.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just like other better-written, more story focused games forced them in the past, right?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha OP.

I wish next Zeldas have more story, but Nintendo doesn't really look at other games when it comes to story. Zelda teams come up with a concept or gameplay first, and story comes last.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
And the commercial success of BoTW (best selling Zelda ever) will tell Nintendo it doesn't.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It wont, BotW is the best selling Zelda and the game doesnt abide to these "rules" at all

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They really should improve on it, but it won't happen and especially not because of Witcher or God of war.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I hope not.

Nintendo can do that with an IP like Metroid or maybe they can try another Star Fox reboot like that weird one on GameCube. They should focus on expanding what made BotW great.

whiskeymatt

Oct 28, 2017
Breath of the Wild was a systems focused playground with an afterthought of a story and it's the best selling Zelda of all-time so no they probably won't.

Deleted member 26462

User requested account closure
Oct 30, 2017
Pls don't...look at Skyward Sword.

Last thing i want in a Zelda game is cinematography, Zelda needs good design, exploration and gameplay, and i hope they stack with this elements forever and never try this experiments the saga doesn't need.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fucks sake. How long are we going to hear about thsee shitty GoW based takes. You liked the game, great, we don't need you to push it on us every 20 minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
Unlikely. They're essentially fairy tales, for all ages, and aren't going to follow the trends of games built for older audiences. The stories will likely remain simple, though that won't mean that can't be enjoyable like many of them have been.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Not at all.

But I'm expecting a worthwhile narrative from the next BotW. Otherwise, I don't know if the same degree of freedom will be enough to hook me. The memories in BOTW already leave so much to be desired.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because everyone knows Nintendo goes after trends all the time!

Also, no. BOTW will sell over 10M+. They care nothing about other games. lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it won't.

Nintendo may take inspiration from other things at times but ultimately they do things how they want to do it in their own way

And frankly their better off for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.