• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
header2020mnk4x.png

Happy New Year! Welcome back to the home of console screenshots on ResetEra!
2019 has come and gone and but the screenshots and memories will always remain in our hearts (and also linked here lol). As 2020 begins we move closer to the end of this generation, but with more games on the horizon there are still many worlds to explore, moments to be shared, and adventures to be had. Share your vision!

rules2020rej2u.png

• PlayStation 4, PlayStation Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch and Wii U screens only.
  • NOW FEATURING PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X
  • Two screenshots per post, two consecutive posts allowed.
  • If there have been no new post in two hours and you were the last to post, you may make two more consecutive posts.
  • NO triple posting.
  • The name of the game and the console you took the screens from MUST be in the first line of the post.
  • "Photomode" must be in the first line of any post that has screenshots that were taken using a photomode.
  • Do not post any surprising plot-related moments or locations from a game released in the LAST THREE MONTHS.
  • Screenshots must be 1080p if they're from the PS4 or Xbox One, and 720p or 1080p if they're from the Wii U/Switch. While 4K images are allowed for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, you are highly encouraged to downsample them to 1080p instead.
  • Same ol' same, you guys know the deal! Happy Posting!

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Always fun to poke in and go through this thread from time to time, looking forward to seeing what 2020 brings.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Mission Replay) | Xbox One X
acecombat7_skiesunknopjkc4.png

acecombat7_skiesunknoupk5u.png

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yay! :D I have high hopes that I will this year be a big contributor to this thread again. I am really looking forward to what photography The Last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima will make us able to do, and not to forget yet unannounced PS5/Series X games. This is going to be so good...

egg, One proposal I have though, and which I forgot to voice before a new thread was made. Why don't we rename these kinds of threads to "Console Photography Thread"? Many of the pictures posted in these threads are made in photo modes, and even those that are not are of great beauty and of artistic/technical skill. It's in my mind photography, not simply screenshotting. Sounds like we are selling our work a bit short. ;) The term "game photography" or "game photographers" for our community has also been more and more setting foot on the internet and social media. Let this be the first recommended website by Google if someone is looking for great game photography. :)

Edit: I can as well add some photos of mine.

God of War, PS4 Pro, photomode

49312777901_ea27431d5d_o.png

49312279923_389f666584_o.png

Last edited:

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
Happy New Year 2020 all and GG !!!
Very good job egg ^^ thank you for opening a new crossroads of sharing and creation!
I am of the same opinion as tyaren with regard to the global vision of what is happening here and on the fact of giving it a "different name" to be discussed for that of 2021 which will be the start of a new era for the young virtual photography art :P

Star Wars Jfo one x photomode

1576603292-17-12-2019-18-03-48-230vo034-resultat.jpg

1576603298-17-12-2019-18-03-47-kumf5nbr-resultat.jpg

OP
OP
egg

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
egg, One proposal I have though, and which I forgot to voice before a new thread was made. Why don't we rename these kinds of threads to "Console Photography Thread"? Many of the pictures posted in these threads are made in photo modes, and even those that are not are of great beauty and of artistic/technical skill. It's in my mind photography, not simply screenshotting. Sounds like we are selling our work a bit short. ;) The term "game photography" or "game photographers" for our community has also been more and more setting foot on the internet and social media. Let this be the first recommended website by Google if someone is looking for great game photography. :)

Happy New Year 2020 all and GG !!!
Very good job egg ^^ thank you for opening a new crossroads of sharing and creation!
I am of the same opinion as tyaren with regard to the global vision of what is happening here and on the fact of giving it a "different name" to be discussed for that of 2021 which will be the start of a new era for the young virtual photography art :P

Thanks you guys and im actually completely down for a more accurate rebranding. If anything I could just ask a mod to rename it lol. I was already in the mindset of change when it came to the title. Its why i went with 'the console screenshot thread' vs '2020 console screenshot thread' it was getting boring haha.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks you guys and im actually completely down for a more accurate rebranding. If anything I could just ask a mod to rename it lol. I was already in the mindset of change when it came to the title. Its why i went with 'the console screenshot thread' vs '2020 console screenshot thread' it was getting boring haha.

If you are down for it too, yeah, why not just ask a mod to change the name to "Console Photography Thread". :)
It's a bit of a shame that we can not just call it "Game Photography Thread", because that's what everyone usually calls it and what people would be searching online for. Unless we name it "Console Game Photography Thread", which is an a bit longer and bulkier name though. The PC guys could name their thread the "PC Game Photography Thread" if they want to.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, just stay screenshotters while we are moving up to photographers. ;)
You can call it whatever you want but I still see a ton of gameplay screenshots with full HUDs on this page. So unless you want to discourage those types of images (and I don't), renaming it seems silly. I consider that whole "virtual photography" thing its own separate hobby. By renaming the thread, you're basically saying "this is now that hobby" and anyone wanting to post basic gameplay shots because there is no photomode might feel discouraged.

So I'm going to stick with the screenshot name.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You can call it whatever you want but I still see a ton of gameplay screenshots with full HUDs on this page. So unless you want to discourage those types of images (and I don't), renaming it seems silly. I consider that whole "virtual photography" thing its own separate hobby. By renaming the thread, you're basically saying "this is now that hobby" and anyone wanting to post basic gameplay shots because there is no photomode might feel discouraged.

Hey, I was just joking. ;) I didn't even know that you made or are going to make the annual PC screenshot thread. At least I now assume you are.
I do however not think that calling it photography discourages anyone (nor was it my intention to) who just wants to post screenshots with the HUD on. Even most of those shots show that the photographers used some artistic or technical skill to take that shot. And I don't think it is "silly" either, thanks.

God of War, PS4 Pro, photomode

49254607843_c622a713fb_o.png

49315602088_cfbe4313bd_o.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017

I agree with this. Using the word photography raises the bar unnecessarily. I would at least never call my screenshots that I mostly amass by spamming the share button throughout my playthroughs for 'photography'.

Raw Data, PSVR Pro
6JqDL3H.png

brI9xqn.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.