• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...irst-time-female-candidates-on-anniversary-of

The new Time magazine cover features the portraits of first-time female candidates who say they were inspired to run for office by the Women's March one year ago.

The cover story, "The Avengers," by Time correspondent Charlotte Alter, highlights individuals and groups that make up the grass-roots movement of women running for office nationwide.

DT1CkwyX4AAkH5W.jpg:large

The second from the right in the bottom row, Anna V. Eskamani, is someone whose campaign my friends and I have been volunteering for every week for the last several months. Seeing her and all these other women be recognized in their first bid for public office makes me so proud of the hard work we all put in for the women we believe in.

Get involved, join a local campaign, make a difference.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dramatic surge of women and minority candidates may be one of the few silver linings that comes of this shameful era in our country.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The next time people say "there was the Women's March but then nothing" this will prove quite useful. Thanks for your volunteering, OP.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Just a reminder, there is a Women's March all around the country this Saturday.

I'll be there.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
The next time people say "there was the Women's March but then nothing" this will prove quite useful. Thanks for your volunteering, OP.

Word! My wife and I are participating in a Women's March this Saturday. Think I'll just print out this Time cover, make it a sign and hold it up high! It's been such a good feeling getting actively involved in supporting equal rights, because it really does make a difference

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Great cover, it's truly inspiring. With all the ugliness that has happened in the last year, it's nice to see a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that almost half of the Virginia D candidates who won their elections recently were women.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time's parent company is now owned by the Koch brothers, so I don't know how much longer they'll have articles like this. They've voiced they have no plans to meddle with Time, but I have doubts