• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Performance seems bad on PC? I can't even maintain 60fps on medium settings this is with a 1060.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Some obvious performance issues in the PS4 (amateur) version when doing street races and free roaming.

Handling feels floaty and stiff, tweaking the dead zone helps a little but still doesn't feel great, guessing the part system will help out but I'm not sure I wanna grind to get the game to play well.

I could see just cruising around being fun.

The first city is pretty dull, not much activity going on, empty streets, not many vehicles either.

Boats feel fine from the tutorial race, planes felt ugh.

I'll give it more time but yeah I'm not sure I want an MMO racer that doesn't play great until I grind and get the parts that make it feel like it should feel to me to start with.

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Game doesn't feel like a smooth 60fps even though it's locked at that framerate with perfect frame pacing according to RTSS

FH3 feels a lot smoother and responsive in comparison

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Still enjoying this, but the lack of activity and street traffic compared to the first is noticeable. Also, planes will get old incredibly quick, unless there are some super inventive events waiting. This will be a car/boat game for me, and that's fine.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else playing on PC at 1440p? The opening video/FMV was really pixelated and low res, the game itself and other cutscenes were fine though. Had the same issue in FFXV on PC.

Is it a case of some cutscenes rendering at 1080p, making them look upscaled at resolutions past 1080?

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to see which roads you've already driven on in total? Similar to TDU? I'd love to see my road completion and what roads I've driven and not drive on.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
hadn´t had the time to look into the open beta, will play later...

did they fix the horrible pop ins on PS4Pro? it was really distracting in the closed beta, if you drove fast suddenly cars popped up and trees and buildings were low res from a distance

the white map needs a black mode or night mode, it is really horrible to look at when playing at night

honestly, with PVP lobbies coming in December the whole game feels like it needs more time in the oven. essentially buying it now is paying for an beta/early access style game. i am sure Ubi will bring many fixes to the game but i am really thinking about canceling the pre order at this point. game seemed unfinished in some ways.

hopefully the open beta is better than the closed, because the cruising around itself is fun but The Crew 1 has much more content and is more polished than the second and that is frankly baffling...

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else playing on PC at 1440p? The opening video/FMV was really pixelated and low res, the game itself and other cutscenes were fine though. Had the same issue in FFXV on PC.

Is it a case of some cutscenes rendering at 1080p, making them look upscaled at resolutions past 1080?

I think the opening video is prerendered at 1080p. Not sure about other cutscenes but from what I've seen, they're being rendered in-game at 1440p so far.

Deleted member 21858

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The cutscenes... holy fuck, so bad haha.

Game seems okay, but maybe too repetitive. I think I will wait for OnRush to hit PC.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Somewhat mad that they have no Orlando at all in the map. Really? I was unaware that Miami made up 50% of Florida. I get that there have to be cutbacks but how did Chattanooga make the cut but Orlando didn't?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so, played an hour, my gripes with the game:

- still pop in/ draw in, it is annoying in a racing game
- second cam option too close to the car, needs to be further away
- needs GPS line on screen like in The Crew 1, minimap is not sufficient. the line was seen in preview videos, it was a yellow line, why isn´t it in the game anymore?
- headlights still a joke, it´s only a little area before the car, you literally can´t see anything when driving in the countryside at night
- white map is awful, night mode needed
- GPS is not precise enough
- those yellow signs stop you to an absolute crawl from full speed, it doesn´t make sense
- crashing feels awful, cars feel like they are made of rubber
- when driving into an AI car it is like magnetism, it sucks
- when jumping it doesn´t feel good
- UI doesn´t fit on the screen, it´s too large
- a little too sterile, The Crew 1 felt livelier
- PVP lobbies delayed until December
- planes are boring

i am torn about the game...i like the cruising around, doing an event here and there but wow, there is still much work to do on the game imo...

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I think the opening video is prerendered at 1080p. Not sure about other cutscenes but from what I've seen, they're being rendered in-game at 1440p so far.
Yes, some cutscenes show up crispy clear, but the very first video for example looks hideous, text looks so pixelated. Tried the beta on my X1X though and every cutscene was fine there. Shame about the lack of HDR, but i'm guessing it's in the full game on console at least.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, there's more. You can rank up your popularity so that opens up additional disciplines and races.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
played another 2 hours and came to the conclusion:

giphy.gif

as i said there are too many things that must be fixed before i consider buying it and when it is in a state that is "good" it will be much cheaper. don´t want to throw money at Ubisoft for an imo unfinished game...

synthplynth

Oct 29, 2017
Sadly the loss of the floating nav line for waypoints is a show stopper. No idea what Ubisoft was thinking there.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Does anything carry over to the retail game from the Beta?
I got to be part of the Alpha on PC, have had it preordered for months based on the fun I had with it.
Honestly if nothing carries over, I will just wait until next Friday.
If somehow things do carry over, well I will gladly hop in early.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
According to the official site - nothing carries over

WILL MY PROGRESSION BE CARRIED OVER TO THE FULL GAME?
  • YOUR CHARACTERS AND PROGRESSION FROM THIS BETA WON'T BE KEPT FOR THE FINAL GAME

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like it so far. Will probably get when it comes out cause I have credit to use on Xbl and can game share with a friend to play with me

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to give it more time while the beta is running, but yeah, this feels just as boring as the first game.

At least the jumps kinda spice things up.

Mar 21, 2018
Game looks cool but can someone tell me what i need to do in order to be able to post a new thread? I know neogaf had some sort of requirements so i assume this site does as well.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Really disappointed with this so far. Lack of PVP was really surprising to me and the fact it won't be patched until Dec is laughable.

Performance on OG PS4 is bad. Framerate drops all over the place.

Awful voice acting. Floaty controls.

Really thought this would be a big improvement but it just seems kinda soulless. An open world racer without randoms to play with? I'm out.

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was so excited for this game because of the air races, but man, the beta put me off hard. On an OG PS4 I had noticeable input lag, performance never seemed stable, loading times everywhere, and the game doesn't even look that good. The worst for me, though, were the terrible controls. All the vehicles felt like they had no weight to them and didn't abide to the laws of physics. I played GTA San Andreas while the beta was downloading and it just baffles me that an action game from 2004 has better and more realistic controlling vehicles (planes specifically) in it, than a dedicated racing game from 2018. Killed all my hype for the game.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Yikes. I was really looking forward to playing the open Beta this weekend and probably buying this on day 1 but these impressions y'all are giving out are making me rather apprehensive and concerned.

time-space

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disappointed by what I played. I am glad that they removed the serious cop drama from the first game. However, what they replaced it with doesn't seem much better. The build up to why you're doing these events is really poor. It has no energy and purpose. It all feels kind of pointless. The Crew Wild Run was so much better. The voice acting and the details on the NPCs are really bad. Why even include NPCs.

Maybe I didn't play enough of the bata, but it seems like they removed the iconic locations from the first game. Also, the progression is really weird. Why not have the player start from one location and have them move through the world from one event to another.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I looked forward to the first one, got it and hardly played it because the driving and physics were not fun and the objectives weren't either. For whatever reason I've been looking forward to this one with the hope it's been improved a lot and that it'll be a fun distraction and a Diddy Kong like arcade racer (boats, planes, cars).

So these impressions are disappointing.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
the line was in preview videos...it was yellow, i don´t know why it isn´t there anymore

Didn't you have to unlock it via skills in the first game? I wonder if something like that isn't the case here?

Regardless, yeah, this is my biggest problem with the game thus far (this and the headlights being completely useless at night). Not a total deal-breaker but I can see it causing me some serious frustration.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the closed beta.

Downloaded this again.

Progress didn't carry over.

Yeah no thanks. Not even a big fan of the driving physics in this game, nor the graphics. Meh

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PC performance is fine but the cars feels fucking awful to drive. Floaty, stuff, and weird. Uninstalled pretty quickly, would rather be playing Forza or Wreckfest or any number of better feeling driving games. And after looking at Horizon 4 this looks like a last gen game by comparison.

Oct 27, 2017
I think at this point the only reason I haven't canceled my preorder is because I managed to get the Gold Edition preordered for ~$65 on Amazon a while back.

Some parts of the world look nice (the road along Salt Lake in Utah is something else), but smaller towns and the edges of some cities give me some real Hulk Ultimate Destruction vibes. Controls feel all over the place (floaty for cars, kinda laggy for planes, and just kinda awful for boats) and there really doesn't feel like there's any reason for the world to be as big (and empty) as it is.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So is the open beta meant to open up to 34 new missions after a certain point?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
...Is there no way to restart a race in progress, even if it's single player? If I'm in 8th place halfway through a race with no chance of catching up, I don't want to have to finish it just for funsies.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
...Is there no way to restart a race in progress, even if it's single player? If I'm in 8th place halfway through a race with no chance of catching up, I don't want to have to finish it just for funsies.
On ps4, press triangle to bring up the restart or abort menu then press and hold x

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worse than The Crew 1 and Need For Speed Payback. I liked those two games a lot (after all their patches).

Their stories may have been generic, but at least they provided some urgency. This is just pure sandbox, but because the driving controls are worse than the original there is a lack of fun or urge to return later.

Boats and Planes feel easy and useless. Maybe they get challenging later? Or the challenge will be racing other players? Not sure.