• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
do you know what i feel would be fitting in this game? parachuting! i mean there are already avatars, would have been so cool to go parachuting and landing in a marked spot or on top of buildings like a modern Pilotwings..or parachute and transform into a car on the ground

maybe they bring this as DLC, Steep had paragliding, this here screams for parachuting .-)

Funny you mention Pilot Wings. I was playing around with the plane and was reminded of the light plane from that series. It'd have been cool for sure to have some extreme stunt stuff like parachuting etc. I think it could fit into the mission structure ok (perform stunts in plane, dive out of plane and parachute onto a target. I'd be up for DLC like that for sure.

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge fan of The Crew 1, played a lot with it and with Wild Run DLC, my impression from the beta so far.

Pros:
-graphically improved: Lighting is the most improved thing, The Crew 1, after the PBR patch, was good but flat, too much desaturated.
-handling improved: The Crew, when released, it was like driving in GTA or Watchdogs, very basic, very unrealistic. After the patch, control was good but not perfect. Now cars reacts much better, it's not Forza Horizon but it is a good compromise. Also boat have different handling if you drive on the river or in the ocean.
-map complexity: map is more varying but less complex. The Crew 1 was like long straight roads and the forest with the same trees. Now everything is more different, more polished, more interesting.
-weather conditions: The Crew was like 1 day sunny/ 1 day raining, very annoying. Now weather is much more realistic. Rain, fog etc are affected by clouds position. Other games, when simulate rain, have this strange effect of turning to grey arbitrarily, in TC2 if there is a cloud over the city there's the rain.
Also you don't have specific region with sun or snow but climate change can hit every area. I don't know if it is from server side. Sadly, some climate changes occurs in every point of the map, so if it is snowy in Chicago, is also snowy in... Los Angeles and Miami :(

Cons:
-No Summit, no buy;
-some areas are gone: famous building in some cities are missing for unknown reason, for example New York had a Grand Central Station building and now is gone. Military base on the north from Chicago, that with a huge ramp, is gone forever, and i believe its not the only. Maybe it's just my impression, but for me cities have less objects but at the same they are more variegated.
-traffic is reduced: The Crew 1 had lot of traffic and lot people around the streets, while The Crew 2 feels empty in comparison. I don't need for cathedral in the desert, i want living cities!
-please insert a brightness slide in the option menù, sometimes it's just too dark.
-joining the crew: The Crew 1 had a easy way to join a crew: see a car, approach to it, ask for joining, face the challenges. It was very easy and fast to join strangers on the fly. Now (maybe) you have to add people in your friend list.
- In the Crew 1, every car can (almost) have any setting, now you have to buy a street car, a drag car, a off road car, etc. I don't like it very much.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I like having different cars for events. Having 1 car do everything with how insanely little money we got in the first one meant I did the entire game on a skyline. This time around we get decent pay day money, at least 1 free car/vehicle per class and I'm encouraged to expirament.

This game feels like the true successor to test drive unlimited which is exactly what I wanted

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I own The Crew, I don't like it but I tried really hard to... Good news is that it's much more fun to race around this time, the controls are much improved (even though it's still far from perfect) , now it's serviceable!
Graphics on PS4 (Pro) are also much better, the structure and interface is improved too (if a little too much like Steep)... But man, the planes, what a boring fest. Offroad, street, boats, it's all good. Planes, damn it's poor. Not unlike Steep' s snowboard and ski vs the terrible glider. Ubi should definitely focus on quality over quantity because it hurts their games so much IMO.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game, can't wait for the full release. I don't know why this franchise clicks with me so well, but I'm so glad it exists. My only beef so far is that planes just don't seem as fun at the other vehicles.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, as someone who never played Crew 1... did the franchise always have this hokey extreme racing reality TV show veneer? The bad acting, crappy dialog, and poorly synched animations in the cutscenes are kind of sucking me out of the experience, but I can get past that if the racing is good.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, as someone who never played Crew 1... did the franchise always have this hokey extreme racing reality TV show veneer? The bad acting, crappy dialog, and poorly synched animations in the cutscenes are kind of sucking me out of the experience, but I can get past that if the racing is good.

The Crew 1 was about gangs using racing to traffic drugs and whatnot the acting was not much better
I think the Crew 1's story worked out better. This is not really a story at all it is closer to Test Drive Unlimited's later racer story

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is fantastic, easily the most exciting open world racer of the decade along with Forza Horizon 3. Handling is different enough from both the first game and Forza to feel fun and new. The world is incredibly huge with an exciting and breathtaking design. Boggles my mind how it's around a hundred miles drive to get from one side of the map to another. Switching vehicles on the go feels great, and nearly everything I tried felt really good. The variety seems great too. I'm totally sold, and for once Forza Horizon will have proper competition. In terms of scope and variety this game will almost certainly beat Horizon 4, though of course Playground's title will likely beat it on graphics, handling, and so on.

Ubisoft and its open worlds strike again. They had their up and downs, but the latest entries in all their open world games (Assassin's Creed Origins, Watch Dogs 2, Steep with its Olympics DLC, Wildlands, Far Cry 5 and now The Crew 2) are just so damn good at what they want to achieve.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game ship with polarised sunglasses and night vision goggles? Because 50% of the time I can't see shit.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Been playing this more and nore and it's really growing on me. Been switching between this and FH3 and although the the races and handling are better in FH, TC2 has better graphics, a decent fun handling model, awesome drift mechanics in drift cars and it's a blast and relaxing to cruise around the world trying to earn money.

the planes, in far back view mode, controls more realistically with pitch and yaw on their own axis regardless of orientation. Makes it a decent challenge to fly well. Oh and bikes in fps mode handlebars is a rush to ride around the world in

Wish it had HDR (Xbox x) and that the headlights illuminate the road and they controls were customizable for buttons but I have decided to definitely pick it up to play until fh4.

Wish it was releasing now.

Last edited:

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was finally able to spent a couple of hours playing

Well, this washed away the bad taste The Crew left in my mouth.

No more edgy hollywoodesque plot, no cops, no underground market. They really learn from their mistakes.

The driving is more fun and heavy, graphics are more clean and the sound is quite nice. The map is huuuuuuuuuuuuge and there's way less distracting markers than i expected. It is a pretty solid effort coming from Ivory Tower, it feels like Arcade TDU, and i friggin' love that.

My only gripe is the plane controls but well, i may get used to them with time

- In the Crew 1, every car can (almost) have any setting, now you have to buy a street car, a drag car, a off road car, etc. I don't like it very much.

It was like this in TDU2, and i loved it to death. It made me happy to see it come back

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
not entirely sure because I don't know if the players are manually resetting when they hit something but from what I've seen there are little to no consequences when you crash, and apparently no crashcam. Collisions between player and Traffic cars are comical but at least the ones between AI opponents look good.

offroad and street racing looked the most fun to me so far

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed my time with it this weekend, love how the map snaps to drive instantly no matter where you go on the map with very little loading.

I do see the odd glitches and texture loading so hope these are ironed out by release.

But a good fun game

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
On the subject of stupid did anyone else think that making L1 and R1 up-shift and down-shift was reaaallyy reaaalllllllyyyy stupid?
Why is that stupid? I use that set-up all the time, especially in racing games.

I'm surprised you say it should be clear to people that this is a pure arcade game because based on what they've shown since last E3, personally I thought that there will definitely be some sim aspects to it. When I saw the race circuits I thought of real, rubberband free competitive racing, the planes and red bull brand made me think of Red Bull Air race. Only more recently when they started showing over the top action such as cars speeding over jumps it was a sign that this will be more on the arcadey side.

I haven't played any of it yet but I was never really interested in the Open world layout to begin with. I'd rather play a Driver type of game with a lot of traffic and simcade physics in a Open world than this to be honest.

Some people tend to forget that in GTA V Franklin was "the driver" and that you could improve the handling by simply speeding trough the world a lot. Driving as Trevor or Michael wasn't the same.
The Crew has never been marketed as a simulation game, though. I mean even the reveal shows the world folding...that mechanic wouldn't ever be part of a simulation game. The Crew is not about simulating, it's been about having fun and enjoying the expansive world.

RedBull get that idea. They even put there name to Soapbox races around the world. They love the weird and wonderful so teaming up in this game is the perfect 'non-serious' fit.

There really is no other game quite like it. A chill cruise across the USA on the very best roads in gaming (yes, far better than GTA San Andrea) is a brilliant experience...as long as we still get a decent radio station to capture hearts and minds.

do you know what i feel would be fitting in this game? parachuting! i mean there are already avatars, would have been so cool to go parachuting and landing in a marked spot or on top of buildings like a modern Pilotwings..or parachute and transform into a car on the ground

maybe they bring this as DLC, Steep had paragliding, this here screams for parachuting .-)
Would be cool but this isn't an on-foot game at all. When you land, what then?

Also this is just a beta map right? I mean the final map will have more cities right? I saw a youtuber say this but just want to double check here to ask if anyone can confirm this because the map seems to be missing some Crew 1 locations
Oh god...what's missing?

Let's see, we have major cities from the first game per area:
- Detroit
- New York
- Miami
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles

Then we had a bunch of explorable cities:
- Seattle
- Chigago
- Washington
- Salt Lake City
- New Orleans
- Dallas
- San Fransisco

And then we had a plethora of smaller towns like Santa Fe, Amarillo and Sacramento, to name just a few.

I just hope the big natural attractions are intact. The Mountain States and the West Coast in particular are have wonder drives in The Crew. Those had better remain untouched or enhanced i.e. more roads as well as the pre-existing ones.

Huge fan of The Crew 1, played a lot with it and with Wild Run DLC, my impression from the beta so far.

Pros:
-map complexity: map is more varying but less complex. The Crew 1 was like long straight roads and the forest with the same trees. Now everything is more different, more polished, more interesting.

Cons:
-some areas are gone: famous building in some cities are missing for unknown reason, for example New York had a Grand Central Station building and now is gone. Military base on the north from Chicago, that with a huge ramp, is gone forever, and i believe its not the only. Maybe it's just my impression, but for me cities have less objects but at the same they are more variegated.
What do you mean by less complex? The roads are still there but are simplified or just look different which seems less complex? Or have they outright removed some roads?

Also, some area's gone!?

Noooooooo...

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to play anymore of the beta the Grind it too much already I have no idea how youtubers unlocked supercars already to post videos of them but I could hardly get my second car

I'll grind at the end of the month since I already paid for the Gold Edition

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
^^^^^. I don't know how they did that either but you can go into the Catalog and test drive almost any car in the beta for one minute at a time and keep hitting test drive.

Trying them out Kind of help me decide to get the game because the other cars handle really cool and bikes and boats and planes

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
Not too long ago I gave the original Crew a go on Uplay through the free 5 hour trial, and absolutely hated the floaty and unresponsive car physics, so I deleted it and never looked back. The Crew 2 however, I actually quite like the car physics so I enjoyed the beta to some extent. Here are some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- Nice graphics (PC on ultra).
- Huge map that I spent a few hours driving around, checking out the cities and sites.
- The variety of vehicles to use.
- Car sounds are nice.
- Offroading is quite fun.

Cons:
- Even though the variety of vehicles is high, all the car models are "old", and by this I mean there is almost nothing from 2018 and even 2017. Where are the Porsche 991 mk2s, Ferrari 488 (road car), McLaren 720S or BMW M5 2019? I understand they are probably more expensive to license, but come on Ubi. (I suppose those will come as DLC)
- The weather system is the same across all the map, I was driving around in Miami and it started to snow, so everything was covered in snow... It was the same on the other side of the map, snow. Although not a big con, I would like to see separate weather for the different cities.
- When driving in snow, the snow textures on the car look like some one splashed white paint on it.
- Draw distance detail is too short, even with everything on ultra I saw LODs way too close whilst stationary.
- I'm not against grinding a bit to buy a car or bike, but some cars and bikes are priced waaay too high, the Ducati Diavel is something like 350k (correct me if i'm wrong)! Really? I hope payouts from racing increase as you progress.
- I know the beta is limited to the amount of events that are available, but from what was visible (and inaccessible), the number of events for specific classes seem to be too low.

All in all even though I enjoyed the beta, I'm going to wait and see what they do with the game. My main factor for purchase would be them adding custom checkpoint races, which can be saved and raced against AI (I don't care about racing other people), this would allow for a crap tonne of unique races and replayability. I just have a feeling that a lot of the map will be underutilised.

Oct 28, 2017
The Crew 1 was my sleep hit of last year. Without knowing it, I'd sunk hours just cruising around with no need for any real objectives. It looks like the Crew 2 will carry on that tradition of the beta is anything to go by.

There were a couple of bugs which I'll put down to it being a beta and I'm not sure why a couple of 'click to select' menus wouldn't have been a better idea than trying to crudely navigate around in first person at the hub areas.

That said, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to the final game!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
one thing i am wondering, when i looked at the ingame events it ends at a certain rank (can´t remeber the name now and i am not at home) at level 1, so it ended at "Rank X 1" maybe there are more ranks after that? or more tiers of that rank like "Rank X 2, X 3" or maybe a whole new rank after that?

because i think it´s a little bit thin on events. or maybe it is meant to replay all the events on hard because for hard you need a car score of 230 or so...i just hope there is enough to do in the release version

Feb 8, 2018
Does anyone know if it will not require an internet connection to play solo and against AI? Because PS Store doesn't mention anything (by comparison other PS Store products with online walls have it mentioned)

I'm was fairly sure it does but i'm still asking out of curiosity.

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if it will not require an internet connection to play solo and against AI? Because PS Store doesn't mention anything (by comparison other PS Store products with online walls have it mentioned)

I'm was fairly sure it does but i'm still asking out of curiosity.

From the Beta FAQ

The Crew 2 FAQ said:
Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership to participate in the Beta?
As for the final game version, this Beta will be fully playable in solo without any Xbox Live Gold or PSN+ subscription. However, playing with friends or joining a crew features will be unavailable without them.

Feb 8, 2018
thank you but unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. This isn't about Xbl or Psplus.

The Crew apparently had an always on requirement so chances are that it'll be the same for this. I don't see any benefits in it lol. There are people out there who don't want to be compared to others all the time you know

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
thank you but unfortunately that doesn't answer my question. This isn't about Xbl or Psplus.

The Crew apparently had an always on requirement so chances are that it'll be the same for this. I don't see any benefits in it lol

I guess it is the same for TC2... When the servers were down, you couldn't participate in the Beta.

Edit: yup
The Crew 2 FAQ said:
Do I need an internet connection to play this Beta?
The Crew 2 being an always-connected living experience, an internet connection is required to play this Beta.

Last edited:

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprisingly disappointed by The Crew 2 beta. The game feels solid, but not much different from The Crew 1 (handling aside).
I'm not sure I like being able to fast-travel anywhere from the start. I really liked how in The Crew 1 you progressed to new events by exploring the map and discovering things along the way.
I do like the boats and planes. My favorite thing about The Crew 1 is the event variety, and The Crew 2 beta was obviously limited in that aspect, so I'm looking forward to seeing all sorts of different events in the full game.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i played a round of The Crew 1 again, is it me or do the nights look better in TC1? Something is off with the nights in TC2, maybe a little too bright or the lighting not on point but i really think TC1 is a little better at night than TC2...

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
Because it would be nice to be able brake and down-shift at the same time without having 4 fingers on the shoulders buttons to do that as I find it to be uncomfortable.
I agree with this, I wanted to play in manual but couldn't because of this button configuration. And I wonder why the buttons are not configurable on consoles, when the pc version allowed configuring the buttons for a gamepad.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Over, but there is an open beta coming (likely) next week.

ah cool! i really hope they can tackle the pop in for the final release, it was really distracting at times and exactly the thing a racing game suffers from when you see cars, buildings and trees popping in. and the lighting is not so great at night, TC1 looks better at night than TC2. Other than that i think the game will improve after release, at the moment it felt like a game which needs another 3-6months love and care, but we don´t know how old the Beta build was so i am looking forward to the release version if some issues are already fixed...