• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
They never specifically just give youtubers access to the new handling model, they rolled it out in updates over a year, though as for the physics changes themselves, Yes they have been implemented fully for the Street Race and Hypercar disciplines since March this year... for better and worse. Some cars in other disciplines have also gotten this new change (example being the recent Alpha GP Mark X car, or the Lancer WRC in Rallycross)

Better:
- The Street Race and Hypercar classes are much better balanced than they were at launch, with a lot more closely viable vehicles to use.
- Pretty much all the vehicles grip better now and feel faster as a result (and from compraisons by top players, are faster than before.

Worse:
- Their steering input has a weird delay and/or 'filter' to it, making proper direct steering input not feel as precise or as accurate as you want it to.
- the vehicles themselves do sort of blend in a bit more than before due the handling changes.

Overall it is technically a net improvement, but with other physics changes done before, they have been better or worse. since release they have altered physics for the following disciplines in order of recency:
Apr 2019 - Rallycross (most agree its ruined now, with only one good-ish car to drive and even that one doesnt feel nice to drive)
Apr 2019 - Jetsprint (not quite as good as before, but still plenty of fun)
Nov 2019 - Airplanes (made apparently worse, and i agree personally, with them feeling less precise)
Mar 2020 - Motocross (divisive, but I personally think they actually did a great job here, lot more flexible to drive and fun feeling)

Honestly, as for the world itself, i definitely prefer the new games' USA map for racing around, i just wish they'd actually the cities more for street circuits instead of just open roads, and i wish more that they would add events to other disciplines other than street. Motocross still has not had any new events since launch, for the record, and while most other disciplines have recieved one or two new events (or in some cases a smidge more), meanwhile Street Race has recieved nearly 40 NEW EVENTS SINCE LAST JANUARY... and it already had the most events of any discipline even since the launch count of 18, which none of the other disciplines have gotten close to yet either.... sorry, it bothers me a lot this haha.

I still enjoy the game a fair bit though, even if some of the changes continue to baffle me.
OK...so physics have changed somewhat. I'll need to have another go and feel what it's like. I'm pretty much exclusively Street Race and Hyper Car classes anyway.

I must say, though, this version of USA artistically, visually and technically just isn't as compelling as the original game.

Crucially there are routes taken out. For instance, the Mountain State's Colorado River had a road circling the whole area but they cut a large section out and replaced it with Rallycross tracks. Also, to the north-west of Salt Lake City, there's a spectacular and challenging valley pass that's completely removed. That's just a couple of items.

The lighting is better on the last game too. Sunset's and twinkling of lights in distant vista's for miles looked amazing and the midnight hours in the original was dark. There's nothing quite like a dawn to dusk race on a custom route of 100 miles or so driving through amazing environments to the chill radio station. It's an amazing current generation experience.

Still, I want to enjoy The Crew 2. So I'll give it another go.

I wonder what they will do for the next-generation. I'd like to see a return to form. I'd still like to see the USA but with so much more detail.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Is this fun to just casually drive around? I can get it for $5 on Stadia to just turn on whenever I just want to chill. And if I get base edition, will it advertise season pass incessantly?

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this fun to just casually drive around? I can get it for $5 on Stadia to just turn on whenever I just want to chill. And if I get base edition, will it advertise season pass incessantly?
There is less incentive to randomly explore than the first game, but in a sense thats a bit better as there isnt anything nagging in the overworld to distract oneself from exploring at your own pace. As for the season pass thing, except for three vehicles which are season pass exclusive (1 street car, 1 powerboat and 1 aerobatics plane), the game shouldnt nag players about the season pass at all, and yeah driving around casually aint too bad in this game, it can be fun to do occasionally sure!

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the DMC Delorean, Pontiac Firebird T/A (the car KITT was based on i believe) and the Ferrari 512 TR are being made available from tomorrow which should be a bit of fun and there are probably a few more ehicles coming judging from a video which somehow managed to acess them (a glitch (that no one how to recreate) thats happaned on the PS4 version before which was how some vehicles were leaked half a year early)
*not all vehicles leaked as the title suggests, the video uploader does admit to this error though

- Chance Vought F4-U Corsair (AB/AR plane) (FINALLY A NEW PLANE ADDITION, first one since 2018)
- Chevrolet Impala Lowrider Editions (2 of them, one of which being a summit exclusive) (SR)
- DMC Delorean Monster Truck (summit exclusive MT vehicle)
- KTM Super Duke (Touring spec - returning from the crew 1 though the video skims past this vehicle so i was only able to work it out for a split second)
- Mazda RX-8 Gold Edition (SR) (not a summit edition, purchaseable normally and has been in the game since December, after people found it as an AI in one event for a week weirdly)
- Mitsubushi 3000GT VR-4 '94 (SR)
- Mitsubushi Evo X (DF) (has been in the game for about half a year now as well)
(everything below the nissan werent shown in the video, but in the catalogue page you see the numbers are higher than currently viewable)
- NIssan ??? (most likely SR) (probably either a 240SX or a Silvia S14, no one is entirely sure)
- Proto HuP One Special Edition (possibly RX class, though this is just speculation)
- Proto ??? (PB) (had been leaked about half a year ago now so im glad it could show up finally, first new boat addition since 2018 as well)
- VW Kombi 'Ghost Hunt' Edition (a cartoonishly shortened and altered VW Bus, which i've seen in a recent leak before)

Last edited:

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MY OPTIMISM: GONE
The Crew 2 is adding a bullshit battle pass system with none of the benefits

When the update goes live, it'll do the following (information here known due to leaks in early October):
- Daily Contracts will most likely be nixed from the game in their entirety
- Some Cars will be locked to the premium tier of the battlepass - something they said they would not do before (locking vehicles being MTX currecy style stuff)
- The battlepass does not pay for itself fully, instead only going halfway

Fuck this.. i am done with this game :/

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Another game with a pass. Real shame. How about letting us actually buy the motor pass and giving us unlimited time to complete it?

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
Hello. Do you think we can expect a "the crew 3" someday or they will "only" continue adding content to the crew 2.
I don't play games on the long run, with updates and whatsoever. But I would be really excited by a sequel as I really loved the game.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018

Year 3 with police chases. Looks awesome imo.
First episode releases November 25

Last edited:

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 6(!) Part 1 has now released and as of today, apparently has 60fps support on current gen consoles (PS5/XS) I guess for those who are interested. with reworked physics for a few vehicles (RX has been completely retooled with the current physics now instead of only partially, about time.. even if the current RX physics are worse than pre-Summit physics) and Touring physics is being tested with a few vehicles now too. the PS5/XS versions apparently have lighting and visual improvements too.

Sadly their "motorpass"es are still going strong, ugh...

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the update feels so hilariously half-assed i couldnt believe it.. the 60fps mode is hidden behind a 'Res/Performance' toggle in the Video section of the options... and im not surprised its hidden away, the 60fps mode manages to just look like the PS4 version with dynamic 1080p res that managed to look worse than PS4, lighting doesnt feel that much improved either, it feels like a hackjob, AND THERE'S STILL NO GAME-LEVEL CONTROLLER REBINDING.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
the update feels so hilariously half-assed i couldnt believe it.. the 60fps mode is hidden behind a 'Res/Performance' toggle in the Video section of the options... and im not surprised its hidden away, the 60fps mode manages to just look like the PS4 version with dynamic 1080p res that managed to look worse than PS4, lighting doesnt feel that much improved either, it feels like a hackjob, AND THERE'S STILL NO GAME-LEVEL CONTROLLER REBINDING.

Yikes

Edit: WTF 31 gig update on Series S?

Also FYI there are no settings as you talk about on the Series S under video, only Brightness still, nothing about Res or Performance.

Last edited:

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Hang on...I thought they said there would be separate updates. It sounded like next-generation modes were coming first and then the visual update was coming later in July.

Welp.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Woah, tried the 60 fps update and feels below 1080P on PS5. Looks awful but its my first time playing the game and seems fun in a chill way. I much preferred the premise of the first game, or that they'd remove the "story" bits, but oh well.

Think I'll stick to it but the choice for playing this is between this super low resolution 60fps on PS5 or the suboptimal PC port, capped to 60 with frame pacing issues on my PC.

This game could be much better with a better handling model (specially for drift), trimming some fat here and there and more care on the technical side (and PC port). It's my first impression, but its defenitely entertaining to kill some time at least!

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word from the devs on whether the 60fps mode is bugged, or if this is how it's actually meant to be? Can't believe they'd knowingly ship something this bad, right...?

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word from the devs on whether the 60fps mode is bugged, or if this is how it's actually meant to be? Can't believe they'd knowingly ship something this bad, right...?
you'd be surprised how radio silent they can be and how they brag about being community first, yet its taken them 4 years to achieve some changes people have been asking about since launch... so I wouldnt put it past them to stay quiet about this for a long time...

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, despite the awful resolution I'm having a lot of fun! Shame this game doesn't seem to be very popular on Era.

I started playing on Saturday and just got the platinum in the live summit, very happy!

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone wanna add me on PS5 and get the two crew trophies? They are they last 2 I need. Win an event and drive 50Km in one shot.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Still seeking help.

Got some help and got the platinum! If anyone else needs the crew trophies I don't mind helping.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Downloading a 33.03 GB update on Xbox Series X. Does this fix anything? I played for a few weeks after the supposed next-gen update and then dropped off again haha.

OneTime

Sep 26, 2018
Anyone think this game will go on sale digitally again? Was down to $5-6 last summer, but hasn't budged from $50 since.