• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have this thing laying around?

gtracer.jpg

Supposedly it worked with any PS3 game as long as steering controls were assigned to the left analog stick.

It can change to a Motorcycle Handles... Flight stick.. or Driving steering wheel.

All you needed was a Playstation Move. You didn't need a camera.

Seems Perfect for this game. I might order it, just to try... if I can find it for $10.

Edit- here's an old article touching on it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps-move-racing-wheel-works-with-any-game-report/1100-6399118/
Chen said that his tests with the PS Move Racing Wheel showed that it would work with any game, provided the Move was attached to the device and set to controller port 1. Chen reportedly tried the device with games including Need For Speed: Shift 2, Gran Turismo 5, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

He said that while the above games did not recognise the wheel peripheral, they were able to read the controller's inputs as those coming from a normal DualShock 3 controller. (Chen said that his console registered the wheel peripheral's face buttons as regular controller buttons, and the tilting of the peripheral as a normal controller's left analog stick tilt.)

According to Chen's reports, a PS Eye camera is not needed to make the wheel peripheral work with other games. His implication was that any racing game that uses the left analog stick to steer will already be compatible with the racing wheel peripheral.

Last edited:

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any tips for the air races. Finding it really hard to control the plane and get it through the gates. Not to mention the different orientations required

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone have any tips for the air races. Finding it really hard to control the plane and get it through the gates. Not to mention the different orientations required
Hold square/X on default controls to turn the plane faster. Also use L1/R1 for smaller turns and adjusting your plane's direction. You can also use these buttons while holding square for better turning.

thebigkahuna

Oct 26, 2017
Would like to start with this. To anyone that happens to be playing on the XBox One, feel free to send me a friend invite for some Friends Leaderboard competition. My Gamertag will be in the spoiler below. I cannot say I will be much of a challenge, but it will help me get better and maybe I actually will be. Hard to say since right now only 1 other person on my Friends List is playing.

I just added you! My gamertag is thebigkahuna1 for anyone else that is looking for leader board friends. I'm not very good and just started playing but I am enjoying the game.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

Finding some of them difficult too. I'm going to try the tips mentioned above, hopefully that will help. I did fine with the first two or three, but hit a difficult one.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

Use yaw (L1/R1) for directional turns unless they are drastic, then use roll (left stick). Over time learn to use combinations of both. Also, don't be afraid to lower your propeller RPMs where necessary.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the 4th Extreme Series Live or whatever is killin me. I'm in 1st the entire race and always get overtaken on the same turn at the end, around 97%. the last frickin turn of the race. Ughhh

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
too many people grinding the damn Monster Truck skate parks I wonder if they nerfed my 2,000 trick grind because I can't seem to reach 2k doing the same tricks of the jumps

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
This game may have its flaws but the jetsprint races are easily some of the most fun I've had with a racing videogame.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I was finally able to beat 1 hypercar race after 8 tries today
memorizing turns is just really hard just one bad turn and you go from first to last with these smh I really wish they would put the race line or gps line on the road missing turns due to a small side map is not really gaming

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check the pro settings, you can alter a lot of things, like rudder and aileron speed etc, can make things a lot easier.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
Guys help me out.

I can play with my friends but it doesn't show any of them on my friends list from the game. Therefore I'm having troubles to get the "I must break you" Trophy (actually it's the last one missing to get the platinum).

Does anyone knows why is this happening? I went on the ubisoft faqs and they provide a solution doing some very lengthy tricks with the DMZ to all cases. And I don't think this is the case. Never had any problems with multiplayer games ever.

Dont know if already answered
I had the same Problem (PS4) A friend, connected with real Name was not in my List.
I deleted him and added him again, without close Friend Status and he appeared in the List.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Decided I'm going to pick this up tonight on Steam. I played some Euro Truck Sim 2 for a bit and forgot how much I enjoy just driving and looking at the sights. So despite all the issues I keep seeing about this game, the idea of driving around the US in areas I'm familiar with sounds like a blast.

It's also giving me a reason to start looking at upgrading my PC. It's not to say my 970 isn't cutting it anymore, but if I want to REALLY look at and love these newer titles, I need to start investigating the 10xx series of cards.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to drive to Pikes Peak and wow, what the fuck happened? What exactly were they going for there? Like, I'm not hung up on things being accurate or realistic, but come on, google maps is a fucking thing and there aren't impossibly sized dishes on Pikes Peak. Why even name it Pikes Peak if you are just going to throw a bunch of garbage on top of it?

So that's a massive disappointment. Not sure how you fuck that up TBH.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to drive to Pikes Peak and wow, what the fuck happened? What exactly were they going for there? Like, I'm not hung up on things being accurate or realistic, but come on, google maps is a fucking thing and there aren't impossibly sized dishes on Pikes Peak. Why even name it Pikes Peak if you are just going to throw a bunch of garbage on top of it?

So that's a massive disappointment. Not sure how you fuck that up TBH.

you claim not to be hung up on realism, then complain about the dishes, lol.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
you claim not to be hung up on realism, then complain about the dishes, lol.

You're right, I being too hard on a game that can't even get keyboard controls right. I shouldn't have expected them to not place giant fucking dishes where non exist in the first place for no explicable reason.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So after playing for just over an hour tonight...The game is fun? I never played the first game, so my opinion is based solely on this so far. The story is dumb and the dialogue is corny, but it's kind of what the world has turned into, isn't it? All about the "likes and follows"?

Whatever. Seems like a fun time. A great change of pace from all the sim racers I'm used to! At this point, I assume I should just sort of pick and run events I see on the map and grind up game to unlock new activities?

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
The devs just had a live stream and mentioned they are working on the AI rubber banding, more events and content, headlights and other things that were mentioned by the community. No timeframe given on when these will be rolled out but good to see they are listening to feedback.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
The devs just had a live stream and mentioned they are working on the AI rubber banding, more events and content, headlights and other things that were mentioned by the community. No timeframe given on when these will be rolled out but good to see they are listening to feedback.

rubberbanding which way are they going with it?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So this is my first real "arcade racer" and I'm having trouble with cornering and maintaining speed and control. Any tips or good videos to watch? My experience with sim racers doesn't seem to apply.

Also, should I just be upgrading one car that I like until "end game"?

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
So this is my first real "arcade racer" and I'm having trouble with cornering and maintaining speed and control. Any tips or good videos to watch? My experience with sim racers doesn't seem to apply.

I never take turns right never really brake fast enough but I think the pro settings could help

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I never take turns right never really brake fast enough but I think the pro settings could help

Yeah, cars just feel a BIT floaty. I should just drive around the city for a while and try and get used to it.

Also planes are annoyingly difficult to fly. I spent a while trying to finish the first two Aerial Races last night. Oof.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, cars just feel a BIT floaty. I should just drive around the city for a while and try and get used to it.

Also planes are annoyingly difficult to fly. I spent a while trying to finish the first two Aerial Races last night. Oof.

I like the planes but nothing they do in races or those freestyle things work for me they are pretty difficult to get
You can put ICON points to make them easier though, I am sure they have Pro Control adjustments too at least the boats had them when I checked and it changed my fun with the boats

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I like the planes but nothing they do in races or those freestyle things work for me they are pretty difficult to get
You can put ICON points to make them easier though, I am sure they have Pro Control adjustments too at least the boats had them when I checked and it changed my fun with the boats

I just unlocked Icon points last night, so I'll probably start doing that. None of the other activities give me the same headache as planes. I really love flying the planes around in free roam, but the actual precision flying of them is tough.

The more I play, the more I hope that the devs add some additional secrets and easter eggs into the world with future updates. I have LOVED driving around the major cities and just observing all the cool little details they've incorporated.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I just unlocked Icon points last night, so I'll probably start doing that. None of the other activities give me the same headache as planes. I really love flying the planes around in free roam, but the actual precision flying of them is tough.

The more I play, the more I hope that the devs add some additional secrets and easter eggs into the world with future updates. I have LOVED driving around the major cities and just observing all the cool little details they've incorporated.
I'm a little disappointed with the secrets and easter eggs because they are reusing a lot of the ones from the first game like bigfoot and other such things I really wanted new stuff and I am doubtful they will add them now if they were lazy enough to reuse the old stuff

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I was finally able to beat 1 hypercar race after 8 tries today
memorizing turns is just really hard just one bad turn and you go from first to last with these smh I really wish they would put the race line or gps line on the road missing turns due to a small side map is not really gaming
I did that first one at least 5 times but kept choosing Retry once I felt I blew it (Somewhere around 90%). One of the times I was finally comfortably in the lead, only to miss that very last left. I know they did it intentionally and it got me. I finally finished it, but have yet to try the others. Had a few other disciplines I needed to do anyway.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of these things should've made it in time for the game's release. :/

Any of you looking to do the MP trophies?
You can easily do this with randoms and even without communicating with them. Just ask all the people from your session to join and then either propose an event yourself or wait for someone to do that for you. It can take less than 10 minutes to unlock both trophies.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I just added you! My gamertag is thebigkahuna1 for anyone else that is looking for leader board friends. I'm not very good and just started playing but I am enjoying the game.
Did not reply as I was on vacation, but got it. Thanks!

Overall I have found not braking and easing up on the gas a good way to take corners with the much faster cars (Alpha, Touring, Hypers). With the less fast cars, I just am using handbrake or regular brake to get a little drift that I still control good enough to just take the corner quickly. I am by no means an expert but I am doing okay. I am over 50% in everything right now and have already done The Ultimate in Offroad.

I do have a question for anyone that may know. When do I unlock the last Extreme Event? I did the last one available for me (5th) and at the end of it they mentioned one last event to come, but still nowhere. Actually just typing this up I think I figured it out. Assuming I need to beat The Ultimate in all 4 disciplines to get the last Extreme Event??

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017

Meant to comment on this earlier today and forgot and for some reason just remembered I did.

That is what I am doing (upgrading a car until the end game) but I can also say this. I have purchased a vehicle, and in some cases a mid to high level one (meaning a bit more expensive than the "middle ground") for every discipline and I currently have about 1.3 Million in cash.

This tells me if I wanted to, I could have probably been able to afford an extra vehicle or two in a few of the disciplines, especially the ones that are a little less money to get a vehicle. It also appears when I have more than one vehicle in a specific discipline, I still wind up getting enough performance perks to keep them relatively even in performance. So I would say although I did not do it myself and chose to basically stick to a vehicle and just upgrade it, you can get more than one vehicle and still have some cash to spare. Or you cannot do it like I did and have an okay amount of cash I can now use to mess around with other vehicles.

And since we are on the topic, while I am really enjoying the game and think it is catching unnecessary flack, it is far from perfect. How they handle the vehicles is one of the less than ideal choices they made. The game pretty much forces to you stick to one and upgrade it, and while I am still having a fun time playing it, I could have had an even better time if they do not choose to take the whole grind it out approach to get additional vehicles. The latest Need For Speed also took this approach, and I also had a good time playing it, but I eventually just stopped cold as it became too much of a chore. I no doubt see that happening with this game, and probably pretty soon I should add. That is a shame. There has to be a better way for these types of games. There just has to be or they lose their appeal pretty damn fast.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I tried to give the first one another chance this weekend, but ended up deleting it again after less than an hour. For some reason, it would not let me start a new game, even though I had no save data showing when I checked. It did eventually save once I hit continue, so I deleted that, but it didn't do anything.

The first thing it made me do was a cop trial as both a criminal and a cop, then it dropped me into an early part of the campaign. I guess where I left off. It was hard to just pick up from there, was overwhelming and after playing The Crew 2 it was hard to play the first game in general. The shine on the roads makes it hard to see, and so does the bloom.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for some additional tips. I've been grinding out races and upgrading the car(s) I like and ignoring the "gotta catch em all" attitude right now.

The more I play, the more I enjoy. This game is a really solid "turn on a movie/TV Show while I grind races" game. I also absolutely love driving in the cities and seeing all the shit I know. That's an incredibly powerful tool that I think they need to keep developing and expanding. I doubt they'll add new cities or more detail to the map, but man...If they did? That would be the bees knees. Seeing something familiar in a game is so fun.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I did that first one at least 5 times but kept choosing Retry once I felt I blew it (Somewhere around 90%). One of the times I was finally comfortably in the lead, only to miss that very last left. I know they did it intentionally and it got me. I finally finished it, but have yet to try the others. Had a few other disciplines I needed to do anyway.

Yeah pretty much I do retry a lot early on but sometimes I spend the 20 to 40 minutes trying to learn the full course it only takes one missed turn or crash to go from 1 to last place the cars seem to stick together close

this.

I am going to be cheating most of these races by going off-road there is one that you can win early with max Muddy stats

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to triple check, do I have all of the ways to get Performance Parts?
  1. Complete an Activity (or Event)
  2. Find a Live Reward Box
  3. Complete Certain Skills (or is it all Skills get you performance parts??)

Is there anything else I am missing?

Sure enough I am at a point where I am forced to grind just like I said I would be, my Alpha GT car is nowhere near the recommended level for the last few events within that discipline. I actually did the first event even though I was not near the recommended, but this second one is now killing me. The other cars are just must faster. I think recommended is 290 and I am at 284 now and that is after finding 2 Live Reward Boxes.

Fortunately this is the first time I am experiencing this, but it is annoying as shit.

Also another question while I am at it. I see they plan on releasing some new Disciplines eventually. They will not be locked behind the Season Pass right? Just you have to wait 7 days? I keep considering the Season Pass as I really do enjoy the game, but it seems pretty damn useless. I do not need an extra home, and while a 20% discount is nice it does not justify the cost of the pass. As far as I can tell everything else that will be included with it will be released just 7 days later. That correct?

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
After some deliberation, I decided to buy the most complete digital version of The Crew 2. For the first time in several years (at least since the launch of Project Cars) I immediately felt buyer´s remorse, I and was about to ask for a refund.

I eventually kept it and played for 25 hours, completing each boss battle and the Xtrem series. The graphics are fantastic in my fat Xbox One, the map is excellent (but for some reason I consider it inferior to the one from the first game), it had fun moments. Ultimately, though, it was an underwhelming, shallow experience. I will wait for the DLC but I don´t plan to play anymore during the next few months.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to triple check, do I have all of the ways to get Performance Parts?
  1. Complete an Activity (or Event)
  2. Find a Live Reward Box
  3. Complete Certain Skills (or is it all Skills get you performance parts??)

Is there anything else I am missing?

Sure enough I am at a point where I am forced to grind just like I said I would be, my Alpha GT car is nowhere near the recommended level for the last few events within that discipline. I actually did the first event even though I was not near the recommended, but this second one is now killing me. The other cars are just must faster. I think recommended is 290 and I am at 284 now and that is after finding 2 Live Reward Boxes.

Fortunately this is the first time I am experiencing this, but it is annoying as shit.

Also another question while I am at it. I see they plan on releasing some new Disciplines eventually. They will not be locked behind the Season Pass right? Just you have to wait 7 days? I keep considering the Season Pass as I really do enjoy the game, but it seems pretty damn useless. I do not need an extra home, and while a 20% discount is nice it does not justify the cost of the pass. As far as I can tell everything else that will be included with it will be released just 7 days later. That correct?

You can make your grind easier using ICON points that make Live Reward Boxes spawn more often or ICON Points on something that makes Racing and Skill drops more rare

I don't think anything is locked out for non-season pass just a 7 day wait and more expensive cars since the pass gets discounts
Since this will become a service type game for Ubisoft things may change down the line next year though

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game, played a few hours, forgot to pick some loot after a race. Is it gone for good or can I pick it up somewhere?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
You can make your grind easier using ICON points that make Live Reward Boxes spawn more often or ICON Points on something that makes Racing and Skill drops more rare

How does one do this? I see the special boxes one gets for each Icon "Milestone" (10, 20, etc. etc.), but I do not see an option that does what you are saying?

Just started the game, played a few hours, forgot to pick some loot after a race. Is it gone for good or can I pick it up somewhere?
If you got some loot for your Street Car, it will be at the Street HQ. There are Mailboxes at each HQ, your missed loot will be in the Mailbox (it should have the Mailbox label over it if you have loot in it).
I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find a mailbox in the house when the game told me the loot would be there only to finally Google it to discover Mailboxes are in the HQ's. They were not clear at all about this.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So far by a good few miles my biggest let down this year... my word I was excited for this game but they stripped everything I loved about the first out of it and I am struggling wanting to play past 3 hours or so. I do not see them adding the reason to explore back into the game so I am out $100 bucks unless the devs add content and add it fast.

Such a bummer.... glad some of you are having fun and makes me want to try again but I just feel let down every time I fire it up.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
How does one do this? I see the special boxes one gets for each Icon "Milestone" (10, 20, etc. etc.), but I do not see an option that does what you are saying?

Go to PILOT > ICON PTS

here are where you can spend your points for car part upgrades

GOLDFINGER - Increase Loot Drop by %

LUCKY increase Loot Quality by %

COLLECTOR increase LIVE REWARD frequency apparition by %

also SENSOR can help you find more by increasing your radar range

IF you put 25 points into all of those you should get enough rare loot to max out a car pretty fast

you would need ICON 600+ or something to have enough points fall into comfort but remember you can reset your points and put them on something else as needed

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If you complete and win an event, do you have to collect your loot? Or can you just hold 'Y' to retry right away (and still get your loot at the HQ)?

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
If you complete and win an event, do you have to collect your loot? Or can you just hold 'Y' to retry right away (and still get your loot at the HQ)?
pretty sure you'll find them at HQ if you did not collect the loot but I don't trust this game enough not to collect my loot but if you are grinding and want to press retry why not

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like the Rubberbanding on the championship races because I was beating Pro Racing guy. Touring Car stayed like a mile ahead in powerboats he caught up then Alpha GP in the snow nope smh

I got to grind to make sure my Alpha GP is maxed