• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
There will be an update dropping for this game on the 25th containing numerous bug fixes and the July cars for season pass holders. Ivory Tower will be holding a stream on the 24th detailing the contents of the patch.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I've been shtum about this game since release. As a veteran The Crew player I'm really disappointed about this sequel. From the structure, the accessibility, the physics, the AI, the changes to 'America' and the engine...most have severe downgrades. Some utterly horrendous design decisions and a complete lack of flow.

I've reacted badly to this, much like I would to an allergy....so much so I'd really like to make a video all about it.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
The first two new cars that will be added to the game are the Ferrari FXX-K and the KTM X-Bow R. Season pass holders will get them this week and the rest a week later.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
If you watch this livestream video by Ivory Tower (before the patch came out on 07/24), the devs talk frankly about eventually fixing most of the issues that people have addressed, and apparently there will be a large patch by the end of September that will address the handling and crashing physics, improving the lighting of car headlights during night and "densification" (adding new events, and they specifically talked about more things to do while free roaming)...of course other things will be fixed as well:

It also sounds like the blue racing line might not return until the end of the year.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What's a fast or good way to earn cash to buy cars in the game? I don't even know how to access the dang multiplayer mode on this thing :V

Feb 4, 2018
I...didn't know flamingos could fly until I played this game today.

There I am, spending a solid ten minutes scouting the ground for a flamingo before I realized that it was right over my head.

A game has never made me feel so stupid.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game is $40 at best buy. Worth it if I'm a big fan of Forza Horizon but didn't care much for the Crew? Or is it just more of the same as the first game?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm enjoying this, but with the caveat that I didn't play the original Crew game. Never played something like this before. Just need to find a crew now, if ERA has anyone wanting to team up.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
So Destruction Derby is the best thing ever. Brilliant addition.

They fixed the lighting..sort of. The issue was way too much light pollution which, to an extent, is still there but the fix seems to lighten the darkness overall even more than it was already. They may as well just forget time-of-day settings and have it be daytime constantly.

At least they finally added a Brightness option in the Video settings so during a sunny day the contrast is better between light and dark when set to minimum (left-most). Such a godsend.

Sad no new Street Race or Hypercar events.

Would really like to see:
- a traffic 'OFF' option for free-roam (to seek out possible new circuits), and
- a race creator (like in the original game)
- would like to use my Street car in Hypercar events

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
no one told me this game finally got a Bugatti damn it I got to go plug in my PS4 now

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
wait what the hell are these car bundles? I thought I paid for a pass are you saying there are exclusive cars I have to pay more for?

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wait what the hell are these car bundles? I thought I paid for a pass are you saying there are exclusive cars I have to pay more for?
The car bundles for the most part arent vehicles exclusive to said bundles, and the season pass still has the benefits it had. The bundles are there to allow for a pack of vehicles to be sold together at a slightly discounted price as far as i am aware, but with one of the new bundles (the Elite Bundle) they are trailing a set of vehicles that can only be bought as a bundle, but they will be purchaseable as seperate choices after the bundle has gone out of rotation. If you have any vehicles that are in existing bundles then the cost is accurately lowered from what i understand.

Also with you mentioning the bugatti chiron earlier, good luck getting it, as its the most expensive vehicle in the game, eclipsing even the Regera.. yikes.

The new update itself though is pretty great overall with a lot of small tweaks that make the game better as well personally, though i wish the multiplayer mode incentivized multi discipline events rather than just street racing and hypercars as the main lobby playlist

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
The car bundles for the most part arent vehicles exclusive to said bundles, and the season pass still has the benefits it had. The bundles are there to allow for a pack of vehicles to be sold together at a slightly discounted price as far as i am aware, but with one of the new bundles (the Elite Bundle) they are trailing a set of vehicles that can only be bought as a bundle, but they will be purchaseable as seperate choices after the bundle has gone out of rotation. If you have any vehicles that are in existing bundles then the cost is accurately lowered from what i understand.

Also with you mentioning the bugatti chiron earlier, good luck getting it, as its the most expensive vehicle in the game, eclipsing even the Regera.. yikes.

The new update itself though is pretty great overall with a lot of small tweaks that make the game better as well personally, though i wish the multiplayer mode incentivized multi discipline events rather than just street racing and hypercars as the main lobby playlist

thanks for explaining the bundles. I logged in to check the Bugatti and I am 800,000 of grinding away from that not sure if I want it that bad, besides I love the Veyron better and they are not offering that car, I would have grinded 243/7 for a Veyron not so much for a Chiron :(

I have a Regera I think I paid Ubisoft real money for that T_T

I can't believe they increased the ICON levels to over 1,000

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for explaining the bundles. I logged in to check the Bugatti and I am 800,000 of grinding away from that not sure if I want it that bad, besides I love the Veyron better and they are not offering that car, I would have grinded 243/7 for a Veyron not so much for a Chiron :(

I have a Regera I think I paid Ubisoft real money for that T_T

I can't believe they increased the ICON levels to over 1,000
Actually the Icon levels have always stretched to 9999, its just there were never any vehicles past the LaFerrari at Icon 600 until this weeks' update, which is a bit frustrating as i just reached icon 400 this week haha.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that is a crazy amount of grinding we need some tricks to hack this mess
You can buy the icon 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 vehicles early before reaching that icon level, and reclaim the money back when you do reach it, but the Laferrari at 600 is where that option stops being a thing, which is daunting, especially for the ones added further in the list with this weeks' update.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy the icon 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 vehicles early before reaching that icon level, and reclaim the money back when you do reach it, but the Laferrari at 600 is where that option stops being a thing, which is daunting, especially for the ones added further in the list with this weeks' update.
okay thanks

I my game just crashed as soon as I finished my grind to get to 2 million B coins time to buy that Bugatti the grind was more fun than paying $30 in real money

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
OMG finally they fix the rubberbanding and easy is for real easy finally beat a Hypercar race even with missing turns by 3 minutes winning is more fun
let me try HC New York I always lose that one and quit early

edit: won New York by 7+ minutes with many crashes and wrong turns, the blue line kept going away so had no idea where to head next

Last edited:

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
my favorite thing to do in this game is the Escape drive away skills. I just wish I could clear the road and get rid of the traffic.

I did pretty well in the Stormdrain Escape in LA #497 12630yd
I want to try to beat that but it took me 2 hours to get lucky enough to jump out of the drain onto the highway running south, so many ways to get out of that one. I know the leaderboards are full of cheaters anyway because I can hardly control a drag car but 99% of the top 10 uses drag cars on all escape skills

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
kinda upset that I've been trying upgrade my first drag car for the past few days, it was taking so long that I got bored and wanted to buy a new drag car come to find out the new dragster had over 100mph max speed than the first car (RUF).

RUF was my first dragster it was always spinning out and hard to control yet I played for hours with it trying to see if maxing it out would help

Then checked the leaderboard to see what was the dragster top scores and I saw a Nissan and many Corvette Stingrays both of them had a higher top speed and both drove differently the Nissan you can hardly turn it will run in a straight line, the Corvette was easier to manage and turn. That Stingray is on every leaderboard but not sure how they hit 400MPH! I can hardly hit 360mph maxed out but I was able to when the drag events that I was failing with the RUF.

Any other early cars that now have faster cousins I might have missed?

Hypercars seem to top out at the same speeds to me. Street cars also seem to have the same top speeds, am I wrong do some cars have higher top speeds outside of the difference I saw in my early dragster and the newer dragsters?

Are the other editions worth it, in reference to the gold and deluxe editions?
I think I get the cars 7days before standard editions and a discount on cars was not really worth it imo

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
not sure why but been playing the Ace level Difficulty level New York to LA race over and over again while listening to podcasts

reached 9 million guess I could buy a few cars with that but still just only ICON 420 after all that racing ICON 9999 seems too far away

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully there's no real point to really go above Icon 1000 besides bragging rights :P

I havent recently managed to acquire every single offroad discipline vehicle as of yesterday, and ive also done all the water based ones, im quite close to getting all the planes too, I still enjoy the game a fair amount, though i only really do online multiplayer every other day, Demo Derby is fun but i want more mixed discipline playlists, some have been great, some not so (who wants a 'mixed' playlist when half of them is just 10 of the same events from the boring street race playlist xD)

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much I will grind the ICON as long as I keep playing this game when I am bored or can't sleep I guess it won't really matter
PVP is not really fun here so far.

few things I want.

I want another long race that is like New York hyper car one maybe from Florida to Seattle with good rewards maybe 100,000 fans on normal difficulty

I want a faster Helicopter this is still the most fun to fly after learning how to control it. I often use the helicopter to stalk other players just follow them in free roam for a while just chasing a fast car and making the same turns they make without crashing is really fun. We need a chase mode like that. Heli vs Car or Boat

a military jet would have been cool. Not sure why they got rid of the military base from the Crew 1 map the one north of Chicago it had plenty of planes that I would want to fly.

I also want a hyper fast bike something faster than any car.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I want to keep playing this game I need something to do though. I was failing every stunt event with the airplanes last year so I am going to try this today to see if they have been fixed.

Not too many post here but I wanted to ask if the leaderboards are separated by platform like is my PS4 board only PS4 players?

I seem to be ranked 974 at ICON 716 might reach top 50 at ICON 1000 or so

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the developers have changed the scheduling of certain additions to the game from what they have mentioned in a livestream last week, they are changing how events are being added into the game, so that instead of just being every 3 months, there are 2 events are now being added to the game every week.

On one hand, this is a very welcome change in order to keep the weight between major updates more bearable (though on that note thats also been delayed to April instead of March)
On the other.. the developers decided that these next two months, they will be adding nothing but events that are for the already most content filled discipline, the Street category - 'because its what fans want' - apparently

This i kiiinda have a problem with as it completely eschews the whole 'vehicle variety' angle the game is going for, mind they already cemented THAT position back in December with the online multiplayer system (I am BAFFLED that the main playlist isnt multi discipline, truly baffled) and they it seems they are going even further down that angle and i worry that its going to sacrifice the variety the game can do quite well.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the developers have changed the scheduling of certain additions to the game from what they have mentioned in a livestream last week, they are changing how events are being added into the game, so that instead of just being every 3 months, there are 2 events are now being added to the game every week.

On one hand, this is a very welcome change in order to keep the weight between major updates more bearable (though on that note thats also been delayed to April instead of March)
On the other.. the developers decided that these next two months, they will be adding nothing but events that are for the already most content filled discipline, the Street category - 'because its what fans want' - apparently

This i kiiinda have a problem with as it completely eschews the whole 'vehicle variety' angle the game is going for, mind they already cemented THAT position back in December with the online multiplayer system (I am BAFFLED that the main playlist isnt multi discipline, truly baffled) and they it seems they are going even further down that angle and i worry that its going to sacrifice the variety the game can do quite well.

I think it boils down to the fact that the street racing is where The Crew 2 is best. The boat races are fun but repetitive, the plane events are limited in variety, the offroad races are just not particularly exciting in vast deserts and such. They wanted to make a game that is a jack of all trades, but most people prefer playing the classic races mainly because, while not on Forza Horizon's level, it's still one of the best arcade racers out there in that. For people that want good speedboat races or games with planes, there's games that do those things better, the upside of this game is obviously that it has all in one package but it does almost none of the aspects that exceptionally well.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its been a while since any sort of talk regarding this game was going on but it seems like they are doing some more stuff very soon this month, with one of the more interesting things returning from the first game (the weekly summit event structure stuff) coming back in full force as well as a bunch of other things, and while there have been some leaks regarding the next update's content, I still think the next update should help the game in the long run.

I have been playing the game a bit lately again myself and while i REALLY wish they would add more non-street racing events every bloody week, i feel like that'll change come late april, but ive still been enjoying the game here and there as is currently too, the variety of vehicles never gets old for me personally.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summit brought me back to the game, it's now what the game should have been day 1, and I reckon if that were the case it would have been received better.

Anyway........what is the 'best' way to earn credits these days?

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summit brought me back to the game, it's now what the game should have been day 1, and I reckon if that were the case it would have been received better.

Anyway........what is the 'best' way to earn credits these days?
I greatly apologise for well, being 2 months late, but i've heard that the best grinding event is the 'Maine Highlands Cave' Jetsprint event, as it gives a good amount of money for being an incredibly short event, and its also one of the easier events to beat on the Ace difficulty as well.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel like the only person here still somewhat regularly playing this haha, but yeah, The game is still trucking along, and it did have a decent update in November with a few new vehicles (no planes or boats though, damnit) and the next one is likely in Spring, so hopefully there we get more than just more cars.

To update on the best way to earn money ingame, Maine Highlands Cave did get slightly nerfed as a grinding event in the November update though, making Uber Dam (Powerboat event) probably the best event to grind now if you have a boosted parts set from some of the summits over a few months ago (which gave a higher Bucks% than normally possible, 4.5% compared to 3% per part) but "MHC" is still an efficient good grinding event. Though Harlem West or Motor Trend Challenge are still good Street Race events if you really are desperate to avoid any water sports.

This month's special edition vehicle at least looks far more interesting than last months though, with it being a more modified Honda S2000, more interesting than a gold lined Bugatti Veyron (even if that is nice to rive...somehow) thats for sure!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes I feel like the only person here still somewhat regularly playing this haha, but yeah, The game is still trucking along, and it did have a decent update in November with a few new vehicles (no planes or boats though, damnit) and the next one is likely in Spring, so hopefully there we get more than just more cars.

To update on the best way to earn money ingame, Maine Highlands Cave did get slightly nerfed as a grinding event in the November update though, making Uber Dam (Powerboat event) probably the best event to grind now if you have a boosted parts set from some of the summits over a few months ago (which gave a higher Bucks% than normally possible, 4.5% compared to 3% per part) but "MHC" is still an efficient good grinding event. Though Harlem West or Motor Trend Challenge are still good Street Race events if you really are desperate to avoid any water sports.

This month's special edition vehicle at least looks far more interesting than last months though, with it being a more modified Honda S2000, more interesting than a gold lined Bugatti Veyron (even if that is nice to rive...somehow) thats for sure!

Thanks for the grind tips, been looking to play this on and off again since I bought the complete edition on EGS for like $13

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the grind tips, been looking to play this on and off again since I bought the complete edition on EGS for like $13
oh nice! thats a pretty darn good offer honestly :P I'd be glad to try and give advice on anything else in the game as i've played this game for a whiiiile, since the Closed Betas, even (on PS4 specifically though)

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
oh nice! thats a pretty darn good offer honestly :P I'd be glad to try and give advice on anything else in the game as i've played this game for a whiiiile, since the Closed Betas, even (on PS4 specifically though)

Yes, I played the first one heavily and once you got the jumping car part grind spots the game just took off from their in a good way. Was so nice to have ways to easily boost your car like crazy. Obviously in this one it's a little different, and I haven't played it as much.

Still think TDU is ivory's best game. So many memories from the 360 days.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this game should be recieving a new update by this time tomorrow, furthermore there should be patchnotes later today (5PM GMT most likely) with the changes/additions coming to the game, I know some stuff already and not all of it I feel will be welcomed (for good reason) but it should be a decent patch overall from what i've been hearing? we'll have to wait and see.

They did have a teaser last week i see wasnt brought up here when they teased 2 vehicles, though i'd imagine a full trailer will show up tomorrow or today:

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its been a while, but it seems the developers at Ivory Tower posted a new trailer and patchnotes for the next major update, which looks like it has a cool vibe going on with it honestly!

There are also patchnotes but they really arent as detailed as I personally think they should be sometimes, especially for the apparent GB size of the update. Patchnotes here

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
My main complaint was the physics and the changes they made to the USA (I really wished they remastered the first one - that would be nice)

I know about a year ago, even longer maybe, Ivory Tower gave YouTuber's codes to try out a new handling model. I never got confirmation this actually happened though.

Snake55wildcat, has there been any substantial handling upgrade since, say, the start of 2019?

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My main complaint was the physics and the changes they made to the USA (I really wished they remastered the first one - that would be nice)

I know about a year ago, even longer maybe, Ivory Tower gave YouTuber's codes to try out a new handling model. I never got confirmation this actually happened though.

Snake55wildcat, has there been any substantial handling upgrade since, say, the start of 2019?
They never specifically just give youtubers access to the new handling model, they rolled it out in updates over a year, though as for the physics changes themselves, Yes they have been implemented fully for the Street Race and Hypercar disciplines since March this year... for better and worse. Some cars in other disciplines have also gotten this new change (example being the recent Alpha GP Mark X car, or the Lancer WRC in Rallycross)

Better:
- The Street Race and Hypercar classes are much better balanced than they were at launch, with a lot more closely viable vehicles to use.
- Pretty much all the vehicles grip better now and feel faster as a result (and from compraisons by top players, are faster than before.

Worse:
- Their steering input has a weird delay and/or 'filter' to it, making proper direct steering input not feel as precise or as accurate as you want it to.
- the vehicles themselves do sort of blend in a bit more than before due the handling changes.

Overall it is technically a net improvement, but with other physics changes done before, they have been better or worse. since release they have altered physics for the following disciplines in order of recency:
Apr 2019 - Rallycross (most agree its ruined now, with only one good-ish car to drive and even that one doesnt feel nice to drive)
Apr 2019 - Jetsprint (not quite as good as before, but still plenty of fun)
Nov 2019 - Airplanes (made apparently worse, and i agree personally, with them feeling less precise)
Mar 2020 - Motocross (divisive, but I personally think they actually did a great job here, lot more flexible to drive and fun feeling)

Honestly, as for the world itself, i definitely prefer the new games' USA map for racing around, i just wish they'd actually the cities more for street circuits instead of just open roads, and i wish more that they would add events to other disciplines other than street. Motocross still has not had any new events since launch, for the record, and while most other disciplines have recieved one or two new events (or in some cases a smidge more), meanwhile Street Race has recieved nearly 40 NEW EVENTS SINCE LAST JANUARY... and it already had the most events of any discipline even since the launch count of 18, which none of the other disciplines have gotten close to yet either.... sorry, it bothers me a lot this haha.

I still enjoy the game a fair bit though, even if some of the changes continue to baffle me.