• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Still torn on whether to get this game, on the one hand it looks like mindless fun but on the other hand there's no PVP/less stuff to do than the Crew 1

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same. There's over a hundred races, 40 photo ops, dozens of challenges, cars to collect, a giant world to explore, friend records and leaderboards and all... I think the game has a good amount of content for a full-priced game, there's been Need For Speed games (for one) with far less content than this at full price in the past, and many of them weren't this good. I'd like more variety in the open world activities, that's for sure.
There's definitely less stuff to do in Crew 2. Like with skills, around 140 vs. 580 from the first game (and they had different medals in Crew 1, here it's passed-not passed). I'm not saying that the game should be flooded with content but there definitely should be more considering how huge the map is. After a few days of playing I've won the main event and passed all the skill tests without any issues. Now I only have photo ops, some remaining events plus (BORING) grinding to advance in Icon levels and to get the trophies

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching a stream of it now and it's giving me FH3 vibes, I love games like that, never got into The Crew though, is this something I should give a try?

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching a stream of it now and it's giving me FH3 vibes, I love games like that, never got into The Crew though, is this something I should give a try?

Too bad you missed the beta.

If you are looking for a podcast game, a game where you just want to upgrade a car, kick back, take a drive from LA to NY and zone out you should jump in.

If you are looking for a more "serious" racer (in that case that includes FH) maybe not (yet).

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nope...has nothing to do with "icons that don´t pop up everywhere"

it is:

17 Street

8 Drift

6 Drag

5 Hypercar

10 Rally Raid

8 Motocross

6 Rally Cross

10 Acrobatics

8 Jetsprint

6 Monster Truck

10 Powerboat

8 Touring Car

8 Air Race

5 Alpha GP

total: 115
car only: 65(!)
motorcross/monstertruck: 14
boats: 18
planes: 18

these events can be completed in around 18h playtime.

Every post you make is just shitting on the game. Find something else to do ffs.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era wants something to be set in Japan - surprise ;)

NY alone has more iconic and worldwide known landmarks than the entirety of Japan.

The USA are the right location. I fully expect the Crew 3 to be in the USA again.

Actually I would much prefer Europe over Japan. Or even Australia. I am just tired of US. I drove throught it in the first Crew. I have zero desire to drive through it again in this game. I am glad Forza Horizon 4 will at least have a new European map, though I do wish Playground made their maps bigger. Not necessarily Crew size, just something where I can drive for 30 minutes without scenery repeating itself.

Or if the guy who make Euro Truck Sims made car sims, that would be my jam too.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad you missed the beta.

If you are looking for a podcast game, a game where you just want to upgrade a car, kick back, take a drive from LA to NY and zone out you should jump in.

If you are looking for a more "serious" racer (in that case that includes FH) maybe not (yet).

Yeah, I am gutted I missed the beta.

That does sound like the kind of game I am after and could have a blast with this, as the sound of just picking a car, upgrading it and taking it for a blast sounds like fun.

Is there things to discover in the world aside from just races? Like taking pictures or some other side activity? How good is the music?

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That does sound like the kind of game I am after and could have a blast with this, as the sound of just picking a car, upgrading it and taking it for a blast sounds like fun.

Is there things to discover in the world aside from just races? Like taking pictures or some other side activity? How good is the music?

You have themed Radiostations without a host.

It's ok.

AFAIK the only side activity is taking pictures. Not sure though.

EDIt, right - there are speed traps

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

There's small challenges scattered all around the open world, similiar to Forza Horizon games.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely less stuff to do in Crew 2. Like with skills, around 140 vs. 580 from the first game (and they had different medals in Crew 1, here it's passed-not passed). I'm not saying that the game should be flooded with content but there definitely should be more considering how huge the map is. After a few days of playing I've won the main event and passed all the skill tests without any issues. Now I only have photo ops, some remaining events plus (BORING) grinding to advance in Icon levels and to get the trophies

I haven't played a whole lot of the first game because I wasn't feeling the handling, so I don't know how long it took to beat all that. It seems that there's a lot less content here, but I think the more variety in them (boats and planes feel like two new games, basically) makes up for them at least in part. I don't feel that 110+ races, a lot of challenges, many disciplines, a huge open world, etc. don't justify the full price, nor I think the game is barren. I can see why people who spent a lot of time on the first game are disappointed - personally I didn't so I'm enjoying the locations and all, without thinking there could be more or the locations are the same as before. I don't think I'll put in Forza Horizon 3's 200 or so hours that I played that, but I can definitely see myself enjoy it until FH4 comes out.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Every post you make is just shitting on the game. Find something else to do ffs.

yeah, great argument! you don´t contribute anything at all and when someone bring you the hard facts how many events are there in the game, then you come out of the bush and say "find something else to do". i will because, i am done with the game on release day. and the feeling is mutual: you are also the first person on my ignore list.

I'm not sure who you're responding to, but the sooner you learn to embrace the ignore button, the better. Some people just choose hilariously silly ways to spend time and energy

back in the beta thread you couldn´t even tell why you think the game is "fun". at least i could tell why the game is a disappointment. you are acting like someone on the sidelines, jumping on the bandwagons. it shouldn´t interest you in the slightest where someone decides to spend time and energy. also ignored because sorry sir, you also didn´t contribute anything to a discussion

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apart from the fact that my MX rider is in jeans and t-shirt, my biggest complaint so far is that its just way too easy.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played a whole lot of the first game because I wasn't feeling the handling, so I don't know how long it took to beat all that. It seems that there's a lot less content here, but I think the more variety in them (boats and planes feel like two new games, basically) makes up for them at least in part. I don't feel that 110+ races, a lot of challenges, many disciplines, a huge open world, etc. don't justify the full price, nor I think the game is barren. I can see why people who spent a lot of time on the first game are disappointed - personally I didn't so I'm enjoying the locations and all, without thinking there could be more or the locations are the same as before. I don't think I'll put in Forza Horizon 3's 200 or so hours that I played that, but I can definitely see myself enjoy it until FH4 comes out.
We also shouldn't forget that it's the same map again, sure, it was tweaked in some places to look better, but it's not like with other open world racers that always have a brand new map. Same with the cars, most of them are copy-pastes from the first title (we actually have a similarity here to Forza titles ;)). It may seem on paper that Crew 2 has a lot of new things to offer, but it doesn't look that way for everyone who play it, especially if they played Crew 1 extensively in the past. I probably wouldn't recommend this game to veterans of Crew 1, at least not until it's super cheap.

Oh, and by the way, the planes are very overrated feature in this game. You don't race against other planes. In any event. You only do tricks and time trials. At least the boats are cool although the collision system is crappy (this actually applies to all motorsport disciplines).

Last edited:

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The readability is a huge problem right now.

When I lose a race 99% of the time it´s because I took a wrong turn because the yellow arrows are too small.

That leads to me constantly having an eye on the minimap - which leads to more crashing.

This game needs a racing line bad.

Don´t care if it´s Forza or Crew 1 style, but it needs to be there.

Era wants something to be set in Japan - surprise ;)

NY alone has more iconic and worldwide known landmarks than the entirety of Japan.

The USA are the right location. I fully expect the Crew 3 to be in the USA again.
I can say that one of the devs I spot to seemed VERY aware of overall all the readability. I am not sure how that might get fixed as it goes into destruction as well. But just an FYI

It is bizzare. I liked Crew 1 a lot (only played after WR update). But it had those problems - shitty colision model, poor driving physics even for an arcade, nonworking mirrors..

Most people, from what I saw online on reddit and what not, wanted these things fixed + new cool map (like Japan or Europe) for the second game.
It does seem like internally they felt they had never done Crew 1 RIGHT. And so they wanted to retry almost. I mean this is for all intents and purposes a reboot due to the location and various other elements. And they seemed to have slightly missed the retry too.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
this thing is not easy to control can't really do flying events with it

Dg356LbU0AAq4ZA.jpg

anyone know how to do a CLOSE BRAKE in a monster truck?

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to buy a motorcycle in this game? I finally figured out how to buy cars.

This game needs a tutorial. I could not figure out how to view the world map, return to my home, edit character, etc.

I just want to drive around the world on a motorcycle for a bit before I return this (Redbox rental).

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Anyone know how to buy a motorcycle in this game? I finally figured out how to buy cars.

This game needs a tutorial. I could not figure out how to view the world map, return to my home, edit character, etc.

I just want to drive around the world on a motorcycle for a bit before I return this (Redbox rental).

In the menu go to catalog and look for bike brands... Harley Davidson, Suzuki etc.

Buy bike and your done.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about grabbing this...I love mindless racing. If the game is going to get supported with new stuff over time, I can get behind it.

At this point, should I grab the standard or deluxe edition?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Any idea as to how long this thing is? I know it can differ based on how much you cruise around and sightsee, but on average...has anyone said how long it took them? Trying to budget my time because I don't have long with it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea as to how long this thing is? I know it can differ based on how much you cruise around and sightsee, but on average...has anyone said how long it took them? Trying to budget my time because I don't have long with it.
Seems like a focused play through is around 15-20 hours. Length will go higher if you want to do all the side stuff

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
After a few more hours I continue to be so let down after loving the first one. Bought the damn gold version and everything.

There is ZERO reason to explore this map... the magic of needing to drive to a new city and see real world monuments and skills along the way was the lifeblood and purpose of this map.

Fast travel race.... fast travel race..PHOTO ...fast travel race...restart due to rubberband bull shit... copy paste that over and over.

Ivory tower missed the mark and I'm so let down.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting the bug where it refuses to save your favorite ground vehicle? No matter what I set to my favorite, every time I do the quick-switch it puts me in an Audi. Super annoying.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
So reading through this thread...

How bad is the rubber banding? Is it unfairly noticeable?

Not sure if it is all that bad, early on maybe but I've been left behind and I have won races far ahead, they have perks that keep you ahead and perks that help you catch up so not sure if that helps

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Its weird, many races i can win by 30s, some i can win by a minute, others the AI stay fairly close, and then whip by in the last 100 metres.
Its almost like some races having banding, and others don't, but the AI is really unbalanced, the game as a whole is very, very easy, which is probably why people are blowing through the content in 15hrs.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1530340835-111.jpg

Man that was an insanely easy platinum compared to Crew 1 :) Tbh only the parts trophies required much more grinding than I hoped.

Sadly it's one of the games with the most noticeable rubberbanding. I only remember NfS 2015 being this bad with hiding it (and it wasn't all the time like it's here).

Anyone else getting the bug where it refuses to save your favorite ground vehicle? No matter what I set to my favorite, every time I do the quick-switch it puts me in an Audi. Super annoying.

Yep, I had a similar bug. The game also doesn't remember preferred camera setting after closing it.

Last edited:

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
1530340835-111.jpg

Man that was an insanely easy platinum compared to Crew 1 :) Tbh only the parts trophies required much more grinding than I hoped.

Sadly it's one of the games with the most noticeable rubberbanding. I only remember NfS 2015 being this bad with hiding it (and it wasn't all the time like it's here).

Yep, I had a similar bug. The game also doesn't remember preferred camera setting after closing it.

I could never get in a crew long enough to do that in the first game and I doubt I'll be able to do it with this game

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1530340835-111.jpg

I wonder why they made the game so short this time around? seems an odd decision for something like this thats a GaaS, there is very little to hold the players attention, not much in the way of player retention, considering their long term support of the first one, i can see a lot of people moving on even before the first patch.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could never get in a crew long enough to do that in the first game and I doubt I'll be able to do it with this game
If you mean playing with other people then only 2 trophies require it now and they can be very easily unlocked in a few minutes. :)

I wonder why they made the game so short this time around? seems an odd decision for something like this thats a GaaS, there is very little to hold the players attention, not much in the way of player retention, considering their long term support of the first one, i can see a lot of people moving on even before the first patch.

For me it's a pretty soulless game. It's like they had some checklist of things to do and by the time they were done with it no one made sure if people will actually find it enjoyable and if they're going to be playing for a longer period of time. And yeah the endgame sucks, once you finish main event you can do the remaining events and photo ops and then there's pretty much only grinding for Icon levels left. I don't see many people taking interest in that just to be able to unlock six extra cars (five of which can be bought for bucks).

The plans for season pass are also a huge disappointement. Instead of focusing on promising new events and other playable content they want to add 20 extra cars and they won't even be exclusive to season pass owners.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's there is fun, there just isn't enough of it, or enough depth in it, and no end game is crazy in a GaaS, but maybe that's not what they were going for?

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this but the open world lets this game down. This is coming from someone who thought the first game had one of the best maps in gaming.

Which is a shame because I'm LOVING jumping from event to event in the menu. The core gameplay has improved so much especially the handling and the empathis on motorsports is so much better. If they focused more on this stuff with more events, liveliless and better AI this would have been a killer racing game.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like this version as much as the first but I am having much more fun racing in it than I do GT Sport (I don't really like GT Sport my first GT experience and wooo not for me)

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this but the open world lets this game down. This is coming from someone who thought the first game had one of the best maps in gaming.

Which is a shame because I'm LOVING jumping from event to event in the menu. The core gameplay has improved so much especially the handling and the empathis on motorsports is so much better. If they focused more on this stuff with more events, liveliless and better AI this would have been a killer racing game.
I would probably agree, the open world is, at the moment, ultimately wasted in this game, there is very little reason, almost none if you take the random live crates out of the occasion (which also only award loot for the vehicle class you find them in, rather than random loot, which i think is odd) to drive from event to event.

I also miss many of the skill events that are missing from the first one.

I'll be happy with 25hrs out of it, I'll have got my monies worth, but past that, i can't see me coming back to it until they add some kind of endgame, which is a shame considering i probably put a couple of hundred hours into that.

I just can't get the direction they were going, it's almost as if they took everything that was good in the first game and chucked it in the bin, that said, the physics are fun, and i enjoy both the planes and the boats, but i just cant get my head around the weird choices they made.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Going back to The Crew 1 to get the different early-bird unlocks for The Crew 2 really hits home as to how much of the fun parts were lost in the process.
Beyond the vehicle switch and slightly better handling (never got that problem in the first one, was mainly just a default configuration issue), TC2 is inferior to TC1...

So many smaller events and just overall grander missions (race from coast to coast, do this insane faction mission for 2hours of non stop driving, etc..) are simply gone... and the question is really: .... why? ...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Going back to The Crew 1 to get the different early-bird unlocks for The Crew 2 really hits home as to how much of the fun parts were lost in the process.
Beyond the vehicle switch and slightly better handling (never got that problem in the first one, was mainly just a default configuration issue), TC2 is inferior to TC1...

So many smaller events and just overall grander missions (race from coast to coast, do this insane faction mission for 2hours of non stop driving, etc..) are simply gone... and the question is really: .... why? ...

100% agree