• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The first one was goofy and fun, but this genuinely looks even worse than the original. The visuals are immediately noticeable as maybe even worse than the first game, but what especially stands out as disappointing is how much personality the first game had with its crude hand-made weapons and lord of the flies jungle atmosphere and much Culling 2 just seems to be aping all the other Battle Royales.

I was actually looking forward to see how they'd make The Culling 2 unique in the crowded scene these days and I'm just not seeing it.

Oct 25, 2017
With the history of the developer and their last game (OG The Culling) I'd highly recommended not getting this at release at least, and to wait and see.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The first one was good but nah, the devs do not deserve another purchase from me.

Oct 27, 2017
youre_serious_futurama.gif

First game was just a paid concept test. I can guarantee that the development on the 2nd started way before the 1st was out of the EA.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, that trailer and screenshots do not look good at all.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
gotta imagine people who actually liked the first one (before they ruined it with patches) won't even bother with this.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Of all the games jumping on the Battle Royale train, I expect this to be the worst.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this trailer. Maybe the kids are into this kind of thing, what do I know.

Judging by what's presented on the store page, this game doesn't seem like it has much, if anything, to offer over other BR games.
You think you know Battle Royale? This is Battle Royale distilled into its purest form.
What? That initial statement is supposed to be the cue for detailing what makes your thing different.

The one thing I can tell differentiates is that it's 50 players compared to the usual 100.
And maybe its "irreverent" style? I don't know if that's just the trailer.

The game's out within minutes.
It's out.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed watching streams of the first one before they ruined it with patches. It was definitely different enough from the other battle royale games at the time so I don't know why they tried to make it into a clone of those. What a shame :/

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer is awful and shows nothing unique. They also dropped the first game. Why would anyone trust them enough to buy into this?

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While filled with issues, the first game at least had its own identity. This is just chasing after other BR games. I'd say they're selling their soul, but this isn't going to sell at all.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this has stats while H1Z1 (PS4) doesn't is outrageous to me. H1 need to step up their game in a big way.

1st game, 20 people in the lobby. This should be fun!

EDIT: Graphics are absolutely appalling. Trophy list is good.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this seemns like the stupidest move.

Release it out of nowhere with absolutely zero hype
Charge 25$ for it
Looks a lot worse than the first one graphically
Doesn't seem to have a single thing making it stand out from other games in the genre
Their pathetic support of the first game doesn't help at all either. The fact that they are releasing it labeled as "full game"(LOL) instead of Early Access also tells me they are trying to wash their hands off properly supporting this too.
This thing's dead.

OP
OP
abracadaver

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Less than 24 hours after launch:

culling2u4rzu.png

cullinggeq0x.png

30 players are needed to start a match as far as I know

How is it doing on consoles?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Steam reviews say this is not The Culling, but it sure looks like one!
Yeah the reception to this has been awful.

Here's the gameplay behind that tweet. Game starts at 10:30. Round starts at 28:40.
I'm kind of curious what this game is actually like.

It's worse PUBG with no players.

Last edited:

random51

Banned
May 6, 2018
I don't understand why you'd do this. The first game at least had a hook of its own that at least some players fondly remember. Guess it is just a blatant cash grab doomed to failure. Bonus points for also removing any positive feelings anybody had for the Culling brand.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Going F2P in 3...2...1...
I don't know what the hell was on their minds to charge 25$ for this. After the pathetic support they gave to the first one, they'd be lucky to have people investing their time in a F2P game, much less paid.
How do this... And just for confirmation this ISN'T early access!?!?!?
yep. In which case it just means that they will abandon support again and claim that "it's finished "

Oct 27, 2017
e8a.gif

So good to see the playerbase ignore it, I am proud that the gaming community is not showing any mercy to these scammers.

You release a buggy mess of a game, make millions, abandon the product. AND then attempt to do the same thing again...

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am confused. Didnt The Culling 1 just came out? And was BR also.
It was initially out in 2016 in Early Access and "full release" in 2017. It was a BR game before the genre truly exploded. It was smaller and tighter game, with a focus in melee and limited range combat, with less players in a match, in a setup that very closely resembled the Hunger Games.
It was one of the most played games on Steam for a while, but the Devs started messing the game more and more with patches, completely ruining the balance and need fixing many of the issues people had with it. It continuously died and died and died even more, and then the devs released it out of early access pretty much as "lol we give up".
Now they release the second game out of nowhere, completely change what people liked about it and turn it into a PUBG clone, and think they can charge 25$ for it after the pathetic support they gAve the first one, and when you can just buy PUBG, a much better game, for a lower price.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It was initially out in 2016 in Early Access and "full release" in 2017. It was a BR game before the genre truly exploded. It was smaller and tighter game, with a focus in melee and limited range combat, with less players in a match, in a setup that very closely resembled the Hunger Games.
It was one of the most played games on Steam for a while, but the Devs started messing the game more and more with patches, completely ruining the balance and need fixing many of the issues people had with it. It continuously died and died and died even more, and then the devs released it out of early access pretty much as "lol we give up".
Now they release the second game out of nowhere, completely change what people liked about it and turn it into a PUBG clone, and think they can charge 25$ for it after the pathetic support they gAve the first one, and when you can just buy PUBG, a much better game, for a lower price.
That explains it.