May 5, 2018
One thing I've noticed on ResetEra is that whenever fast food burgers or fast foot in general is being discussed, people tend to point to Culver's as their answer to both topics. Yet I don't think Culver's has ever gotten a thread entirely devoted to the chain. So I decided to make this thread for fans of Culver's to talk about this glorious burger chain!

For those who haven't been to a Culver's, its a fast food chain that started in 1984 by couple Craig and Lea Culver and Craig's parents George and Ruth Culver in Sauk City, Wisconisn. Originally George and Ruth got their fast food experience by buying an A&W restaurant in Sauk City in 1961, but decades later decided to form their own brand in Fast Food afterwards. The restaurant specializes in Cheeseburgers that have lightly buttered buns on the inside and Fresh frozen custard. Ever since opening in Wisconsin, Culver's has expanded across the United States ranging from the Midwest (IL, MN, ND, etc), the Southeast (NC, FL, GA, etc) to out in non coastal West states (ID, AZ, UT).

Also a couple of things that Culver's Does so well:

1. Butterburgers: One of the signature items of Culver's and honestly, it actually might be the best fast food burger I've had. The meat itself is seared until its brown and is cooked to order. The meat tastes really fresh and juicy yet it never feels too much ordering a single or a double as I always thought the burgers had the right amount of heft to them. Maybe if you order a triple, then you might be reaching Five Guys territory where while Five Guys burgers taste fine, can get super filling. Plus again the burgers' bun are buttered and are fried on the skillet to give the buns some nice crispiness as well as giving the burger a little more of a creamy texture. There are 3 different cheeses you can have on the burgers (American, Swiss and Cheddar) and all taste like delicious, authentic Wisconsin cheese. All the vegetable ingredients normally taste fresh too and never feel like they have been sitting for days.
My favorite burgers are the ButterBurger Deluxe and Mushroom and Swiss Burger, though they also do Patty Melts with Sourdough bread.
best-burger-at-culvers.jpg

o.jpg

2. The Assortment of Custard Desserts: The other big attraction of Culver's for years. Think of it as like Dairy Queen where it has a plethora of dairy desserts, except instead of frozen yogurt its custard which health wise isn't better, but Culver's custard is pretty top notch. Their desserts range from pure scoops of custard, shakes, malts, root beer floats, and concrete mixers (Again, the custard analog to DQ's Blizzards if you will). My favorite desserts are the Floats because Vanilla Custard in their own branded Root Beer is nirvana and the Really Reese's Mixer as it has mega pieces of Reese's Cups in Chocolate Custard and it rules.
348s.jpg

OK, this picture isn't doing the Really Reese's justice, but I swear I got one with half a PB cup in it.

3. Their other items are surprisingly delicious too: If you think Culver's is a two trick pony think again, because it has a lot of depth for quality non burger items too. Their chicken isn't quite Chick Fil A level, but they have chicken items that stand on their own. Well, okay their chicken sandwiches are some of the few items that don't blow my mind as the whole package is marginal at best. Their tenders are where its at as you get 4 rather meaty strips of fried chicken done either regular where its fried and breaded or Buffalo which isn't actually accurate to Buffalo style cooking, but the spice has a good kick and its rather crispy. Culver's is also the only fast food chain that serves rather enjoyable fish sandwiches and that's because they're fried to perfection and are, well, actual fish. The Cod Sandwich is their year round offering as it has its own tartar sauce, sprinkled cheese and lettuce with the buttered buns. It's great, but its not quite up there with the secret king of FF fish sandwiches, the Northwoods Walleye Sandwich. You can get it around the Christian Season of Lent and its cooked like the Cod Sandwich minus the cheese, but the actual fish tastes surprisingly fresh. You even bite into bones which yes can be a choking hazard so be careful, but that shows that is authentic fish that was captured. They even serve sandwiches of Reuben, Pot Roast and Pork Tenderloin variety too.
o.jpg

Buffalo Tenders
walley-sandwich.jpg

The GOAT Walleye

4. The Sides are some the best: This segment could just be on the cheese curds alone because honestly, they might be the best fast food side out there if you want heavenly deep fried Wisconsin cheese!
Culvers-CheeseCurds.jpg

I mean, what else can be said after seeing this? Well, they also make some mean crinkle cut fires (if you like that style), onion rings, side salads and green bean sides too.

So if you want to talk about Culver's or your love for the food, go ahead and post here. Sorry if this forum got too long, I just wanted to break down my love for Culver's and finally give the most underrated fast food chain in America its own appreciation thread.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite fast food burger hands down. Interestingly I've only gotten custard there maybe once or twice. I need to try that Reese's thing.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
I had some kind of burger at Culver's that had pickled onions and beer cheese on it.

Shit was gangster, even if the beer cheese wasn't as good as it could have been (although it was good enough for not being good ol' fashioned Kentucky beer cheese).

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
I live in Wisconsin. Of course I love Culver's. I actually had it this weekend. I like to get a Culver's Deluxe basket with curds and root beer.

Delicious.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Their ice cream is good. Not a fan of their burgers or fries. Haven't had anything else.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to eat there when I was a child. The food is 'good', but looking at it makes me feel sick because of the amount of meat. I can't believe I was eating so much of that stuff. Likely why I had a huge growth spurt.

Their custards are really good, though.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
The curds are too bready for me but they're solid when I'm not near another curd place for a few miles. I think I eat cheese curds about 2x a week.

I've said it before but every time I attempt a burger it's always dripping and sloppy, and while I don't mind the taste it makes it very difficult to eat :(

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Butterburgers aren't the best burgers I've had (That would go to Fatburger in Los Angeles), but they're definitely a runner up.

Wish we had one in our local town. They're everywhere else in Michigan EXCEPT where I live.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The chicken tenders are sooooo good. Wish mine was closer, because I'll usually just go to the much closer Sonic or Chik fil A for the still pretty good tenders.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Their chicken tenders are amazing. I live about two minutes from one. Concrete mixers are a joy once you find the right combo. About as good as a blizzard from dq.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Love their burger, chicken tenders, and onion rings. Their root beer is solid too. I like how when you order a burger they just ask you what you want on it instead of just putting whatever on it.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the breading on their cheese curds, but hey, drive thru cheese curds. Can't beat that shit.

Butterburgers and the frozen custard is absolutely amazing though, and easily among my favorite burger and sweet treat from any fast food place. Their accuracy with getting orders correct is fantastic, something I struggle with when dealing with every single other fast food place around me.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Food is good but it's fairly pricey and the fries are some of the weakest in the game.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Culver's makes me want to die. It's really good, but I feel like absolute shit after eating there.

I've dropped 30 lbs this year, and I think most of that 30 lbs came from the amount of cheese curds I was eating there for a period.

God, I'm hungry now.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Culver's is the only fast food location around me now since the Subways closed and my family keeps giving me Culver's gift cards because apparently that's the only thing you can give a Wisconsite with no particular needs. Craig Culver seems to be a relatively decent dude, even though he's a pretty staunch Walker supporter. I had a coworker send him a letter trashing him for supporting Walker during the Act 10 nonsense and Culver called him to respond to his concerns and was apparently fairly understanding.

Paging Nabbit

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't actually had any Culver's food in years, but every time I'm near one, I get a vanilla miklshake. They have the best ice cream.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Culvers burgers crushes 5 guys and pretty much every chain burger place around. Good eats when I allow myself to go there. I approve of this thread.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Got terrible food poisoning at one a couple years ago. Will never go back. So greasy.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work at Culver's years ago and the best perk was turning very expensive food into less expensive food. I still go there even after leaving. The burgers are out of this world. ALSO, ask for your fries "extra crsipy" this not only makes them fresh, but also crispier! Learned this while working there. Otherwise you just end up with fries from the batch, and sometimes those can get sketchy.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a huge fan to be honest. Burgers are very mediocre. They only recently got a spicy chicken sandwich, and it's not even that good. Their chili is poor. Never tried the seafood but I can't imagine it's much better. Custards are good though and it's nice the kids get one free with a kids meal. But generally it's not my first choice when going for a quick dinner with the family

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee is the frozen custard capital and Culver's has the worst custard and worst food of all the local places.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eating at Culver's finally settled an age-old question I had: what would happen if you used WD-40 as an enema? Now I know, now I know.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's one of these in Utah i think. I seem to remember the name and logo. Gotta check this out.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How many free burgers Culver giving you for this thread fam.
I want in.

Cluvers is great and very underappreciated.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes. $5 snack packs are insane value. Single deluxe butter burger or add like 50 cents for bacon, they always fill the small fry sleeve way over the brim, and I sub out the drink for a small malt.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Culvers is my go-to place for ice cream. I was blown away the first time I had a reeses concrete mixer because of how much reeses they put into it. Way better in taste and price than DQ blizzards