• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Pilot pickup season has come early on The CW. The network just announced that it has ordered two pilot scripts directly to series, including Arrowverse spin-off Superman & Lois and the Walker, Texas Ranger reboot starring Jared Padalecki.

Both Superman & Lois (from Warner Bros. TV) and Walker (from CBS TV Studios) have not filmed their pilot episodes yet. The first episodes for both new series will be filmed this spring and additional pilot orders for the next TV season will be announced in the next few weeks.

Superman & Lois stars Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf) and Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as they reprise their Arrowverse roles of Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane, based on the DC Comics characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The series follows the married couple as they "deal with all the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society."

Meanwhile, Walker ensures Padalecki stays on The CW after his long-running staple Supernatural ends this spring after 15 years. The reimagining of Walker, Texas Ranger, which originally aired from 1993 to 2001, stars Padalecki in the role originated by Chuck Norris: Cordell Walker, a member of the elite Texas Ranger Division.

Described as "a widower and father of two with his own moral code," Cordell "returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years, only to discover there's harder work to be done at home. He'll attempt to reconnect with his children, navigate clashes with his family, and find unexpected common ground with his new partner (one of the first women in Texas Rangers' history), while growing increasingly suspicious about the circumstances surrounding his wife's death." Written and executive produced by Anna Fricke (Being Human, Valor), Walker is also executive produced by Padalecki along with Dan Lin and Lindsay Liberatore.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Tyler hoechlin is such a meh superman, should've gave a series to tom welling or brandon routh.

Nov 26, 2017
I'm actually excited for Superman & Lois. I'm down to only Legends of Tomorrow that I still watch, so hopefully it better than Batwoman.

Oct 27, 2017
That little Superman fella should be replaced. He got whipped by his little cousin and plays second fiddle to her in that universe. Burn the whole thing.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they're this confident with Superman and Lois, I hope it means they've got Jon Cryer lined up as a regular.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People sure turned hard on Tyler since the crossover lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler hoechlin is such a meh superman, should've gave a series to tom welling or brandon routh.

Tom would never, ever, EVER do it. Why are people still acting like it would ever be possible? And they just let Brandon go from Legends, they're not gonna give him his own show.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Tom would never, ever, EVER do it. Why are people still acting like it would ever be possible? And they just let Brandon go from Legends, they're not gonna give him his own show.
I want to know what is going on with Routh/Wife and CW. They seemed like they want to stay, but CW is like nah. Do they want money, have they aged out CW or what?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This is all I see or hear when I read "walker, texas ranger".

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I want to know what is going on with Routh/Wife and CW. They seemed like they want to stay, but CW is like nah. Do they want money, have they aged out CW or what?
Show is getting on in age and the budget isn't getting any bigger. Routh cost too much and his wife was probably a package deal.

They will pretend that they "don't have any more stories to tell" though, while never doing a thing of value with Atom. Ever. I'll laugh my fucking was off if they bring back Kevin from Supernatural as Ryan Choi for any Atom hijinks at all.

Last edited:

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Show is getting on in age and the budget isn't getting any bigger. Routh cost too much and his wife was probably a package deal.

They will pretend that they "don't have any more stories to tell" though, while never doing a thing of value with Atom. Ever. I'll laugh my fucking was off of they bring back Kevin from Supernatural for any Atom hijinks at all.
Honestly they should dump Mick, I like him but all he does now is pop in does a Mickism, then leaves

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I read the main reason they made straight to series orders is because they're afraid of a potential writer's strike and so by greenlighting it already they can get to writing scripts as soon as possible.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

They will pretend that they "don't have any more stories to tell" though, while never doing a thing of value with Atom. Ever. I'll laugh my fucking was off if they bring back Kevin from Supernatural as Ryan Choi for any Atom hijinks at all.

Yeah. The budget keeps shrinking as the seasons go on. Routh is the most expensive main cast member, especially with Broadway Actor Victor Garber and (to a lesser extent) Arthur Darvill gone.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Walker Texas Ranger reboot?? 🤔
That's quite the left field choice there CW.

Although speaking of reboots, still waiting for the Lost Boys show to get another shot.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Norris will shit on the reboot like Holly Marie Combs shitted on the Charm reboot

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

The one scene Tom said yes to was one where he lost his powers forever. He never really wanted to be a superhero. Frankly, hearing that and never having seen Smallville, he doesn't really feel like one to me.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
The one scene Tom said yes to was one where he lost his powers forever. He never really wanted to be a superhero. Frankly, hearing that and never having seen Smallville, he doesn't really feel like one to me.
I used to love smallville as a teenager and bought it on DVD, so I could listen to the commentary tracks
hearing other actors talk about welling rant about clark after scenes was pretty funny