• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

"On Tuesday, the network announced that all of its current series have been granted early renewals, including remaining Arrowverse series The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, and new addition Batwoman, plus Riverdale, The Vampire Diaries spinoff Legacies, Dynasty, All American, Charmed, Roswell, New Mexico, In the Dark, and new series Nancy Drew. Plus, a month ahead of its midseason premiere, Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene has received an order for 13 additional scripts."

"These early orders for next season give our production teams a head start in plotting out story arcs and a jump on hiring staff, and this also provides us with a strong foundation of established, fan-favorite CW shows to build on for next season," CW boss Mark Pedowitz said in a statement. "We've been thrilled with the creative direction of all three new series, and even though we are in the very early stages of our new full stack streaming strategy, which allows viewers to catch up on our new shows from the beginning, we're already seeing incredibly positive results from our multiplatform viewership for Nancy Drew and Batwoman."

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I recall last CW thread, there was concern about Black Lightning, so good to see that renewed.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Legends yes!

Brandon Routh nooo.

Wonder if the Arrow spinoff will get greenlit with that big of a slate and virtually no cancellations.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta lot of work to do on Batwoman if it's going to be a centerpiece of crossovers the way Arrow was in the future.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, missed the first thread for this.

Black Lightning and Legends fans rejoice!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
CW probably worried about replacing Supernatural and not shaking up what works for them.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even watch any of these but god bless the CW for truly not giving a fuck about ratings at all

Thinking about how The Vampire Diaries ran for eight seasons, got one spin-off that ran for five seasons, and another that's locked in for a third season, and yet still has no cultural impact.

I'm genuinely impressed by how dedicated the network is to making shared universe content.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so behind on Riverdale. My girlfriend and a mutual friend of ours had a fucking blast watching through the first season and a half but then we stopped seeing our friend as much [she got a boyfriend and an awesome new job which is great for her but sad for our group] and haven't watched it in forever. Now there's gonna be a spinoff? Is this technically the second spinoff, with Sabrina being the first? Or did that not end up being an actual Archiverse show?

AveN7ers

May 11, 2018
Yawn. 5 22 episode seasons is just too much because it results in a lot of repetition.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even watch any of these but god bless the CW for truly not giving a fuck about ratings at all

They're satisfied as long as their shows are popular overseas, and they often are. Shows like Riverdale and Dynasty are """"Netflix Original Series"""" internationally, so that sweet money is coming in regardless of the pathetic ratings in the U.S. And for example, Supergirl switching from CBS to the CW was a big blow to its ratings in the U.S., but it changes nothing in other markets.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget, The CW is basically a promo vehicle for Warner and CBS selling their shows to other buyers. They need attractive packages to sell, so shows remain long enough to get a nice ribbon around them, while keeping a bit the balance between Warner and CBS, the latter which forces them to renew some low rated stuff to at least keep some CBS stuff on air.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so behind on Riverdale. My girlfriend and a mutual friend of ours had a fucking blast watching through the first season and a half but then we stopped seeing our friend as much [she got a boyfriend and an awesome new job which is great for her but sad for our group] and haven't watched it in forever. Now there's gonna be a spinoff? Is this technically the second spinoff, with Sabrina being the first? Or did that not end up being an actual Archiverse show?

Sabrina occupies a complicated place in the "universe". There are some (EXTREMELY) tenuous connections between the two shows thus far but they have not explicitly crossed over yet. Keene is the first true spinoff.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
You do, it's a legitimately good show despite what the CW label would imply lol
CW isn't bad off the rip, I just know what to expect
You ever watch CW in summer? It gets wild, they had a Bristish cop show starring Micky from Dr.Who, an ancient aliens type show, and a horror show.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know we just moved closer to Batwing showing up

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CW isn't bad off the rip, I just know what to expect
You ever watch CW in summer? It gets wild, they had a Bristish cop show starring Micky from Dr.Who, an ancient aliens type show, and a horror show.

Outside of Degrassi and the occasional Vampire Diaries, I didn't really check out CW like that. Nowadays it's just where I watch my Beeboverse shows lol

I might watch Jane the Virgin one day tho, I heard that was good

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Black Lightning & Legends of Tomorrow got renewed, good.

All that matters to me. CW doesn't deserve this show and it's cast lol.

I didn't might the cross but I do notice as the years go by and the cross the show's over the get more and more cornier.

I am hoping the keep these to a minimum at least for BL and focus on Freeland and the issues that plague it rather then worrying about the larger Flarrowverse. Flash along with the others seem to complement each other better as well.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Degrassi and the occasional Vampire Diaries, I didn't really check out CW like that. Nowadays it's just where I watch my Beeboverse shows lol

I might watch Jane the Virgin one day tho, I heard that was good
Watch nancy drew and thank me later

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
saying goodbye to the CW (UPN/WB) for the first time in 22 years this spring. After Supernatural ends, I have no more CW shows. Kinda sad.