• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I haven't read the comic in forever, but it turns out you're right.

I wish they'd have tried to differentiate them from the Time Wraiths a bit more, then. Going with their original void look instead of the dementor look would've worked better and hearkened back less to the Time Wraiths.

They probably saved a ton of money modifying old assets instead of developing new ones from scratch.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's a shame the Flashes meeting was in the speed force. I was convinced they were both on green screen nowhere near each other until I saw the behind the scenes photo of them together. The fuzzy speed force effects kind of ruined it.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Marc on why Reverse Flash didn't show up.

"I guess what it really comes down to is notbeing beholden to a headline from six years ago that was not written by any of the showrunners involved in the crossover," says Arrowverse EP Marc Guggenheim. "A lot of things drive our stories, and a lot of things determine what choices we make….. To me, tracking toward a headline written six years ago is literally the definition of 'the cart driving the horse.'
"We've had Reverse-Flash so prominent in the Arrowverse over the years, including in last year's crossover and the crossover before that…. I love the character and I love Tom [Cavanagh] as a person, and I certainly love Matt Letscher's version, but you have to make choices."

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
You guys think they will actually do anything with the easter egg at the end? I can imagine those two characters related to that fitting in the arrowverse lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You guys think they will actually do anything with the easter egg at the end? I can imagine those two characters related to that fitting in the arrowverse lol

Guggenheim said he's going to leave it and see if anyone running any of the individual shows wants to run with it. They had a scene where the Wonder Twins actually appeared but decided not to do it.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting to see Ezra, but I enjoyed his cameo. In hindsight I'm a little surprised Mamoa didn't appear, he seemed like the type of guy to make a cameo.

I would figure either Supergirl or Legends if they bring in the twins.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wasn't expecting to see Ezra, but I enjoyed his cameo. In hindsight I'm a little surprised Mamoa didn't appear, he seemed like the type of guy to make a cameo.

I would figure either Supergirl or Legends if they bring in the twins.

I wonder... and could be wrong... if it was WB being we'll allow someone, but they can't be shown to die or their universe destroyed so naturally The Flash made the most sense

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

"I guess what it really comes down to is notbeing beholden to a headline from six years ago that was not written by any of the showrunners involved in the crossover," says Arrowverse EP Marc Guggenheim. "A lot of things drive our stories, and a lot of things determine what choices we make….. To me, tracking toward a headline written six years ago is literally the definition of 'the cart driving the horse.'
"We've had Reverse-Flash so prominent in the Arrowverse over the years, including in last year's crossover and the crossover before that…. I love the character and I love Tom [Cavanagh] as a person, and I certainly love Matt Letscher's version, but you have to make choices."
That is a lot of words to say fuck Kreisberg.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

It makes sense. We've seen a ton of RF. I'd rather have more Lex than RF.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just rewatching and I really like Amell's acting when Barry finds Ollie in the speed force and he remembers. You get a second of regret when he remembers he's dead and now the Spectre then immediately switches to acceptance.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It makes sense. We've seen a ton of RF. I'd rather have more Lex than RF.

If they weren't going to use him or live up to the newspaper then they shouldn't have teased him.

I feel like a fish who's been Baited and trolled. The only reason I was excited for this is because I've always wanted to see that big epic fight between Barry and Eobard. And also get to see Barry save himself and strike himself and create a time loop.

Also another issue here is that they don't care about continuity. They just change the story on a whim just because. That's now how storytelling works.

You don't build up and tease a story arc and then just let it go. You should have a beginning, middle and end. We only got the beginning.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If they weren't going to use him or live up to the newspaper then they shouldn't have teased him.

I feel like a fish who's been Baited and trolled. The only reason I was excited for this is because I've always wanted to see that big epic fight between Barry and Eobard. And also get to see Barry save himself and strike himself and create a time loop.

Also another issue here is that they don't care about continuity. They just change the story on a whim just because. That's now how storytelling works.

You don't build up and tease a story arc and then just let it go. You should have a beginning, middle and end. We only got the beginning.

It seems like you're on an island on this one...

Antoo

May 1, 2019
This is about as good an adaptation as Crisis on Infinite Earths is ever going to get. I imagine this was a monster to put together, but it was held together by the chemistry of its major characters. Good overall, but definitely a few notable hiccups.
Really? I thought it was a fine crossover but as an adaptation of Crisis it fails spectacularly. They either rushed through storylines, such as with Spectre, or chose to just directly translate things without any changes (which is part of adapting a storyline).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really? I thought it was a fine crossover but as an adaptation of Crisis it fails spectacularly. They either rushed through storylines, such as with Spectre, or chose to just directly translate things without any changes (which is part of adapting a storyline).

Crisis is, in and of itself, a beast of a crossover. That's why I said this is as good as we are "ever going to get."

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
You should read twitter and Reddit than. There's a bunch of outrage.

Hopefully they'll hear the outrage and do what's right.
THE OUTRAGE!!! I would chuck that storyline in the bin 100 times out of 100 to get to where we are now. Reverse Flash (who has been awesome) has gotten the most time to shine out of any villain in the Arrowverse. If anything, they should sideline him for a while and focus on other things.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I would've liked to see RF show up, but it's not the end of the world. The crossover was still great without him. He's been in plenty of Arrowverse material over the years and will likely be in plenty more in the foreseeable future.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Hopefully Reverse Flash didnt come back with the rest of the multiverse. Would be nice to twist the knife just a bit more to all the babies who are moaning now 😜

It is really annoying. All you hear anymore in regards to The Flash is where's RF!? This crossover has been particularly bad in regards to that. I can see why Guggenheim didn't stick to that newspaper article plot. Kreisberg was the showrunner for Flash in season 1 and you don't wanna have anything do it with his ass right now after that sexual harassment shit.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
THE OUTRAGE!!! I would chuck that storyline in the bin 100 times out of 100 to get to where we are now. Reverse Flash (who has been awesome) has gotten the most time to shine out of any villain in the Arrowverse. If anything, they should sideline him for a while and focus on other things.

They can sideline him. It's fine. I get why they did (He'd outshine Anti Monitor) But they went out of their way to tease him and that storyline for this crossover only to not do any of it. It feels like bait.

If they didn't tease him last season and also in the promo, then it wouldn't have matter that he wasn't here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen so much of RF like I don't even know what he'd be doing that would be worthwhile.

Give Zoom another shot.

2KcqFM8.gif

Post-Crisis means they can reboot everything and do anything. Introduce the real Zoom.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is really annoying. All you hear anymore in regards to The Flash is where's RF!? This crossover has been particularly bad in regards to that. I can see why Guggenheim didn't stick to that newspaper article plot. Kreisberg was the showrunner for Flash in season 1 and you don't wanna have anything do it with his ass right now after that sexual harassment shit.
Even ignoring that, looking at Guggenheim's statements in the past, they expressly didn't like each other.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Even ignoring that, looking at Guggenheim's statements in the past, they expressly didn't like each other.

It's not like he was the only showrunner to do something with the Crisis of 2024 story. Greg Berlanti helped with Season 1 and he's still a head of the DC CW. Todd Helbing gave it focus in Season 5 and made it all about Barry's legacy after vanishing. And now during Season 6, Eric Wallace set up the first half of the season to be about Barry facing his fate. Which was all practically wasted since nothing happened to him. What was the point of all the melodrama about him vanishing, if they were planning a cop out for him.

Marc essentially said that story and build up don't matter and was like "Hey I'll do whatever I want, I run all of this." I see why Arrow fans don't like him. Competent storytellers don't throw away 6 years of suspense, build up and story just because they feel like it. It'd be like Marvel going "Well we teased Thanos all those years but we don't feel like doing him anymore. So here's Doctor Doom instead!" right in the middle of the Infinity Saga.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Episode 4 is the most anime thing CW ever did

I mean they literally are in the same place they shoot 90% of the tokusatsus of the 80~90's

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, since Stargirl is the new Earth 2, does that mean that Ollie basically created that world himself?

Ollie created Earth-Prime and the new Earths were generated by possibility. Essentially he created a seed world and differences in choice and consequence allowed the other Earths to spin off of that. That's how the previous multiverse got started too.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I still can't believe Ezra Miller's Flash met Grant Gustin's Flash.

That was an iconic moment. I really hope they keep it in the DCEU cannon that Grant's Flash inspired him to take the name The Flash. Or have Grant cameo.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Who were the kids on that earth at the end? Dancing in front of the house

There was star girl's earth, brandon routh and that one.