• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ollie: glad I'm dead and won't be there to witness the wrath of Tobias and Jefferson.

Black Lightning is up first so I'm hoping it gets addressed immediately. I'm also hoping Tobias retains his pre-crisis memories somehow because that's going to be entertaining to see what he has to say (highly unlikely).
Batwoman and Supergirl is up first I believe.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. Thought it was alright, the fan service really saved it from being bad to me.

The Anti Monitor was a terrible villain. The shadow army was an awful choice. Bc of them every fight in the cross over was borderline laughable.

They still struggle with how to handle all the characters in these crossovers.

Olivers death didn't carry any weight due to 'killing him' in the first half. That was a really bad decision that ruined what should've been a bigger moment.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oliver's first death would've been fine if it wasn't so lame. The Auntie-Monitor needed an actual physical henchman as a mini-boss or something, probably would've worked out better.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oliver's first death would've been fine if it wasn't so lame. The Auntie-Monitor needed an actual physical henchman as a mini-boss or something, probably would've worked out better.
Or at the very least, he should've soloed the entire line-up, Thanos style.

The shadow army was a joke. All you had to do was wave your hand in front of them and they'd go poof.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Im excited to see how far these writers do the changes now that its Earth-Prime. Setups seem interesting from all the trailers. At first I was confused by Black Lightnings trailer because he mentioned visiting another world in it lol.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
The pros of Crisis:

Cool cameos, great chemistry between the actors and characters, fun fan service and it merged all of the Earths together.

The cons of Crisis:

Very poor writing, lack of good action scenes, missed potential in areas, no RF and no Flash vanishing, Anti Monitor was garbage, Olivers sacrifice was devalued, barely any of the story made sense, the pacing was poor, most of it didn't feel like it was planned properly and things happened without making any sense.

Episodes 1-4 felt like the main game and then episode 5 felt like DLC that was made for money.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The pros of Crisis:

Cool cameos, great chemistry between the actors and characters, fun fan service and it merged all of the Earths together.

The cons of Crisis:

Very poor writing, lack of good action scenes, missed potential in areas, no RF and no Flash vanishing, Anti Monitor was garbage, Olivers sacrifice was devalued, barely any of the story made sense, the pacing was poor, most of it didn't feel like it was planned properly and things happened without making any sense.

Episodes 1-4 felt like the main game and then episode 5 felt like DLC that was made for money.
But he did vanish "during Crisis", just not the way we thought he would. When they were all stuck in the Vanishing Point, Flash was gone from the others for months and stuck in speedforce limbo.

Still have no idea what they ate etc lol.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
But he did vanish "during Crisis", just not the way we thought he would. When they were all stuck in the Vanishing Point, Flash was gone from the others for months and stuck in speedforce limbo.

Still have no idea what they ate etc lol.

I meant actually vanishing. Like vanishing and then going back in time, saving his child self, striking himself, etc. Not that crap.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Im excited to see how far these writers do the changes now that its Earth-Prime. Setups seem interesting from all the trailers. At first I was confused by Black Lightnings trailer because he mentioned visiting another world in it lol.
Freeland opens first Jitters.

I meant actually vanishing. Like vanishing and then going back in time, saving his child self, striking himself, etc. Not that crap.
Yeah, as I said.. just not the way we thought he would.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
The pros of Crisis:

The cons of Crisis:

I feel the same way. The cameos were fun and all, but I wish they would've put more focus on a cohesive story and making the action sequences better. The wraiths were a joke and the Oliver vs anti monitor should've been the fight to end all fights but it fell flat

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
They were never, ever, ever, ever going to write Grant Gustin out of his own show in the middle of a season.
They didnt need to write him out completely.

If Wally was around, I would've loved a season/half season of him being the main Flash while Barry was separate from the cast and Quantum Leaping around trying to get back.

It's nice to want things.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It came from the original timeline and then stayed as the future for the show's timeline. That's literally why it changed when Nora changed time.

All of that was supposed to happen in 2024 before Nora screwed it all up.

It was supposed to happen in 2024 in the original Flash's timeline. It was not guaranteed to be this Flash's future.

If Wally was around, I would've loved a season of him being the main Flash while Barry was separate from the cast and Quantum Leaping around trying to get back.

I'mma be honest - Keiynan is not a good enough actor to carry the entire show for a season. Even if he wasn't constantly bailing to do other shit, he's best as a comic relief character rather than a dramatic lead.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
The cameos were fun but overall this crossover was absolute dogshit. It was just stuff happening and bad acting all over the place. The only bright spots were Batwoman and Older Batman and the Smallville portion. I genuinely thought the rest was some of the worst tv I have seen since the last time I watched these CW super shows. Just unbelievably awful. I didn't have high expectations and I was still disappointed. It is amazing how far cameos can carry though because this was just dreadful but the feedback has been relatively positive.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The cameos were fun but overall this crossover was absolute dogshit. It was just stuff happening and bad acting all over the place. The only bright spots were Batwoman and Older Batman and the Smallville portion. I genuinely thought the rest was some of the worst tv I have seen since the last time I watched these CW super shows. Just unbelievably awful. I didn't have high expectations and I was still disappointed. It is amazing how far cameos can carry though because this was just dreadful but the feedback has been relatively positive.

The funny part is, I actually thought Conroy's acting wasn't very good at all.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
It was supposed to happen in 2024 in the original Flash's timeline. It was not guaranteed to be this Flash's future.

I'mma be honest - Keiynan is not a good enough actor to carry the entire show for a season. Even if he wasn't constantly bailing to do other shit, he's best as a comic relief character rather than a dramatic lead.

Yeah and it was supposed to happen in this timeline too. That's why it changed when Iris was to die and why it changed when Nora changed time and why it's still referenced in Flash to this day.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
For what people generally want most, random interactions, they've made it so trivial to travel between worlds that it really doesn't matter if a specific show is in-universe. If they want Swamp Thing to interact with Constantine they can grab him.

Shows should be in-universe if there are good or interesting stories to tell using the overall world. Black Lightning embodies this in both ways, as it told stories that didn't need or were better for not coexisting in a universe with a Superman or a Flash at that time. They've been able to tell those stories but now they get the opportunity to go the other direction. Where is Superman and why doesn't he care about Freeland?

Fucking go in on this motherfucker, BL.

One conversation with BL will create SuperWokeMan.

OnXWkzR.png

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I still want to know what exactly triggered the date change for Crisis. Was it Eobard escaping his future prison?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Finished both episodes now. It's aight. The first 3 episodes were stronger. I just prefer the characters interacting more than the action.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If Wally was around, I would've loved a season/half season of him being the main Flash while Barry was separate from the cast and Quantum Leaping around trying to get back.

They couldn't even do Flashpoint for longer than an episode or two, something like what you're suggesting would never happen

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

:(

I really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting Shakespeare. I mean it was a CW crossover.