• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think RF would be a huge announcement. This is probably one of the long shots Guggenheim was hoping to get.

Maybe they got some surprise guest star for the second half? I don't think they filmed parts 4 and 5 yet - everything we've seen so far seems to be focused around 1-3.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I don't think RF would be a huge announcement. This is probably one of the long shots Guggenheim was hoping to get.

Maybe they got some surprise guest star for the second half? I don't think they filmed parts 4 and 5 yet - everything we've seen so far seems to be focused around 1-3.

Mark Hamill appearing opposite Conroy would be the kind of amazing long shot I'm hoping for.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mark Hamill appearing opposite Conroy would be the kind of amazing long shot I'm hoping for.

It would be pretty funny if they have Hamill show up and Barry recognizes him as the Trickster, only for him to go "Trickster? How dare you compare me to that two-bit stand-up? On my Earth, they call me JOKER."

And then he shoots someone. Probably Wally.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Hey, I only watch Arrow and Flash, any good recaps of the other shows out there in relation to the crisis? Have they been as crisis centered as those two?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I only watch Arrow and Flash, any good recaps of the other shows out there in relation to the crisis? Have they been as crisis centered as those two?

Not even remotely. Batwoman has barely even broached the subject, Legends isn't on the air for the year just yet, and Supergirl has only barely touched on it.

Bizarrely, outside of Arrow and Flash, the show that's doing the most pre-work for Crisis is Black Lightning, which is going to have an entire episode this coming Monday set in the middle of Crisis before Jeff makes the jump on Tuesday.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mark Hamill as the Joker is the megaton cameo I'm hoping for, and it's completely doable given his previous appearances.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Not even remotely. Batwoman has barely even broached the subject, Legends isn't on the air for the year just yet, and Supergirl has only barely touched on it.

Bizarrely, outside of Arrow and Flash, the show that's doing the most pre-work for Crisis is Black Lightning, which is going to have an entire episode this coming Monday set in the middle of Crisis before Jeff makes the jump on Tuesday.
I guess I picked the right shows to watch then. 🎈

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Mark Hamill as the Joker is the megaton cameo I'm hoping for, and it's completely doable given his previous appearances.
I'm hoping the megaton is Zachary Levi as Shazam showing up randomly as the one DCEU tie in. Have him with all the supermen and be like... "Am I one of you?" As a nod to how DC destroyed Captain Marvel originally for being too similar to Superman.
Or say "none of you look like my Superman."

Nov 2, 2018
Honestly by the time you've booked Conroy and Hamil is not worth just cancelling the whole thing and making a TV movie event about Joker/Batman story near the end of their days

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Supergirl had a bit more setup. I actually would've liked to watch J'onn go through his own trials as setup for Crisis. They could've kept the Malefic storyline, but tying it to Crisis from the beginning would've been nice.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

They filmed parts 4 and 5 a while ago. Arrow is done filming as a series.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
DCEU and CWDC is colliding. That's why The Flash movie is in development hell and we don't know what's going on with Cavill/Superman

lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're going full Spider-Verse and are including an animated Jiro Kuwata sequence.

oh no

We're getting Crisis on Infinite Puppets.

latest

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Diggle's actor as John Stewart.

Believe

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm desperately putting up with this god awful CW app to get caught up on everything and I have a question

How long has Lyla been working for The Monitor exactly? Since before she met John?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It would be pretty funny if they have Hamill show up and Barry recognizes him as the Trickster, only for him to go "Trickster? How dare you compare me to that two-bit stand-up? On my Earth, they call me JOKER."

And then he shoots someone. Probably Wally.
LOL!

"For a speedster, you arent very fast, are you?" *joker laugh*

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So, I know they're not going to touch on this.

But I should point out that Smallville introduced its own Earth-2 in its final season.

So I'm just going to tell myself that was part of the now destroyed Arrowverse Earth-2 so I don't hit my head against a wall.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Are you referring to where the Kryptonians went after previous season's finale or am I not remembering something.

Nah, that was different.

Earth-2 was introduced early in the final season. Clark gets transported there and it ends up being a world where Lionel ended up raising that world's Clark. When our Clark returns to Earth-1, Earth-2 Lionel gets sucked back with him and that's the Lionel that ends up getting possessed by Darkseid in the series finale.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that was different.

Earth-2 was introduced early in the final season. Clark gets transported there and it ends up being a world where Lionel ended up raising that world's Clark. When our Clark returns to Earth-1, Earth-2 Lionel gets sucked back with him and that's the Lionel that ends up getting possessed by Darkseid in the series finale.
Yeah you're right I remember now.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017

But I should point out that Smallville introduced its own Earth-2 in its final season.

So I'm just going to tell myself that was part of the now destroyed Arrowverse Earth-2 so I don't hit my head against a wall.
I don't know why Welling Clark isn't more concerned, the Monitors destroyed his Earth-2 (in Season 11).

His cameo better have a good point to it...

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

Iirc, it was said that Clark didn't have enough knowledge about the multiverse and therefore ignorantly/wrongly considered his earth Earth-1. So his Earth-2 wouldn't have to be the same Earth-2 as the Arrowverse.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I always found kinda egoistic to call my earth the earth 1 in a multiverse with infinite ones
I agree on principle, but it's the if it's first Earth you know what else are you gonna call it? You need some way to designate them. The next one you find is #2, then #3 and so on.

The only weird thing is when someone from another Earth agrees that your Earth is the first. Nah, fuck you, dude! Mine's first!

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree on principle, but it's the if it's first Earth you know what else are you gonna call it? You need some way to designate them. The next one you find is #2, then #3 and so on.

The only weird thing is when someone from another Earth agrees that your Earth is the first. Nah, fuck you, dude! Mine's first!

There's a line in either the original Crisis comic or Infinite Crisis where they explain that on their first meeting, the heroes from Earth 2 just let the Earth 1 heroes have the number 1, even though Earth 2 came first.