• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I agree on principle, but it's the if it's first Earth you know what else are you gonna call it? You need some way to designate them. The next one you find is #2, then #3 and so on.

The only weird thing is when someone from another Earth agrees that your Earth is the first. Nah, fuck you, dude! Mine's first!
Didn't they mention this in the earlier seasons of The Flash? I seem to recall Harry complaining about it... but I'm not sure.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Thanks for the reminder PlanetSmasher, it's time for...

The Official ResetERA Crisis on Infinite Earths Death Pool
Worlds will live. Heroes will die.

deadcrisis3kvj9w.png

Here's the deal, I have no idea what the best way to do this is, but I guess we'll split this into two categories (with an optional third).
1. 100% Dead. Characters & Earths that are dead/gone/erased by the end of January (wriggle room with Arrow's finale). No question. They're out.​
2. Kinda Dead. Characters & that will be temporarily removed/fake out death/leave their show but not in a bodybag. Questionable survival or Thanos snap.​
3. Everyone else that lives. You don't have to list these but feel free to add any interesting predictions for bonus points.​

All you have to do is put down what characters you think fit in each category. Feel free to add extra predictions for flavor. The winner is whoever gets the most answers correct/cosest. The prize is... uh... bragging rights. If someone wants to donate a prize, feel free. Entries close as of the first episode airing, although maybe we'll do revisions after the first 3 episodes. Here's my entry for example:

100% Dead
  • Oliver Queen. Dies, but is given the power to stay alive just long enough to say goodbye to his friends and family in the Arrow finale.
  • Lyla Michaels. After learning in Arrow that she's only alive because of The Monitor, it makes sense that after her radical transformation she's done.
  • The Flash-90. It's Crisis. A speedster has to die, and it won't be our Barry.
  • The Monitor. Dies to keep the heroes alive for the final fight.
  • The Anti-Monitor. He's the uh, main villain.
Kinda Dead
  • Barry Allen (Earth-1). His entire arc is about dying this season, but he's far too popular to be written off his own show. He's going to get a fakeout death.
  • Supergirl. Also gets a fake out death. She dies in the books. Either that or a fakeout with Tyler's Superman.
  • Reverse Flash. He never really dies, but I don't think he gets to just run away like in Earth-X.
  • Superman (Brandon Routh) and Clark Kent (Tom Welling). They're probably never coming back after this, so even if they won't kill them, they're not sticking around.
  • Lex Luthor. He already died once, and I don't think anyone wants him to stay alive. He'll probably fake his death.
  • Martian Manhunter. Just throwing this one out there, he seems to have been Supergirl's Crisis character, his stories are tapped out and David Harewood is an actor with opportunities. Why not?
  • Earth-38. Supergirl's Earth is going to die, but the inhabitants are sent to Earth-1.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be an Infinity War-style fakeout at the end of episode 3 where a ton of people "die" leading to the hiatus before episode 4.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I just had a thought that they'll bring back the Hawks (from behind, not original actors), just to kill them. I figure that every show needs to lose someone...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be an Infinity War-style fakeout at the end of episode 3 where a ton of people "die" leading to the hiatus before episode 4.

Yeah, the dead pool is for people who are status-quo dead as of the END of the miniseries, rather than people who die midway through and come back. You could put second half resurrections in the kinda dead category if you want, though.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yep the Kinda Dead category was added because I fully expect there to be some fakeout/reversed death kind of thing going on

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a thought that they'll bring back the Hawks (from behind, not original actors), just to kill them. I figure that every show needs to lose someone...

Didn't they already pull that in Elseworlds? I guess they could do it again, but I kinda doubt anyone would care. I'm not even sure the Legends would care that much.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Didn't they already pull that in Elseworlds? I guess they could do it again, but I kinda doubt anyone would care. I'm not even sure the Legends would care that much.
They killed faceless people from old shows in Elseworlds, but considering what they did with Savage and that the Hawks were supposed to be in Crisis, doing them dirty would be on brand.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
100% Dead
  • Oliver Queen. Obvious is Obvious, Amell is leaving Arrowverse so he is going to die.
  • A Legends Member leaning to it be Heatwave, with how big Legends is getting in terms of the team - i think some charcters are going to die for sure and honestly i don't think it will be Sara. I can honestly seeing it to be Heatwave
  • The Flash-90 and Kingdom Come Superman. Pretty evident that were are going to get a Speedster death and it being 90s Flash makes sense sadly. Kingdom Come Superman likely won't last to the end of Crsis.
  • The Monitor. Pretty Obvious here
  • The Anti-Monitor. Main Villain.
  • Martian Manhunter: I am definetly leaning towards Martian Manhunter dying at the end of this crossover, i feel his arc is slowly coming to the end.

I bet there is going to be one dead Legends Member, they haven't been lucky when it comes to crossovers

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, folks. Brandon Routh will still be in Legends at the start of this coming season. They're not writing him and Nora out now, we know he was filming episodes as recently as a couple of weeks ago.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
100% Dead
Oliver Queen

Obvious death is obvious
Kingdom Come Supes
Pretty sure they will invert the supergirl death thing
Flash 90
"Flash has to die in crisis"
Smallville's Earth
nobody save theeeem
Burt Ward
Vaporized with 60's earth
Pariah
A Wells come, a wells go
Birds of Prey people
Justice will prevail

Kinda Dead

Conroy Bruce Wayne

It will not be conroy on the mask in batwoman
Jim Corrigan
He has to turn into the Spectre
Gary
His coming back from death will not be that funny
Dreamer
How little she appeared on everything supergirl makes me think she will go the way of wally
Monitor and Anti Monitor
I can see some sort of fusion or something
Caitlin Snow
Seriously being trapped in her own body is like fate worst than death =O

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
100% Dead
Oliver Queen

Obvious death is obvious
Kingdom Come Supes
Pretty sure they will invert the supergirl death thing
Flash 90
"Flash has to die in crisis"
Smallville's Earth
nobody save theeeem
Burt Ward
Vaporized with 60's earth
Pariah
A Wells come, a wells go
Birds of Prey people
Justice will prevail

Kinda Dead

Conroy Bruce Wayne

It will not be conroy on the mask in batwoman
Jim Corrigan
He has to turn into the Spectre
Gary
His coming back from death will not be that funny
Dreamer
How little she appeared on everything supergirl makes me think she will go the way of wally
Monitor and Anti Monitor
I can see some sort of fusion or something
Caitlin Snow
Seriously being trapped in her own body is like fate worst than death =O
Disagree.

Arrow won't be "dead" dead. He will become the Spectre and make occasional guest appearances.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
100% dead
Kingdom Come Supes:
A Supes has to die.
Flash 90: See above.
Every guest from another earth (Conroy (?), Birds of Prey, Burt Ward, Smallville): Vaporized, only one earth will survive or they will manage to fuse the few remaining.
Pariah: Don't see him come back, he only has been useful for the crisis setup.
Harbinger: She has gone too far to come back (and as the show is ending, Arrow characters are the most likely to bite the dust for real).
Monitor: Dies as in the comic book. Most likely, in ep3.
Anti-Monitor: Bad is dead.

Kinda dead
Oliver Queen:
Ok, the controversial one, seeing everyone here. He will have his "sacrifice", probably in ep5. But it would have been stupid to do the Felicity 2040 final scene if he was truly gone. He will take the Earth 2 Supes place in the pocket universe and enjoy his retirement with no way out.
Barry Allen: Going for the sacrifice, saved by Earth 90's Flash, stuck in the speedforce. Come back an ep or 2 after Crisis, for drama purposes.
Iris and a shit ton of other non-hero characters: Vaporized in the trailer, either going for a time travel heist for the remaining infinity stones with the Legends or another way to bring back all the dead.

The ending of ep3 will be a "we lost" cliffhanger. I can see most of the deaths not stick, outside of Arrow characters or guest stars. It won't be the first time they use time travel to repair the damage after a "shock-value" moment.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to be home to watch the crossover 'live' but now I got a foreign work assingment so I won't see it until Friday. I'm going to cry somewhere.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give a quick summary on this season of Flash as regards Crisis? Only watch Arrow now so that Wells appearance meant nothing. Cavanaugh is the only thing I miss about the show.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give a quick summary on this season of Flash as regards Crisis? Only watch Arrow now so that Wells appearance meant nothing. Cavanaugh is the only thing I miss about the show.
Barry knows hes gonna die
he doesnt wanna die
prepares the team for his death
frost likes to draw
crazy british guy does some blood magic
barry beats british man

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Barry knows hes gonna die
he doesnt wanna die
prepares the team for his death
frost likes to draw
crazy british guy does some blood magic
barry beats british man
You forgot about all the talking.. so much talking. And Barry getting punched in the face by things slower than him.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Guggenheim doing the interview circuit.

Nothing mindblowing in there, the most interesting thing is that all the showrunners have been given a free pass to change whatever they want in their show continuity because of Crisis. So hopefully that means big changes for Supergirl and Flash. Also Black Lightning was planned as a one day cameo kind of thing, but Akil said no, he's getting more than that and cleared a week for Cress to film.

Also The Ray, Nyssa, Wally and Felicity are featured heavily in the comic tie-in because they won't be in the live action show.

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I have some doubt that Black Lightning's Earth is going to be one that's merged. For the best though.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Guggenheim doing the interview circuit.

Nothing mindblowing in there, the most interesting thing is that all the showrunners have been given a free pass to change whatever they want in their show continuity because of Crisis. So hopefully that means big changes for Supergirl and Flash. Also Black Lightning was planned as a one day cameo kind of thing, but Akil said no, he's getting more than that and cleared a week for Cress to film.
Please please please.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
100% Dead
Oliver- We've known this already.
Kingdom Come Supes- For that Crisis comic page reference.
The Monitor- Obvious there.
Flash-90- Look Flash has to die alright.
The Anti-Monitor- More obvious.
Pariah-He only appears to be useful for Crisis, so I imagine he's not sticking around.

Kinda Dead
Barry Allen- This season has been building up his death, so he's going to die. But come right back in the first episode at the start of the season's second half, because that's happened in season 4 so why stop now.
Reverse Flash- He's never gone, but something is going to happen with him though he'll be back again to cause chaos.
Thanos style snap of non hero characters.- We see some people get vaporized in the trailer, so a bunch of people are probably going to die, but be brought back through idk time travel or magic.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
On a similar note to the Dead Pool, I have another prompt for speculation. These crossovers tend to have at least one big event per series that either kicks off or wraps up a plot from the regular episodes.

For example, Crisis on Earth X had:

The Flash:
Barry and Iris get married, first appearance of Nora West-Allen

Arrow:
Oliver and Felicity's wedding

Supergirl:
Alex learns to move forward without Maggie.

Legends of Tomorrow:
The death of Martin Stein.

What does everyone think Crisis will bring to or carry over from the various shows, aside from the end of the Multiverse?

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I honestly think Oliver ends up surviving somehow.
I've thought the same. The narrative has been so adamant about convincing us that he'll die that I suspect we'll get some sorta twist.

Caitlin is the most interesting she's ever been, so probably Joe. Barry loses parents like a champ.

Alternatively: Something Crisis related causes Caitlin to die, but leaves Frost around.
That's something that i've thought about during this season. It almost feels like their trying to retire Caitlin's character. I dunno if that means that she'll die or they'll somehow be separated and Caitlin goes elsewhere.