• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder PlanetSmasher, it's time for...

The Official ResetERA Crisis on Infinite Earths Death Pool
Worlds will live. Heroes will die.

deadcrisis3kvj9w.png

Here's the deal, I have no idea what the best way to do this is, but I guess we'll split this into two categories (with an optional third).
1. 100% Dead. Characters & Earths that are dead/gone/erased by the end of January (wriggle room with Arrow's finale). No question. They're out.​
2. Kinda Dead. Characters & that will be temporarily removed/fake out death/leave their show but not in a bodybag. Questionable survival or Thanos snap.​
3. Everyone else that lives. You don't have to list these but feel free to add any interesting predictions for bonus points.​

All you have to do is put down what characters you think fit in each category. Feel free to add extra predictions for flavor. The winner is whoever gets the most answers correct/cosest. The prize is... uh... bragging rights. If someone wants to donate a prize, feel free. Entries close as of the first episode airing, although maybe we'll do revisions after the first 3 episodes. Here's my entry for example:

100% Dead
  • Oliver Queen. Dies, but is given the power to stay alive just long enough to say goodbye to his friends and family in the Arrow finale.
  • Lyla Michaels. After learning in Arrow that she's only alive because of The Monitor, it makes sense that after her radical transformation she's done.
  • The Flash-90. It's Crisis. A speedster has to die, and it won't be our Barry.
  • The Monitor. Dies to keep the heroes alive for the final fight.
  • The Anti-Monitor. He's the uh, main villain.
Kinda Dead
  • Barry Allen (Earth-1). His entire arc is about dying this season, but he's far too popular to be written off his own show. He's going to get a fakeout death.
  • Supergirl. Also gets a fake out death. She dies in the books. Either that or a fakeout with Tyler's Superman.
  • Reverse Flash. He never really dies, but I don't think he gets to just run away like in Earth-X.
  • Superman (Brandon Routh) and Clark Kent (Tom Welling). They're probably never coming back after this, so even if they won't kill them, they're not sticking around.
  • Lex Luthor. He already died once, and I don't think anyone wants him to stay alive. He'll probably fake his death.
  • Martian Manhunter. Just throwing this one out there, he seems to have been Supergirl's Crisis character, his stories are tapped out and David Harewood is an actor with opportunities. Why not?
  • Earth-38. Supergirl's Earth is going to die, but the inhabitants are sent to Earth-1.
Earth 1: Dead lol

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally reading crisis for the first time and it's such a dense kinda confusing story.

Also i've been reading comics for about 10 years now and i'm just now getting around to reading it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm finally reading crisis for the first time and it's such a dense kinda confusing story.

Also i've been reading comics for about 10 years now and i'm just now getting around to reading it.
Yeah, there's a lot going on in it that I honestly couldn't wrap my head around when I first read it, but even then it's worth it just to see George Perez squeeze any many heroes as he can in any given panel.

Nothing mindblowing in there, the most interesting thing is that all the showrunners have been given a free pass to change whatever they want in their show continuity because of Crisis. So hopefully that means big changes for Supergirl and Flash. Also Black Lightning was planned as a one day cameo kind of thing, but Akil said no, he's getting more than that and cleared a week for Cress to film.
Considering Akil's initial stance on integrating with the Arrowverse (which granted, was totally fair), it's super cool that he decided to do that.

Honestly, I think it's cool as fuck that they're straight up doing a Red Skies Crossover on BL and have it being affected by the Crisis (Red Skies, Whatever the fuck's going on with Jen's dopplegangers, etc.) despite technically not being a part of it. They have the event proper on all the other shows, and then BL is like the equivalent of a tie-in comic. I just love how unapologetically comic book-ish that is.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that since Earths are merging, that's means Smallville's Earth is fucked isn't it?

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I for sure think we'll see Barry and Kara die on screen in homages to their comic book deaths. However, they'll be fake outs, the Monitor will undo the deaths, and Oliver will step in to do the ultimate sacrifice.

Oliver made a deal with the Monitor in Elseworlds to spare them.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I for sure think we'll see Barry and Kara die on screen in homages to their comic book deaths. However, they'll be fake outs, the Monitor will undo the deaths, and Oliver will step in to do the ultimate sacrifice.
I thought for sure they were going to gender swap and have Tyler's Superman die in Kara's arms, but now he's getting his own show so that's unlikely. Guggenheim also seems to think what we already had counts too...

EJ7nWmoVAAEygTg.jpg:large

Ollie's not dying. He's going to be The Specter.
Hmmm, there is this Jim Corrigan fellow on the Island with Oliver...

crisis-on-infinite-earth-photos-1.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I feel completely confident about is that Barry will disappear. He won't die I don't think, but so much narrative energy this season has been about life without him that I think we have to get at least some of that. Don't think it will last long, but longer than the one episode his previous departures did.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Is Grant doing Broadway or filming a movie or anything? He's the star of the show and they would have to work around contracts to not have him there.

There's a business reason why Oliver and Barry's prior death takeouts were contained in an episode.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Grant doing Broadway or filming a movie or anything? He's the star of the show and they would have to work around contracts to not have him there.

There's a business reason why Oliver and Barry's prior death takeouts were contained in an episode.

At worst, you can have him in the episode but not with the team.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

I mean, they can still do episodes without them, they just still have to pay them. And they're not going to burn that money.

But yeah haven't heard anything about Grant leaving and I doubt he will.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The only thing I feel completely confident about is that Barry will disappear. He won't die I don't think, but so much narrative energy this season has been about life without him that I think we have to get at least some of that. Don't think it will last long, but longer than the one episode his previous departures did.

Just like the one time he went into the Speedforce.. and went to jail.

Have him wake up on Themyscira - now THAT would be a fun plot.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just like the one time he went into the Speedforce.. and went to jail.

Have him wake up on Themyscira - now THAT would be a fun plot.

I'm of the belief that even though they've cooled on allowing Batman and Superman, WB still won't allow Diana or any of her related stuff because that's the one cinematic smash hit they have right now.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm of the belief that even though they've cooled on allowing Batman and Superman, WB still won't allow Diana or any of her related stuff because that's the one cinematic smash hit they have right now.

Oddly enough on Legends they dropped Helen of Troy off at Themyscira and they brought her back for the finale as a badass Amazon warrior.

Soooo it exists at least!

Maybe they're saving her for her own TV series?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Barry can disappear at the end of the 3rd episode and appear at the end of the 4th.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they can still do episodes without them, they just still have to pay them. And they're not going to burn that money.

But yeah haven't heard anything about Grant leaving and I doubt he will.

Yeah, honestly, Guggenheim even said it himself. You kind of can't hide the fact that the title character of a show is leaving. You have to get in front of it.

If Grant was leaving the Flash, we would know in advance because of the contract.

Boogins

Oct 28, 2017
I am all caught up and ready to go! Except for supergirl I can't even try to watch that show anymore.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for Crisis only because Arrow and Flash have been so incredibly boring. Arrow had been good but the last ep was a snoozer. Flash's blood Heroes dude was just soooo boring.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
On a similar note to the Dead Pool, I have another prompt for speculation. These crossovers tend to have at least one big event per series that either kicks off or wraps up a plot from the regular episodes.

For example, Crisis on Earth X had:

The Flash:
Barry and Iris get married, first appearance of Nora West-Allen

Arrow:
Oliver and Felicity's wedding

Supergirl:
Alex learns to move forward without Maggie.

Legends of Tomorrow:
The death of Martin Stein.

What does everyone think Crisis will bring to or carry over from the various shows, aside from the end of the Multiverse?

Arrow : doh

Flash : Dark Flash is separated from Flash and is the big bad of the rest of the season

Supergirl: Supes gets back into the game in a way to set up the spinoff

legends: Rip is back

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird for sure. I kinda hope that they're just using the Kingdom Come shield for visual differentiation purposes and not to insinuate that Reeve's world went to hell after Superman Returns.

That would be my preference as well but the pic of him standing in front of the article about the Daily Planet attack makes me think otherwise.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Back in October you made a joke tweet about how you reached out to Nic Cage's people about "Crisis." But after all the other casting announcements, like Ashley Scott from "Birds of Prey," I'm honestly not sure how much of a joke it was. Was it a joke?

Guggenheim:
You know, to be honest with you, because I never want to lie on these things, that was … yeah, I actually did … we did reach out to Nic Cage.
I'll tell you one thing, we reached out to a lot of people, and there were people who didn't want to do it. There were people who would only do it for amounts of money that we could not ever afford. And there were other people who really wanted to do it, but couldn't for scheduling. That was the case with a lot of, I have to say, the movie stars that we reached out to. The thing about movie stars is, they're all shooting movies. And unless those movies are shooting in Vancouver, we're kind of out of luck.

But I have to say that the sheer number of actors that we did end up getting exceeded my expectation.

The madmen

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what?

They're saying that KC Superman in this crossover is the same Superman that he played in Returns? I thought this was meant to be a different Superman that Routh was playing just for fun.
Nope. It's the same one as Returns. Apparently we're getting the original theme as well?