• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
after watching the 3 parts it feels pretty weird that they killed Oliver in the first episode, i expected him to atleast last until the Arrow part

my only other complaint was era being too trigger happy with spoilers in the title about the Smallville part months ago

i still don't like the lazy town ripoff Superman from the Supergirl earth

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lowkey why haven't anyone done a Deadman series? It could be crazy with a new cast virtually every show
Anthology series don't tend to do well*. I can think of one in the last decade other than the revival of Twilight Zone on CBS All Access.

*I know season long anthologies are doing much better these days, but single episode anthologies are still uncommon.

But darn it, I'm in, Deadman as a David Banner like character would be great.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Anthology series don't tend to do well*. I can think of one in the last decade other than the revival of Twilight Zone on CBS All Access.

*I know season long anthologies are doing much better these days, but single episode anthologies are still uncommon.

I was thinking Early Edition meets Quantum Leap meets Brimstone.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

He's the Littlest Hobo!

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just thought of this, folks, and rushed here to post my sweet idea:

If the result of all this is really dumb, we should totally rename the thread!

CRISIS ON INFINITE OOFS!!!!!

Thank you I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I mean he's technically on TV right now with the Harley show.

Live action though it would be weird if they were more protective of Joker than Batman or Superman

Probably will be Trickster just so 90 Flash can have one more scene with him.

They're so protective of Joker in live action that they didn't let Gotham use green hair for their Joker.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
This is from today. Crisis is in the bag already, unless they're doing pickups. If it's anything, it won't be a full scene. Maybe some flashes of the restored Post-Crisis Earth at the end.

Could just as easily be a cameo on an unannounced Disney+ Star Wars series.
No its not. They said they'll be doing lots of surprise filming over the break.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I couldn't post after episode 2 because the app uploads episodes the following day and I wanted to avoid spoilers. Anyways, here are my thoughts on episodes 2 & 3--

• Thus far, the standout scene was that exchange between Barry and Jefferson. Goddamn, Williams and Gustin are damn fine actors.

• I really like the dynamic between Kara and Kate. It's much appreciated that their not shoe-honing Kate into being the moody know it all sister role just because that's what would be expected from them based on classic tropes and motifs. I adore the fact that she almost sees Kara as a mentor and big sister.

• Brand Routh is Superman. It's a goddamn crime that WB never gave him another shot. He legit makes Tyler look bad. I so badly hope that he gives Lex his much need comeuppance.

• They gave CBS Flash the coolest possible send-out he could've gotten.

EDIT: GOOD GOD, my grammar sucks. Auto-correct has turned me into an idiot.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I found it interesting that in Supergirl's Earth they finally acknowledged (with just one line), the entirety of last seasons anti-immigration story lines. And then alien ships somehow saved 3 billion humans. How many ships were parked on Earth or wherever?

Overall, it's been OK. I like the extra touches like having Tom Welling from Smallville, and Kevin Conroy as old Batman. Where did Elastic Guy come from? He's not getting much action. I don't watch every CW show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I found it interesting that in Supergirl's Earth they finally acknowledged (with just one line), the entirety of last seasons anti-immigration story lines. And then alien ships somehow saved 3 billion humans. How many ships were parked on Earth or wherever?

Overall, it's been OK. I like the extra touches like having Tom Welling from Smallville, and Kevin Conroy as old Batman. Where did Elastic Guy come from? He's not getting much action. I don't watch every CW show.

He's from the Flash.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just got around to watching yesterday's episode.

Holy shit they managed to get a clip in from the 90's flash show.

These absolute madmen ..

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I already miss Welling and Durance. I should have never watched this. Now I am going to have to rewatch the last season of Smallville winedrunk and then call my girlfriends up and cry.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Man, my boss went on a 10 minute rant to me about what Lex did to Routhman. I'm still salty too.
It was such a perfect Lex move that I couldn't even be mad. Like, he's such a petty piece of shit, but it was such a good example of the fucking bullshit that Lex Luthor would do just to shit on Superman and save his own skin.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It was such a perfect Lex move that I couldn't even be mad. Like, he's such a petty piece of shit, but it was such a good example of the fucking bullshit that Lex Luthor would do just to shit on Superman and save his own skin.
It really was. I was a tad hesitant when people said that Cryer did a great job as Lex last season until I finally watched it myself. He's just so incredibly hatable. If/when he gets his comeuppance, it's gonna be so satisfying.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It really was. I was a tad hesitant when people said that Cryer did a great job as Lex last season until I finally watched it myself. He's just so incredibly hatable. If/when he gets his comeuppance, it's gonna be so satisfying.

He already did get his comeuppance and the freaking Monitor resurrected him. Nice job, Monitor.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It was his idea to recruit Lena to help out, I guess. Beyond that, not really. Which is why it's funny he's one of the Paragons.
Hey! He stood in the background and "kept in psychic contact with the ship". So, there!

He hasn't done a damn thing all crossover and has still been in his human form the entire time for no reason. Normally when they do a crossover they go out of their way to amp up the heroes action-wise and they come off great. J'onn is just as useless here as he is in Supergirl.

They have 2 episodes left to redeem him cause he's been a total waste of a spot.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't post after episode 2 because i'm a day behind everything using the app. Anyways, here are my thoughts on episodes 2 & 3--

• The standout scene so far was that exchange between Barry and Jefferson. Goddamn, Williams and Gustin are damn fine actors.

• I really like the dynamic between Kara and Kate. I appreciate them not shoe-horning Kate into being the moody know it all sister role just because that's what would be expected from them based on classic tropes and motifs. I actually adore the fact that she almost sees Kara as a mentor and big sister.

• Brand Routh is Superman. It's a goddamn crime that WB never gave him another shot. He legit makes Tyler look bad. I so badly hope that he gets to see Lex his much need comeuppance.

• The gave CBS Flash the coolest possible send-out he could've gotten.

It was so cool to see all of the above...but damn Curt Welling could pull off Supes too now. Routh is great though. Only thing that makes me sad is that Adam West and Christopher Reeve would have totally been down for cameos and we just barely missed them due to old age :(

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Hey! He stood in the background and "kept in psychic contact with the ship". So, there!

He hasn't done a damn thing all crossover and has still been in his human form the entire time for no reason. Normally when they do a crossover they go out of their way to amp up the heroes action-wise and they come off great. J'onn is just as useless here as he is in Supergirl.

They have 2 episodes left to redeem him cause he's been a total waste of a spot.

They're saving their money for the last two episodes. Can't have giant Oliver Spectre bs Giant Anti Monitor if you have J'onn stand around the background in CGI form all the time.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting how Jefferson was treated as basically the same way as Smallville dude. A glorified cameo

Black Mirror Master

I don't know, I didn't see it that way at all. He seemed to play a decent role in "saving" the day, and that scene with Barry was nice. They did more than I expected, since Black Lightning films in Atlanta (vs Vancouver BC).

Oct 27, 2017
Well he COULD have been the paragon of wisdom. I was going to say he maybe doesn't have enough time to count as a paragon, but he's already done more than J'onn.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No he couldn't, because Cress didn't have enough enough time to film episode four.

They gave him nearly a week on set, which is already a significant amount for the lead of a series that shoots in another country.

Yup. By comparison, Jon Cryer was shooting for six weeks. The gulf in the amount of time Cress had available for shooting compared to some of the others is noticeable, but Guggenheim said they used him as effectively as possible. Better to intro him here and bring him back for the grand finale than burn through him early and not get to use him for the end of the story or show what happens to him after Crisis is over.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Brand Routh is Superman. It's a goddamn crime that WB never gave him another shot. He legit makes Tyler look bad.
This not an understatement. To the point if I was Tyler I would actually be outright concerned. It's not just Routh but Welling out shined him as well. At times I don't think it's his fault. The writers from the jump have always underplayed him. It doesn't help that he doesn't at all look imposing when he's in the suit. Superman doesn't really need to when you really think about it but it helps, especially when the suit you have isn't that great. I think his Clark looks good but honestly I think anyone can pull that off. The idea that he can never outshine Supergirl (which I think was foolish. You can have both of them look good. You don't have to keep putting him down to make her look good but what's what they've done from the start and keep doing it.) I think has done a decent amount of damage to his version of the character and he's not been allowed to grow beyond that.

If he's really getting a show with his Lois I honestly don't have that much faith in it already. Unless the writers and show runner actively work to fix these issues. Or why would people want to even watch the show?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This not an understatement. To the point if I was Tyler I would actually be outright concerned. It's not just Routh but Welling out shined him as well. At times I don't think it's his fault. The writers from the jump have always underplayed him. It doesn't help that he doesn't at all look imposing when he's in the suit. Superman doesn't really need to when you really think about it but it helps, especially when the suit you have isn't that great. I think his Clark looks good but honestly I think anyone can pull that off. The idea that he can never outshine Supergirl (which I think was foolish. You can have both of them look good. You don't have to keep putting him down to make her look good but what's what they've done from the start and keep doing it.) I think has done a decent amount of damage to his version of the character and he's not been allowed to grow beyond that.

If he's really getting a show with his Lois I honestly don't have that much faith in it already. Unless the writers and show runner actively work to fix these issues. Or why would people want to even watch the show?

I don't think it'd be that hard to make him work. As long as he's not CONSTANTLY being compared to Kara it should be fine. The big issue is just that they keep trying to distinguish between their power levels when what they SHOULD be doing is just...let each of them be a little better at different things.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I mean even Lois knows she's with the wrong Clark