• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Flash was an obvious one for renewal, just like Supergirl. Flash has been good this season, so I'm hyped for the rest of this season and whatever they do next season.

Imo I wasn't worried about BL, we'll probably at least get 2 more seasons of it.

Legends was the only one that worried me.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
These renewed art are some of the worst they ever made =P

...shouldn't the news about the green arrow spinoff being greenlighted be in the middle of all of this?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
These renewed art are some of the worst they ever made =P

...shouldn't the news about the green arrow spinoff being greenlighted be in the middle of all of this?
New shows are picked up in a period called the 'upfronts'. Expect it in the week of May 11. That week, every television station does one day for advertisers to present their slate. It is also usually where the last renewals are given.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
And how about the Superdad show?
few months too?

Green Arrow and the Canaries' pilot airs this month, so they'll be able to gauge viewer reaction and make a decision by upfronts. As for Superdad, that one's pilot hasn't even been filmed yet. So if it does get greenlit it won't be any time soon, unless the CW is so impressed with it that they give it a straight to series order. Not uncommon, but also not something we should really expect.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

Infinite Earths have been destroyed, all of existence has been reduced to one pocket dimension outside time, and Barry is still finding new L's to take.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Infinite Earths have been destroyed, all of existence has been reduced to one pocket dimension outside time, and Barry is still finding new L's to take.

uBmBCe3.png

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So Barry's going to take multiple major Ls or he's going to Flashtime the shit out of everybody. I'm going with the former.

Nov 30, 2017
Wow I finally caught up to the first episode of the crossover and what a lame ass exit for Ollie. CW has usually been good with deaths but that was very poorly acted and just lame the way he went out.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I finally caught up to the first episode of the crossover and what a lame ass exit for Ollie. CW has usually been good with deaths but that was very poorly acted and just lame the way he went out.
Yeah that death hasn't grown on me. I think the writers said they were going for shock value and wanted to raise the stakes early on, but it felt cheap and unearned tbh

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that death hasn't grown on me. I think the writers said they were going for shock value and wanted to raise the stakes early on, but it felt cheap and unearned tbh
He needed a better fight to go out in. The idea was good on paper, but uhhh, the budget just wasn't there I guess. All we got was Ollie shooting at 3-4 dementors while they bumped into him a couple of times.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He needed a better fight to go out in. The idea was good on paper, but uhhh, the budget just wasn't there I guess. All we got was Ollie shooting at 3-4 dementors while they bumped into him a couple of times.

All it needed was Oliver actually taking damage from the shadow demons. Show them shredding his uniform and have them break his bow.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Walking back from lunch and suddenly it hit me

....wasn't the legends literally choosen because they don't matter to the timeline?
how can Sara be a paragon?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

....wasn't the legends literally choosen because they don't matter to the timeline?

They've since changed time over and over again, proving themselves valuable to the timeline and changing their "they don't matter" destiny.

I'd say that makes sense. Dunno if they would touch on it specifically.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Crisis is a bit muddled when it comes to timeline stuff, even more so in the tv version as they reference the future and things like Ollie and Flash being dead from the Crisis. In the comics Crisis basically happens in all time periods at once which would have worked better for the Legends stuff as Rip wouldn't have known.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Weren't the Legends chosen by Rip before Barry broke the entire timeline with Flashpoint? And on top of that, weren't the Time Masters deliberately limiting people's potential in time using the Oculus before Snart blew it up?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the Legends changed their destinies a bunch of times, they rose above their "they don't matter" status a long time ago.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the Legends chosen by Rip before Barry broke the entire timeline with Flashpoint? And on top of that, weren't the Time Masters deliberately limiting people's potential in time using the Oculus before Snart blew it up?

Add in that the Time Masters's assessment was about importance to Earth 1, but the Paragons are about importance to the Mulitverse as a whole.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've fallen out with Legends. Is Rip still on the show? Always loved Arthur Darvill and thought it was cool Rory got to become a Time Lord himself.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the way Rip went out, I always assumed they did it like that to leave room for him to return at some point.

There wasn't some gigantic explosion or anything. He looked like he was teleported through time. Unlike the Hawks, I would welcome his return.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
They wrote Rip out because they knew they wanted Ava as a regular in S4.

Ava is fine, I guess? Rip had some fun stuff in S2 but his arc came to a natural end.

Multiverse? Rip could have replaced Rory's role.

But also

I love Rory.

Dominic Purcell will be there until the show ends. The writers always make room to give him good bits.