• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
This is the one chance for them to change Wally West's actor to someone who can actually appear regularly on a TV show.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Finally caught up. Got plenty of thoughts I'm still processing.

Also for Legends fans... it looks like Mona is no longer a series regular. She was cut from the credits. So she's probably getting a few cameos then written out.

So what's the next big crossover down the road? Bringing in the The Corps? Darkseid and Apokolips? They going Rebirth and doing their version of Dark Knights: Metal?
pretty sure they said no more big crossovers. Anything else is going to be like two character team ups.
They didn't say no more big ones, but they did say the next one is going to be a smaller Kara/Kate focused affair.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Beautiful crossover, loved every minute of it and loved loved loved the ending. Perfect clip was shown to promote Doom Patrol lol

And I do like how they turned infinite earths to like...12 earths...I liked that bit, and hit the emotional beats. I get why some people are, "boo no reverse jobber" but with the time constraints they had he would have just been tossed into the weather witch role and tossed in jail yet again. I rather they use him like a global threat and save him for next cross over. While next crossover might go bigger(I doubt we getting new gods, but one can hope) it would be cool to get more global to bring back fan favorites and new threats.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the next big crossover down the road? Bringing in the The Corps? Darkseid and Apokolips? They going Rebirth and doing their version of Dark Knights: Metal?
Don't many of the big other events going forward require the Green Lantern Corps? I guess you could do some Supergirl and Superman events and make them bigger. New Krypton and introduce Zod for example. Darkseid or anything Apokolips related is going to be movie based with New Gods coming up and whatever they do with the Justice League there.

I think the next biggest they could do or lead to is Our Worlds at War and introduce Imperiex. A World's Finest crossover seems like the easiest to do with Kara and Kate's friendship.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So when the synopsis for the Canaries pilot came out it talked about it being in the future

But the next episode pretty clearly takes place in the present given the ages of Laurel and Dinah

So what gives

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next big crossover is kinda obvious based on the combined parts of the universe.

It's legends with Lex in charge and government turning on heroes, similar to Justice League Unlimited and the lastseason of Smallville.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
With like one or two exceptions, I thought the action scenes in this crossover were pretty damn weak to be honest. I know these CW shows have tiny budgets, but in previous years they felt a lot more exciting and better choreographed. Here it felt kinda lazy for the most part, like the director instructed them to "stand on this piece of tape and just flail your arms around and we'll CG in some shadow demons later." Meh.

But man, they really nailed the character moments where it mattered. Ollie's final goodbye, the presidential address and moment of silence, empty seat at the table in the Hall of Justice, just an awesome sendoff for him.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Crazy last two episodes. Way crazier than the first half. Oliver got a beautiful send off, his mark on arrowverse is massive.

I thought they'd leave it at earth-prime, but looks like the multiverse is back again.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Regarding Stargirl: it was originally going to only be on DC Universe. It's already been filmed, which is why it is in its own universe. I assume that's why they needed to clarify that it isn't in Earth-Prime here.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the only missed opportunity was not having a giant Ollie Spectre show up to hold down the Anti-Monitor at the last moment.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure they said no more big crossovers. Anything else is going to be like two character team ups.

Like zero said. Next year is smaller in scale but the bigger stuff isn't off the table. Probably just taking a break from the bigger events until everything gets settled in in this new multiverse.

Don't many of the big other events going forward require the Green Lantern Corps? I guess you could do some Supergirl and Superman events and make them bigger. New Krypton and introduce Zod for example. Darkseid or anything Apokolips related is going to be movie based with New Gods coming up and whatever they do with the Justice League there.

I think the next biggest they could do or lead to is Our Worlds at War and introduce Imperiex. A World's Finest crossover seems like the easiest to do with Kara and Kate's friendship.

I think most of the bigger events do require The Corps and we do have a Green Lantern show lined up. If that gets absorbed into the main Arrowverse then those events are possible. I think you're right with the Superman/Supergirl events that leads to a crossover.

Serene and you just reminded me that we're getting a New Gods movie so that's off the table for now.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well the pilot takes place in the future, so it would be weird to do a pilot set in the future (which we know for sure) and then just go back to the present for the rest of the series.

I just wonder what the justification would be for the 2019 versions of Dinah and Laurel to stay in the future on a long-term basis

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
With like one or two exceptions, I thought the action scenes in this crossover were pretty damn weak to be honest. I know these CW shows have tiny budgets, but in previous years they felt a lot more exciting and better choreographed. Here it felt kinda lazy for the most part, like the director instructed them to "stand on this piece of tape and just flail your arms around and we'll CG in some shadow demons later." Meh.
The lack of good fight scenes in episodes 1-3 made me think they were going all out in these last couple episodes. Definitely disappointing compared to something like crisis on Earth X

Also, lol at Ryan Choi holding his own against the wraiths in ep 4

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope that's not the last we see of Ryan Choi. Especially with Brandon Routh leaving Legends.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I...really liked that? Like yeah it was predictable and we all pretty much called all of it to begin with, but...it was nice. It was fun, some nice character moments.

And now we have a Justice League! Well, kinda. I'm glad Black Lightning is on Earth-1 now.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot and slept through the last couple episodes. :(

when am i gonna get my all supermans special??? come oooonnnnnn

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 was largely whack af. Only real highlight was the Erza cameo (which got completely spoiled for me cuz my jackass friend that doesn't even watch the damn crossover), and seeing Lex continue to ham it up. Pretty much nothing happens until the final 10 minutes, and (unsurprisingly at this point) the final fight against the Anti-Monitor was very underwhelming. Especially compared to Earth X, that boasted a much bigger cast for the big battle.

Ryan Choi being one of the paragons still felt random due to him being a newly introduced character, they should've introduced before this crossover. And I just straight up didn't like Arrow becoming the Spectre. Everything about that was handled poorly and it felt very boring. All I can really say is I guess his 2nd death was a little better than the first?

Part 2 starts off on a better note, in that it at least finally achieves at least the goal of bringing Supergirl and her cast on over. That that also included the detail of Lex being in control of the DEO, as well as a respected figure, was very interesting. It started to get kind of annoying though having to go through the process of J'onn restore the memories of several characters though. Was seeing some good ol' Legends banter (and some actually enjoyable crossover dialogue) tho, same for the giant Beebo callback. Main issue with this episode though is that it feels more like an epilogue. Which maybe could've worked... if Part 4 actually felt appropriately climatic. I mean yea they fight Anti-Monitor again, and it was slightly better than Part 4... I guess, but at that point I'm just more interested in seeing everyone adjust to Earth Prime. Fuck the Anti-Monitor, Lex was a better antagonistic force.

Though Oliver's 2nd death still felt somewhat lacking, seeing the president, cast, and effectively the whole world honor Oliver's sacrifice actually got to me. That was genuinely emotional.

Was annoyed that Black Lightning got the short end of the stick in terms of screentime, but they made up for it by confirming he's also a part of Earth Prime, as well as a founding member of the Justice League (!!!) Also the "Oh it's like that?" line had me dying 😂

Overall, I consider this crossover to be a huge disappointment for the most part. Also didn't help that the break just killed any hype, not that the final two episodes really deserved it. The Anti-Monitor just didn't feel very threatening, there was arguably too many damn cameos (As in, the ones that took up ample screentime) as well. But at least I can take solace in it not copping out or half-assing actually combining the worlds like we all wanted.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That Jon Cryer is sticking around on Supergirl really feels like he could be a regular on Superman & Lois. He's committed to the role.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So Stargirl is looking like it's actually in part a Justice Society of America show. That is what I was hoping might be the case in the end. Glad to see that it is. I'll certainly be watching it now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That Jon Cryer is sticking around on Supergirl really feels like he could be a regular on Superman & Lois. He's committed to the role.

From what I've seen of him in interviews, he really had fun with the part and then when he found out about Crisis it COMPLETELY sold him on the idea of sticking around. I have no idea how long they'll be able to hold onto him but I hope it's a while.

I really have to give the guy credit - I was not expecting him to make a good Lex and he's completely exceeded my expectations to a comical degree. What a treat.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Dat reveal!

tumblr_p2pb6t8QvV1t5ondso1_400.gifv

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

That's what I'm thinking.

I also love that Lena will apparently remember everything. I was a bit worried they would only have her remember the new timeline where Lex is good.

After how disappointing Supergirl S5 has been following S4, one of my favorite Arrowverse seasons, I feel like this gives them an opportunity to get things back on track.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Uh does this mean they were actually on set together?

even crazier that it didn't leak

I think the way they did it was that they did the shot/reverse shot thing for the bulk of the dialogue separately and then flew Ezra out for the one shot where they were touching each other's suits. They probably snuck it in while filming the second half of the season.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Like zero said. Next year is smaller in scale but the bigger stuff isn't off the table. Probably just taking a break from the bigger events until everything gets settled in in this new multiverse.

Ok, cool. I'll allow it.
Supergirl/Batwoman Worlds Finest.
Flash/Black Lightning: Love & Thunder.
Legends/Canaries: Time Waits For No One.
Stargirl/_____: A Falling Star.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was this close to dropping Supergirl again, now Lex being back in his new position means I gotta stick it out...

Also... why it feel like J'onn was only a paragon so they'd have a justification for him being able to restore everyone's memories lol

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was this close to dropping Supergirl again, now Lex being back in his new position means I gotta stick it out...

Also... why it feel like J'onn was only a paragon so they'd have a justification for him being able to restore everyone's memories lol

The dude is mad powerful and it was obvious they weren't going to use him for a lot of things, lol. Still disappointed he didn't do much tho.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

Probably cause he did nothing else all crossover.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Question, so where did The Monitor take Felicity when she said that she wanted to be with Ollie since he died twice? She wouldn't necessarily be back when the universe got recreated since The Monitor said that she couldn't return