• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Keiynan's coming back though...

...until he leaves on tour again? I'm just tired of wasted Wally story lines and opportunities due to scheduling issues. I bet behind the scenes they had to re-write a few seasons and the whole 'Flash missing in crisis' arc due to him not being available. In an alternate universe post-Savitar arc Wally would have been setup to be the next Flash and this would have been the culmination of that.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
...until he leaves on tour again? I'm just tired of wasted Wally story lines and opportunities due to scheduling issues. I bet behind the scenes they had to re-write a few seasons and the whole 'Flash missing in crisis' arc due to him not being available. In an alternate universe post-Savitar arc Wally would have been setup to be the next Flash and this would have been the culmination of that.
This

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I thought that was fantastic. Really the only disappointment was Reverse Flash not showing up even though that had been teased for years, but I wouldn't say the event felt incomplete without him or anything. I'm really glad Supergirl and Black Lightning are on Earth Prime now.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Flash should do a cross-over where Odell comes to town to pick up some meta's. Have the ASA take-over from Argus with Waller being off limits.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Jim Lee is the true hero, he also got them Brandon Routh Superman and he made them that amazing speed-sketch in Elseworlds.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now what if

lc7jsl3a48541.jpg

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Was the ending montage showing that there is still a multiverse and is the numbering the same as when the crossover began? Then why were some universes combined together and not others? Well if the montage near the end is true, then there are likely at least 99-100 Earths or so as 96 was shown. And why is Earth-1 now Earth Prime?

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Was the ending montage showing that there is still a multiverse and is the numbering the same as when the crossover began? Then why were some universes combined together and not others? Well if the montage near the end is true, then there are likely at least 99-100 Earths or so as 96 was shown.
So we could get Supergirl, Black Lightning and Flashs (Earth 1 including Batwoman and legends and Arrow) shows all in one universe.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Was the ending montage showing that there is still a multiverse and is the numbering the same as when the crossover began? Then why were some universes combined together and not others? Well if the montage near the end is true, then there are likely at least 99-100 Earths or so as 96 was shown. And why is Earth-1 now Earth Prime?

The numbering is definitely different. Earth-2 was the home of Harry, Jessie, Laurel-2 and Zoom and now it's the Earth that the Stargirl show takes place on.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Because that's the universe Spectre Oliver wanted. Why would he combine other universes into it that he doesn't know with the one he created for his friends and bring unknown dangers?

Earth 2 being out of it is the only iffy thing, but he probably realized that Barry's bloodlust would drive him to kill and E2 lives don't matter.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Honestly I think they just dropped the whole aesthetic for Earth-2 that Flash had going for it, with the whole Art Deco stuff. Remember Oliver visitied Earth 2 before Crisis and it was just normal too lol.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
It really is a shame they only had 5 episodes, and acesss to like 15 heroes, most of which weren't even involved in the original comic. Crisis on Infinite Earths was a long, well crafted climax, and a shitloiad of people involved. The last episode was lame as fuck compared to Supergirl Beating the shit out out of the Anti-Monitor and forcing him to retreat.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Anti-Monitor growing large looked like Apocalypse from the X-Men cartoon

I thought the same thing, costume as well.

From a cameo perspective it was great seeing the movie version of the Flash, as I thought they had banged all those out in the first 3 parts.

I felt the 2nd episode was stronger than the 1st one. Seeing Beebo again was cool.

It was cool seeing Barry establish a Justice League at the end there, although it might be weird when they don't really call on each other for assistance. Like Jefferson could use their help in taking down the ASA/Markovian threat , but I guess they sorta operate that way now and only come together when there is a major world ending threat.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the same thing, costume as well.

From a cameo perspective it was great seeing the movie version of the Flash, as I thought they had banged all those out in the first 3 parts.

I felt the 2nd episode was stronger than the 1st one. Seeing Beebo again was cool.

It was cool seeing Barry establish a Justice League at the end there, although it might be weird when they don't really call on each other for assistance. Like Jefferson could use their help in taking down the ASA/Markovian threat , but I guess they sorta operate that way now and only come together when there is a major world ending threat.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Arrow Episode:
Shoehorning Oliver as Specter feels like a Smallville. Got that get up at Party City.
The final battle felt anticlimactic. Oliver died so many times that his final death felt shallow

Loving Legends just being self aware with the crossover 4th wall break
final final Ani Monitor fight felt weak. They really like that camera circling while everybody fight

Good crossover, but the fights with the Anti Monitor just felt weak.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
At least "baby" Sara is back which probably explains who that is in one of the promo pics for the Green Arrow and the Canaries backdoor pilot.

Not sure about that deal with Clark now having two kids and seemingly aware of it even though he wasn't a Paragon? Maybe J'onn got to him first and didn't get to see Lois or something... I dunno.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Well, gotta say this was overall sort of lack luster. Earth x remains my favorite. Not sure all the ways this crumbled for me, but off the top of my head it just seemed rushed and the impactful notes were just not there. Need to sleep on it and read others thoughts before I can piece together how I feel about it.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Good crossover, but the fights with the Anti Monitor just felt weak.
Honestly, all the fight scenes were pretty terrible. There's only so much you can do with weightless CG baddies that die in one hit. Pick any random fight from any episode of Arrow vs humans and its 100x better.

So now that you establish fighting corporeal enemies is terrible, you'd think someone with a body like the AntiMonitor would be better right? Nah, let's have TWO Kryptonians flying in circles firing eyebeams and not much else. Martian Manhunter with no shape shifting or phasing. No Flash lightning bolt or megaton punch. No one off AntMan like scene where Atom gets big and punches AM in the face. etc etc.

When you have Ryan Choi with no fight experience one shot shiving baddies with a screwdriver, you done fucked up.

These huge crossovers arent there for "good action scenes".

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
At least "baby" Sara is back which probably explains who that is in one of the promo pics for the Green Arrow and the Canaries backdoor pilot.

Not sure about that deal with Clark now having two kids and seemingly aware of it even though he wasn't a Paragon? Maybe J'onn got to him first and didn't get to see Lois or something... I dunno.
Yea, J'onn got to everyone, heroes at least, and restored their memories. If he showed Ray of all people, there's no reason he wouldnt show Clark.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
All this managed to do is make me wish we got a RouthPerman show and for Erzaflash to fix Cavillman in the DCEU.

=(

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Gonna be interesting to see who Superman's second child is. At the time I figured it would be Jason as Routh mentioned him in an earlier episode but as that Earth still exists he wouldn't have been folded in to Earth Prime.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I'm happy Oliver got the spotlight and that they gave him finality in these last two episodes. Still peeved at the takeout at the end of the first episode though. In my opinion, you didn't need that and instead could have just given him an arc of slowly becoming Spectre while also having more time to interact with the cast.

Overall, these last two episodes did bring the crossover up in my eyes. It actually made me interested in Supergirl again after the garbage that was 5A. I don't know if I can say it's the best crossover though. The overarching plot was an absolute mess and the Anti-Monitor is a really uninteresting villain. The paragon stuff was muddy and overall I would have appreciated less time being spent on cameos.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I was kind of disappointed that we didnt get a "on your left" moment. I understand that too many heroes become hard to juggle but really we only needed to see them in a line-up/fight, not necessarily taking part in conversations. This is the biggest event they will have, this was the time for that.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
pretty sure they said no more big crossovers. Anything else is going to be like two character team ups.
How they going to introduce the justice league round table, answer Jefferson's question of "how often does the world need saving?" With a "well more than you think" facial reaction / probably next year and not do another big crossover. Makes zero sense. They got the Hall, The Table, Gleek all they need now is the Wonder Twins

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Waking up and thinking about this..... We're going to get a ton of metahumans, humans, and aliens that all go:

I remember what happened to the multiverse. X is now gone from my life. Now *insert superhero name* must pay!

That's going to get annoying real quick and they had better not linger on that aspect for too long.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I was kind of disappointed that we didnt get a "on your left" moment. I understand that too many heroes become hard to juggle but really we only needed to see them in a line-up/fight, not necessarily taking part in conversations. This is the biggest event they will have, this was the time for that.
That shit is so over rated and only worked because it was quoting the best MCU movie.

Plus killing off Oliver episode 1 ruined any chance of that going down. I feel like we seen them do the "line up" before.....hell they looked wrong without Oliver in the center the last time they did it.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Waking up and thinking about this..... We're going to get a ton of metahumans, humans, and aliens that all go:

I remember what happened to the multiverse. X is now gone from my life. Now *insert superhero name* must pay!

That's going to get annoying real quick and they had better not linger on that aspect for too long.
Well, they did establish that only the Paragons and whoever J'onn gave the memories to would know anything about the multiverse. Any random pop up baddies shouldn't know anything. From their perspective all the heroes, aliens, metas etc were always present on that Earth.

Edit:
And Lex, obviously.