• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
They're so cute :D

EOS9brXU4AEsyz3
I lived to see Barry Allen come back from absolutely nothing in comics to uniting [almost] all DC media.

crazy

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Just watched both episodes.

That was freaking amazing. Basically the Endgame for DC.

My mind exploded in a way it hasn't...forever?... when DCEU Flash showed up. I went into these last 2 episodes blind, I wish I had done the same for the first three parts tbh (Smallville and the other cameos would have had more of an impact).

I know these CW shows have their lowpoints, and are certainly made on a TV budget, but damn am I thankful for them.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they did establish that only the Paragons and whoever J'onn gave the memories to would know anything about the multiverse. Any random pop up baddies shouldn't know anything. From their perspective all the heroes, aliens, metas etc were always present on that Earth.

Edit:
And Lex, obviously.
".........The dark matter didn't just create new metahumans, it brought back memories"

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 was largely whack af. Only real highlight was the Erza cameo (which got completely spoiled for me cuz my jackass friend that doesn't even watch the damn crossover), and seeing Lex continue to ham it up. Pretty much nothing happens until the final 10 minutes, and (unsurprisingly at this point) the final fight against the Anti-Monitor was very underwhelming. Especially compared to Earth X, that boasted a much bigger cast for the big battle.

Ryan Choi being one of the paragons still felt random due to him being a newly introduced character, they should've introduced before this crossover. And I just straight up didn't like Arrow becoming the Spectre. Everything about that was handled poorly and it felt very boring. All I can really say is I guess his 2nd death was a little better than the first?

Part 2 starts off on a better note, in that it at least finally achieves at least the goal of bringing Supergirl and her cast on over. That that also included the detail of Lex being in control of the DEO, as well as a respected figure, was very interesting. It started to get kind of annoying though having to go through the process of J'onn restore the memories of several characters though. Was seeing some good ol' Legends banter (and some actually enjoyable crossover dialogue) tho, same for the giant Beebo callback. Main issue with this episode though is that it feels more like an epilogue. Which maybe could've worked... if Part 4 actually felt appropriately climatic. I mean yea they fight Anti-Monitor again, and it was slightly better than Part 4... I guess, but at that point I'm just more interested in seeing everyone adjust to Earth Prime. Fuck the Anti-Monitor, Lex was a better antagonistic force.

Though Oliver's 2nd death still felt somewhat lacking, seeing the president, cast, and effectively the whole world honor Oliver's sacrifice actually got to me. That was genuinely emotional.

Was annoyed that Black Lightning got the short end of the stick in terms of screentime, but they made up for it by confirming he's also a part of Earth Prime, as well as a founding member of the Justice League (!!!) Also the "Oh it's like that?" line had me dying 😂

Overall, I consider this crossover to be a huge disappointment for the most part. Also didn't help that the break just killed any hype, not that the final two episodes really deserved it. The Anti-Monitor just didn't feel very threatening, there was arguably too many damn cameos (As in, the ones that took up ample screentime) as well. But at least I can take solace in it not copping out or half-assing actually combining the worlds like we all wanted.

To be fair the comic has the same issue, the comic ends at 10-11 and AM comes back for 12 in the same way way the show did.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
That was fun as hell, it meandered a bit over the 5 parts but stuck the landing pretty damn hard. The Ezra cameo floored me (along with a lot of the others), and the potential for more little crossovers is very interesting. I really cannot wait for the Arrow finale either.

I have to say, though - as much as the "Anti-Monitor, you have failed this universe!" was expected and well-delivered, I did find it a little too cheesy. I was hoping for a slight subversion with "Anti-Monitor... you have failed!"

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
I find it really odd that they used the crossover to fix the multiple earth thing but seemingly still set themselves up to have a completely different time period problem if they pick up the Arrow spin off

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i found it meh

I never care about all the shows being on the same earth so that's whatever for me

I like some moments but honestly this crossover could have been better

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm pretty psyched for the Arrow finale. They already gave Ollie a hell of a send off here, I imagine the final hour is going to be even better without all the... well, Crisis.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I appreciated how much attention they gave Sara in this. She is one of the pillars of the Arrowverse and I dont think her link to Ollie and Team Arrow get enough love so it was really nice to see. I did have to laugh though at Ollie being her last link to the girl she was before all this started even though her mother is still alive.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I appreciated how much attention they gave Sara in this. She is one of the pillars of the Arrowverse and I dont think her link to Ollie and Team Arrow get enough love so it was really nice to see. I did have to laugh though at Ollie being her last link to the girl she was before all this started even though her mother is still alive.

I especially liked the Sara/Barry scenes, it'll be cool if they end up being a major badass duo to replace Barry and Oliver.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Although I liked that they were trying to do, I laughed my ass off at Barry unveiling a table and some gamer chairs and then the weird slow motion shots of everyone formally sitting there.

I lost it at Barry clasping his hands awkwardly like he was at a job interview.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That was fucking amazing

The stuff CW manage to do with their budget is magic

Pure fanservice 😭

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Satisfying conclusion. The quarry fight wasn't the best but the final battle looked pretty cool. They did the best they could with budget constraints. I was hoping for a better Monitor/Anti-Monitor backstory than what we got. The Ezra Miller cameo would have been a genuine holy crap moment if an IGN headline hadn't spoiled it for me while I was browsing something unrelated on the forums :( Can't believe they pulled that off, though. It was funny how they then wiped the DCEU out of Arrowverse existence LOL.

I like that Diggle now has his son and daughter. Looks like they tied down Jon Cryer to a longer contract than expected. I hope Lex shows up on both Super shows. The last 10 minutes was a good way of acknowledging other DCTV shows without having to do extra filming.

The Earths got merged as expected. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I preferred Supergirl and BL being separate. Was there a National City on Earth-1 before and if not did it take the place of another city?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I like that Diggle now has his son and daughter. Looks like they tied down Jon Cryer to a longer contract than expected. I hope Lex shows up on both Super shows. The last 10 minutes was a good way of acknowledging other DCTV shows without having to do extra filming.
I think Cryer is at a time in his career where he has earned enough money and is now relieved at a chance of doing something refreshing after being typecast so long as the goofy one.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does Cisco still have his Vibe powers? Wouldn't they all know the multiverse lives again almost immediately?

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Man, Legends was the absolute best way to end this. Loved everything about this episode. The banter between everyone when they're happy is too much fun. Love happy hero moments.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The bit with DCEU Barry was interesting. I'm sure it'll never be brought up again but you could almost assume that the DCEU isn't in the same multiverse as the Arrowverse one as Barry said that it shouldn't be possible anymore.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The bit with DCEU Barry was interesting. I'm sure it'll never be brought up again but you could almost assume that the DCEU isn't in the same multiverse as the Arrowverse one as Barry said that it shouldn't be possible anymore.
"It shouldn't be possible anymore" was likely in reference to Crisis fucking everything up. If I had to guess, the DCEU is probably Earth-1.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yes exactly, Crisis fucked everything up but somehow DCEU Barry still existed even though at that point the multiverse was gone.
The only explanation I can think of is that DCEU Barry entered the Speed Force before his Earth got Crisis'd. But now I'd imagine that the DCEU is Earth-1 (the Arrowverse is Earth-Prime), with Earth-2 having Stargirl/Jessie Quick/Current Laurel/Harry/etc. in/from it.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The only explanation I can think of is that DCEU Barry entered the Speed Force before his Earth got Crisis'd. But now I'd imagine that the DCEU is Earth-1 (the Arrowverse is Earth-Prime), with Earth-2 having Stargirl/Jessie Quick/Current Laurel/Harry/etc. in/from it.

Yeah possibly. One thing I'll say though is that multiple multiverses in a thing in the comics as it's how the DC/Marvel crossover was explained.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Cisco still have his Vibe powers? Wouldn't they all know the multiverse lives again almost immediately?
I'm gonna assume he doesn't have his powers for now but could be wrong. Also I'm just gonna assume that J'onn restored the memories of all the cast members of the shows that at least knew of Crisis but wasn't in the finale like Iris, Joe, Lena, Laurel, and maybe Wally

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also one thing about the moment of silence at the end they could of had a shot of Jefferson and his family I mean that's something that could of been filmed no problem but I can see it as them not showing him due to not knowing him at all.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So, on the new earth, did the "Flash Disappears in Crisis" article never exist, or was Iris up all night hurriedly writing a new article?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen episodes 4 and 5 yet but I saw the Ezra scene on YouTube. I first saw the thumbnail with Ezra Flash and was like, "This look fake as shit."

Then I watched it and it was not fake as shit.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
iTunes finally added Part 4 so I am all caught up.

I honestly enjoyed that more than Endgame. It had a nice coda/finale, let us know the new norm and was just enjoyable throughout. Very ambitious, stumbled a little, but majorly satisfying payoff