• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
What about Superman (Tyler Hoechlin)? It looked like that he did not know he had now two sons when he was talking on the phone with Lois.
Memory overload from J'ohn giving him pre Crisis memories back? Probably too much information to process between Earth Prime memories and the memories J'ohn gave back.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Crisis on Earth X is still the best crossover. That crossover is perfect though, and has set such a high bar that no Beeboverse crossover will ever be able to beat.

Overall, I'll say Crisis on Infinite Earths was underwhelming, but the importance of Crisis was always how it would shake up the shows than it was about the actual crossover. Episode 5 is the best of the 5 for me due to that, as it showed the status quo pretty well.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I'll say Crisis on Infinite Earths was underwhelming, but the importance of Crisis was always how it would shake up the shows than it was about the actual crossover.

It had the potential to nail both, but sadly it did not. Which I wouldn't be so hard on if it weren't for all the build up this crossover got. Hell, I would've forgiven a lot of stuff if there was at least more banter among the heroes that don't normally get together.

Crisis on Earth X is still the best crossover. That crossover is perfect though, and has set such a high bar that no Beeboverse crossover will ever be able to beat.

I have accepted this truth.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
It had the potential to nail both, but sadly it did not. Which I wouldn't be so hard on if it weren't for all the build up this crossover got. Hell, I would've forgiven a lot of stuff if there was at least more banter among the heroes that don't normally get together.

I have accepted this truth.
Sara and Barry having a heart to heart was one of my favorite parts because they've barely interacted before.

I feel like my biggest issue was there being very little Legends representation.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sara and Barry having a heart to heart was one of my favorite parts because they've barely interacted before.

I feel like my biggest issue was there being very little Legends representation.

Yea it's usually Sara and Oliver as far as the "leads" go. Has she even talked to Kara, like just the two of them?

Legends representation is always an issue, too many of them are actual heroes, so it always sticks out like a sore thumb when they're not a part of it. At least they've gotten good meta jokes out of it, the best being from last season. At the same time, it's kind of a bad look (Well, if you wanted to take it seriously anyways) that they don't do all they can to help out when the world or whatever is in danger.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Elsewhere on the CW a character reacted to the end of the Crisis on Infinite Earths GN with "Lame!". 🤣

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"See you next Crisis."

Barry:
giphy.gif

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
What if Nash Wells would have been replaced by Reverse Flash for that part in crossover?

Would it have been better for people asking for Reverse Flash?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i dont understand why everyone was pissed with Nash when it was already revealed that he wasnt the one who brought the Anti-Monitor to the multiverse

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
i dont understand why everyone was pissed with Nash when it was already revealed that he wasnt the one who brought the Anti-Monitor to the multiverse

the implication is that he was mainly contained, and the door that Nash opened trying to kill the Monitor was actually the last thing holding the Anti Monitor back.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Now Gambi can hold work shops for Cisco and Smoak on how to be good tech support for a superhero.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What if Nash Wells would have been replaced by Reverse Flash for that part in crossover?

Would it have been better for people asking for Reverse Flash?

Thawne would NEVER work as Pariah. Unless you mean specifically for part 5, and in that case I don't think it would make sense. Nash needs to face the reality of what his actions caused.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why did the Aunti Monitor look like the Monitor again?

Man, why do they always drop the ball so hard when it comes to villains in these crossovers?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why did the Aunti Monitor look like the Monitor again?

Man, why do they always drop the ball so hard when it comes to villains in these crossovers?

The insinuation was that Anti-Monitor is the antimatter universe's incarnation of the Monitor himself, generated when Mar Novu travelled there for the first time.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
So is "Why don't they call Supergirl/Superman?" going to be the "giant eagles" question of the Arrowverse now?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The insinuation was that Anti-Monitor is the antimatter universe's incarnation of the Monitor himself, generated when Mar Novu travelled there for the first time.
That's what I figured, but then you'd think there would be a bunch of anti-paragons running around...
So is "Why don't they call Supergirl/Superman?" going to be the "giant eagles" question of the Arrowverse now?
Barry being introduced to the Arrowverse was basically the same thing and it's never been an issue in any of the other shows.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Barry being introduced to the Arrowverse was basically the same thing and it's never been an issue in any of the other shows.

Yeah but when Barry tries to help too much he winds up breaking time & space, so I'm not too surprised other Arrowverse heroes are "Nah, we're good" to Barry helping out.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but when Barry tries to help too much he winds up breaking time & space, so I'm not too surprised other Arrowverse heroes are "Nah, we're good" to Barry helping out.
Barry's pretty competent as long as he's not in his own show. And snark aside, comics deal with this issue all the time by ignoring it for the most part, and it works.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still laughing at Barry and Kara all going, "woah our Earth's merged!" While everybody else is still adjusting to their new lives and the death of Ollie 😆

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No, please. The last thing these crossovers need is more evil doppelgangers. Give us some quality villains for a change!

I wouldn't mind an antimatter Luthor popping up in Supergirl at one point and turning out to be a legitimately good guy that no one trusts because he's

oh god I just figured out the twist for Sunday's episode, didn't I.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Thawne would NEVER work as Pariah. Unless you mean specifically for part 5, and in that case I don't think it would make sense. Nash needs to face the reality of what his actions caused.
What about Nash Wells / Pariah is still there, but he was manipulated by Reverse Flash in a way to do almost the same thing?

- Reverse Flash learns somehow about The Monitor and The Anti-Monitor.
- Reverse Flash decides if he can't win against The Flash, then The Flash should not be able to win against him too, so Reverse Flash wants The Anti-Monitor to be released and the multiverse to be destroyed.
- Reverse Flash recruits and manipulates Nash Wells / Pariah to do almost everything he already did.
- Reverse Flash or Nash Wells / Pariah releases the Anti-Monitor.
- Crisis on Infinite Earths happens.
- New multiverse happens.
- Nash Wells / Pariah is still there, as well as Reverse Flash.
- The Flash tells Reverse Flash: "We are still there. Your plan have failed, Thawne. We have succeeded to beat you once again!"
- Reverse Flash replies: "Well, I had to try... We'll meet again Allen. We'll meet again soon enough."
- Reverse Flash runs away and disappears.

Would it have make more sense for people that kept asking about Reverse Flash to be seen in Crisis on Infinite Earths?