• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
TheDanLaBatardShow_2_288x162.jpg

In honor of the new deal with ESPN, here is ResetEra's Dan Le Batard Show OT!

WHAT IS THE DAN LE BATARD SHOW WITH STUGOTZ?

ESPN show description said:
Dan Le Batard and Stugotz bring their unique blend of self-deprecating humor, insightful guests and thoughtful conversation to a national audience from Miami Beach's Clevelander Hotel. Rotating guest co-hosts, including Miami Herald writer Greg Cote, provide listeners with a different experience each day.

I like to describe the Le Batard show as the anti-sports sports show, with Stugotz as the hot-take artist extraordinaire. While the show does cover the big sports topics, more often than not the discussion is about pop culture or the attractiveness of various men.

HOSTS

dlb.jpg

Dan Le Batard

Dan Le Batard is an American newspaper sportswriter, radio host, and television reporter based in Miami, Florida. He is best known for his work with ESPN, and for his hometown paper, the Miami Herald, for which he wrote from 1990 to 2016. In addition to his radio show, he also hosts ESPN's Highly Questionable with his father, Papi.

d23rt.jpg

Jon "Stugotz" Weiner

Jon Weiner, known professionally as Stugotz, is an American sports talk radio host based in Miami, Florida. He is best known for his work on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz on ESPN Radio, where he is the co-host and sidekick to Miami sports journalist Dan Le Batard. He also hosts the weekly ESPN Radio show Weekend Observations with Mike Golic Jr.

THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

screen-shot-2018-03-07-at-4-03-31-pm.png

Mike Ryan, executive producer

Roy Bellamy, producer

Le-Batard-Show-footrace-832x447.jpg

^Billy "Guillermo" Gil, producer

Chris "Fats and Info" Cote, producer

Allyson Turner, show booker

GREG COTE

j4zv76hi06k01.png

Greg Cote, Tuesday co-host

Greg Cote is a sports columnist for the Miami Herald (#clicksforcote). He is also the father of Chris, and appears on the show every Tuesday.

SELECTED FRIENDS OF THE SHOW

images

Tim "Tom" Kurkjian

hp5le6vhhio01.jpg

Mina Kimes

maxresdefault.jpg

Ron Magill (Zoo Miami)

images

Adnan Virk

maxresdefault.jpg

Domonique Foxworth

Screen-Shot-2018-06-13-at-1.15.31-PM-1024x550.png

Amin Elhassan

Marty "Party" Smith
NBA insider Adam Schefter

Where can I listen to/watch the Dan Le Batard Show?

The show is broadcast nationally weekdays from 10 am to 1 PM on various ESPN Radio affiliates, as well as a simulcast on ESPNEWS. In addition, there is a local hour on Miami's 790 The Ticket from 9-10 am. All hours of the show, including the local hour and a best-of, can be downloaded in podcast form wherever you get your podcasts.

RESOURCES

Regular segments guide

Twitter feed (aka where the polls go)

Show subreddit

"Do You Get the Show?- ESPN's Dan Le Batard built a sports-talk empire by talking about sports as little as possible"- This Slate article is by Parks & Rec creator Mike Schur, who did a fantastic write-up on the show back in April. It's well worth the read.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The OT is obviously incomplete- it's a first draft really that I just wanted to get out there and get feedback on, especially since the show is on vacation this week. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!

Since it is a year-round show, I felt hangouts would be appropriate. Hopefully it will get a community spotlight though sometime in the next few weeks.

Irate

Oct 25, 2017
My god is the show bad when Dan and Stu aren't in. I'd rather have Mike and Billy host than the guest hosts, which is funny because I like them as guests when Dan and Stu are in. You just can't recreate the magic.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
My god is the show bad when Dan and Stu aren't in. I'd rather have Mike and Billy host than the guest hosts, which is funny because I like them as guests when Dan and Stu are in. You just can't recreate the magic.

I thought Mina and Amin were fine Monday, though having Mike constantly interject about the need to talk about LeBron got annoying. I'm bummed we didn't hear Mina's top 10 hottest QBs list.

Didn't even bother listening Tuesday, as I don't care for any member of the Golic family.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody forgot to turn the AC on today. Mina kept playing with hair looking like she was hot in there.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
"The dislike us because they aren't us."

That Pipo rant yesterday was so good. And the Alec Baldwin as Trump cameo today had me in tears.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Do people outside Miami find Pipo funny? Cause I am dying today with the Pipo show, best character in a while. It's so accurate, it's perfect.

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Pipo is hilarious, tho tbh nothing can match the first time he appeard i was just howling in laughter. When he called into the Paul Finebaum show xD "oye Pablito whats good bro" still laughing at it. Have not heard todays show, downlaoded the podcast, ready to laugh hard at the pipo segment

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Do people outside Miami find Pipo funny? Cause I am dying today with the Pipo show, best character in a while. It's so accurate, it's perfect.

Pipo is the best character Billy has ever done, and top 5 for the show.

Yeah Pipo is hilarious, tho tbh nothing can match the first time he appeard i was just howling in laughter. When he called into the Paul Finebaum show xD "oye Pablito whats good bro" still laughing at it. Have not heard todays show, downlaoded the podcast, ready to laugh hard at the pipo segment

Make sure you listen to the local hour.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
"Was he dope?"

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Legler's 9 Days Till Halloween Spooktacular Boonanza segments were money this morning. The man goes all out.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I'm catching up on random days I didn't listen for over the past month, and I just listened to the compiler bit from a Cote Tuesday a few weeks back. Any compiler talk always cracks me up because of the consistent hate for Cal Ripken and Emmett Smith.