• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone going to try to get tickets for the live show tomorrow?

Did you get any?

Honestly while the live show idea is cool I know its only gonna hit places like NY or in the future Chicago or LA.

I liked the Mas Miami stuff cause it fit with the show. Them doing a random show in say LA does nothing for me.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Corporate Michael was mostly okay, funny even, it just seemed like he/they leaned into it too much, if that makes sense.

Their 'characters' (Surfer Hockey Guy, the Angel/Demon, even Pipo) never seemed to take on more than one or two segments per show, but Corporate Michael just seemed to be on all the time (plus that also meant no other ridiculous Mike Ryan characters could happen).

The only character I could take all show is Stugotz but hey, he's the realest person in that studio.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
He's a needed part of the show, but I also think the show is worse when he dominates it.

I prefer the Billy overload shows to the Mike ones.

I like Billy but the contrarian overload act can get on my nerves

I mean, none of this is as annoying as when Hoch was still running the show and we had the "me first?" shit for like 3+ months

The only character I could take all show is Stugotz but hey, he's the realest person in that studio.

You want a show of him just doing his Durant take for 3 hours?

Schw7abe

Oct 28, 2017
Go walk into the ocean!

Work has been busy for a few months so I've only been consistently listening to the local hour. That's probably skewing my perception.

The majority of the Mike I've heard in that time is heat homer, crazy canes fan, and LeBron's legacy is tarnished.

I'm going to start skipping the local hour except when Sampson is on.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
You want a show of him just doing his Durant take for 3 hours?

Kind of...I did enjoy the Weekend Observations show he had with MGJ. :)

But that goes back to my point of Corporate Michael being forced all show long, whereas Stugotz, as consistently inconsistent as he is, isn't just taking over all the time. He picks his spots and goes full Stugotz when he has to (complaining about KD, soccer is dead) but Lebatard comes in and mixes things up so we do get sidekick Stugotz (including basically no Gotz on race talk) amongst him main eventing with Biiiiiig Joe Harper and the NBA Spelling Bee.

I love basically all their bits but I stay for the whole show cause they're not just one thing for 4 hours. But if one bit had to full time a la Cowherd, I go with Stu, as long as the Shipping Container is producing that show.

Which is basically his podcast. Which, by the way, based on that (and when he had to do the 6-7 pm hour (I think) back in the day without Dan), he's way too lazy to helm a show by himself, so I'm always wanting more KD and Personal Record Book talk ha

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of...I did enjoy the Weekend Observations show he had with MGJ. :)

But that goes back to my point of Corporate Michael being forced all show long, whereas Stugotz, as consistently inconsistent as he is, isn't just taking over all the time. He picks his spots and goes full Stugotz when he has to (complaining about KD, soccer is dead) but Lebatard comes in and mixes things up so we do get sidekick Stugotz (including basically no Gotz on race talk) amongst him main eventing with Biiiiiig Joe Harper and the NBA Spelling Bee.

I love basically all their bits but I stay for the whole show cause they're not just one thing for 4 hours. But if one bit had to full time a la Cowherd, I go with Stu, as long as the Shipping Container is producing that show.

Which is basically his podcast. Which, by the way, based on that (and when he had to do the 6-7 pm hour (I think) back in the day without Dan), he's way too lazy to helm a show by himself, so I'm always wanting more KD and Personal Record Book talk ha
To each their own! Anytime Dan is out I skip the episode, I like Stu in small doses but even when hes out Guillermo already does his schtick like 80 percent there anyways

Oct 27, 2017
The corporate Michael week was annoying and didn't work. Otherwise I agree with you.
Yep, that was a week's worth of unlistenable shows for me. Dirty Demon is always great though.
To each their own! Anytime Dan is out I skip the episode, I like Stu in small doses but even when hes out Guillermo already does his schtick like 80 percent there anyways

Yep. If Dan isn't around, I can't stand the show. Stu is everything I detest about sports radio. Part of it is a gag, but a huge chunk of it is him. It's who he was before Dan. My favorite episodes are when Stu is gone and Billy pretends to be him.

Oct 25, 2017
Lebatard used to do a ton of race talk until new leadership took over ESPN. Glad to see him double middle finger them and go in on trump and ESPN's shitty policy

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Le Batard talks about these issues from time to time. He did a hell of a lot more of it before ESPN took over. But I what I loved the most was how the show ended with Greg Popovich's quote: "We live in a racist country". I love it.

Just piss off all the sports fans who constantly bitch about race in their sports.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Le Batard is unfortunately likely to get reprimanded for that because ESPN is ran by cowards, but he definitely said what needed to be said.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Thank God the Magic Crate of Content was with Mike in Fort Wayne. Dan said what needed to be said.

Inb4 he gets sent on vacation.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ESPN is complicit with Trump's rhetoric in my eyes for wanting to side setup obvious racist behavior and remarks.

#SorryNotSorry

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
After his talks with the president of ESPN, Dan decided not to do the radio show today.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
After his talks with the president of ESPN, Dan decided not to do the radio show today.

chsk08eaevb31.jpg

Mike's reaction.

I saw this elsewhere but I think Corporate Daniel tomorrow would be a good response.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dan and Bomani are the only ESPN people I actively listen to so Im rooting big time for him on this. He said what needed to be said and he has my respect.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At some point this is gonna flip back on ESPN.

I know they went to the no politics angle after hearing all the heat from the right dude bros saying stick to sports.

Not allowing comments like Dan's will eventually blow back on them. Not in a huge way, but considering all the cord cutting as it is I'm not sure ESPN can afford to look like they have a history of cutting people calling this out.

Getting rid of Hill was one thing, but a pattern of getting rid of people makes this a bigger bad look IMO.

Schw7abe

Oct 28, 2017
If Dan gets fired, I'm assuming everyone else on the show still have contacts to honor. At least Stu.