• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I really think Dan "gets away with it" if he doesn't criticize ESPN during his rant. It's a slow time of the year and he didn't say anything controversial, but god forbid you go after the mothership.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think Dan "gets away with it" if he doesn't criticize ESPN during his rant. It's a slow time of the year and he didn't say anything controversial, but god forbid you go after the mothership.

Don't disagree, but it also appears that ESPN is complicit due to the people they have let go over the last few years.

In my skewed opinion at least.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
While I don't expect ESPN to fire Dan...yet, still could happen.

I would have to think that ESPN knows that many media networks want Dan badly, I could see Sirius go hard for him. Needs the shipping container for it to work.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
If they fire Dan that'd be the weakest fucking move ever. ESPN wants to have a diverse of on-air talent but will cut them off the second they step out of line. Fuck that company so much. I'll never forget what they did to Jemele.

Despite the fact that I barely watch sports anymore, I still listen everyday just because it's so goddamn good and unlike anything else in media. I've been a diehard for 4-5 years now and I'd straight up pay 10 bucks a month to any service just to listen to his show. If Dan gets fired/leaves and then decides to retired, I'd be crushed.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Dan could go work at DAZN for Skipper again. I'm sure he wouldn't disappear. It would make all those jokes about the ESPN people that left for FOX Sports 1 awkward though. ESPN will take the opportunity to shove Will Cain down more people's throats.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Dan could go work at DAZN for Skipper again. I'm sure he wouldn't disappear. It would make all those jokes about the ESPN people that left for FOX Sports 1 awkward though. ESPN will take the opportunity to shove Will Cain down more people's throats.

Dan knows his largest possible audience is being on the ESPN platforms, but if he can't say anything as mundane as what he said last week, what is even the point?

Getting chills at the thought of Will Cain taking over the primetime morning slot. Dan shitting on the dumb guitar riff that his promo music has is one of my favorite DLS bits.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Bill Simmons was most likely right. There's no way this ends with Dan still at ESPN. And Dan will be proven right as well when he said time and time again that he could leave and ESPN would fill his time slot immediately with another show that will dominate that slot. I love Dan for his inability to just shut up and take it. He dunked on conservatives last week, and it was glorious.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
All here for Dan and I don't think/hope he gets fired but in the case of Jemele - she wasn't fired. Her contract was up and they both mutually agreed it wasn't for the best.

She is now more free to do what she always wanted to.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Simmons gives them a podcast so the Dan and Stu can do the show they want to do.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
Just like I thought would happen.

ESPN has limits and even Dan LeBatard is not immune to them. But they realize what he brings to the platform and how America seems to resonate with him. Dan didn't push enough to warrant being fired (he should push as hard as he can as far I am concerned).

Super glad to see he'll be back Monday, I've been listening for almost 10 years now, he's integral to my daily listening.

It's actually amazing to see how far this show has come.

Also, pretty sure Mike Ryan has had multiple heart attacks over the past few days, he can relax for the moment at least.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
If Dan ever got canned they all walk right? The show existed just fine before ESPN, I've always seen in as them simply airing our local show, so if they want to get rid of Dan fine, we go right back to our Miami show, though I am sure every other major network will want him on. But with contracts I wonder how that will work, I just don't see them ever splitting apart.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yall didnt even post the best article.

They have an inside source. Wonder who that could be?

img_20190725_19553565kd0.jpg

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grid of death is what I love the most.

Everything about it.

Mike making up the rules. Billy always getting screwed. Stugotz rummaging and then trying to cheat with fake helmets. Cote not having Venmo so nobody can pay or get paid by him. Alyson constantly failing as the reaper. Dan saying getting a team like the bills literally ruins his whole weeekend.

It's just glorious. That's not even counting the punishments.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Shakeup at The Ticket and the show is moving to WQAM. The local hour seems to be dead at least in live radio. But the only good that will come from this is the potential for a Hoch reunion. Bring back Sports Comic and I Gotta Tell Ya!

Just make sure Hoch goes first.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Listening to the local hour today made me realize how much I enjoy it. I don't know what I'd do without Wake and Take and Mike Ryan's awful homer ramblings that inevitably end up being wrong.

The local hour and Mike homerism gave us Pipo, for which I will forever be grateful.

Pipo is a top 3 show character.