• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, not surprising. A shame, but at least we got that first season. I guess the official canon remains that all the mains from the show got murdered.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I figured it would have gotten a second season...if only because it should be far cheaper to produce due to the upfront costs of creating the puppets/ sets the first time around.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Inside Netflix’s Surprising TV Chief Shake-Up

The ouster of longtime exec Cindy Holland to promote Bela Bajaria arrives as co-CEO Ted Sarandos aims to increase its focus on global expansion.

"The buck stops with Ted but I'm sure he will try to blame Cindy," a person with ties to Netflix says of the talent spending spree. Holland also, per sources, delivered a series of pricey misses including The Dark Crystal (an "expensive disappointment," per one source connected to the streamer).

HhhhhmmmMMMMMmmmmm
Honestly, while I am deeply grateful Netflix threw absurd amounts of money at this, I still don't really understand how it happened in the first place. I didn't expect more. I didn't expect *any*.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I figured it would have gotten a second season...if only because it should be far cheaper to produce due to the upfront costs of creating the puppets/ sets the first time around.

This is what strikes me. It seems to me a second season would be much cheaper to produce.

Does anyone have info about the Netflix deal? Is it something that could be shopped around to other services, or does Netflix have this on lock?

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
This show was the most beautiful and entertaining "expensive disappointment" I had the pleasure to enjoy in a long time, so I can only thank Cindy Holland or whoever it was for what little is there.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, while I am deeply grateful Netflix threw absurd amounts of money at this, I still don't really understand how it happened in the first place. I didn't expect more. I didn't expect *any*.

^^^

The fact that the first season was greenlit at all is honestly m i n d - b o g g l i n g

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
Disappointment is such an odd word to use with this show. Disappointing it didn't reach a wider audience. And the show should have gotten more recognition for everything it brought.
What a production. Outstanding cast that really put their talent into it too. Success in every other way. It'll remain a cult classic to be revived again after many trine. For now we have our orreries for more stories.