• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Hopefully the title isnt seen as a spoiler to House of Ashes, but if you want to play it and dont want to be spoiled about whats next then this is the warning.

Seems that in the end of House of Ashes there is a teaser trailer to the "Season Finale" named "The Devil in Me", this is the 4th chapter in the anthology, and I believe there was an article detailing that they have signed a few more games in this franchise but I cannot find the source for that right now.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Is that Brian Bloom?

Well, either way, I want to play these games with my friends. I know the second one got less than stellar reception from some people, but they seem like a decent time.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Oh so it's the season one finale.

I initially inferred from the thread title that they were cutting the series short but it seems like they will be continuing through for the full eight-game contract.

Interesting!

c bweezie

Jan 8, 2020
Hopefully the title isnt seen as a spoiler to House of Ashes, but if you want to play it and dont want to be spoiled about whats next then this is the warning.

Seems that in the end of House of Ashes there is a teaser trailer to the "Season Finale" named "The Devil in Me", this is the 4th chapter in the anthology, and I believe there was an article detailing that they have signed a few more games in this franchise but I cannot find the source for that right now.

I appreciate the warning, and personally don't care about knowing the teaser, but it's hardly a warning if the thread title is the spoiler ...

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I appreciate the warning, and personally don't care about knowing the teaser, but it's hardly a warning if the thread title is the spoiler ...
Yea, I wasnt sure of how to do it right, so I hoped that just the title and it being a season finale without the mention that it is something being shown in the game itself with footage would be enough.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
I believe the original plan was 8 titles?
I assumed the games might not have been doing/ selling well, but as someone else mentioned, that thankfully isn't the case.
Im just going to take a shot in the dark and say it's end of season 1, probably because they going to take a break to work on other stuff and come back to it, so after this the next title might not release a year apart?

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hated the first two. Are the better in multiplayer? They just feel so sloppy and disjointed. I hate that Until Dawn continues to feel like a fluke.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda hated the first two. Are the better in multiplayer? They just feel so sloppy and disjointed. I hate that Until Dawn continues to feel like a fluke.
I actually really don't like these games in multiplayer. They aren't split screen, so you have no idea what's happening on your partners side as you often get split up and are doing completely unrelated things. So the whole time became my friend and I explaining to each other what was happening on our respective sides.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Supermassive did say on Reddit in the last month that they are still planning 8 games and they have teams working on 4, 5 and 6 already.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Jigsaw this time.

Supermassive is making great job. If you haven't played it yet, you should absolutely experience these games.

I want the fifth game to be an Alien-style space horror game. It would be awesome.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there'll be any actual difference in the future games to separate the different seasons or if its just a branding thing.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The anthology model has been pretty fun as they can really explore wildly different settings. I kinda wish though that there was also a bit more experimentation on the gameplay side

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I applaud what they're doing and I wish more studios would do this smaller games and shorter releases re-using assets. I liked Man of Medan. It was not on the same level as Until Dawn but it was very entertaining playing with friends. I skipped little hope because other stuff got in the way, but house of ashes seems more interesting.

Nov 2, 2018
Have they fixed movie mode or whatever its called this time?

The mode where you select characters to play as with a ground of friends…

But spoilers, a character always dies almost immediately.

And sometimes other players are randomly given control of your characters in life and death situations.

And the ratio of playtime between characters is all over the place.

It's an incredibly frustrating experience.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

And sometimes other players are randomly given control of your characters in life and death situations.

The game isn't balanced around it and it was them basically throwing a bone to people who played their games this way in the past. I wouldn't expect it to improve a whole lot since the game is in no way designed around it (nor should it be).

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
These games are fun to play with friends.

Haha this is all very true

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if there will be any meaningful differences between season 1 and 2. Maybe a year off in between?

Nov 2, 2018
The game isn't balanced around it and it was them basically throwing a bone to people who played their games this way in the past. I wouldn't expect it to improve a whole lot since the game is in no way designed around it (nor should it be).

Well they should take it out and stop marketing the feature to sell the game then because it's trash.

Make it a pure single player again, and even better make the stories engaging like Until Dawn was while they're at it…

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well they should take it out and stop marketing the feature to sell the game then because it's trash.

Make it a pure single player again, and even better make the stories engaging like Until Dawn was while they're at it…
They ain't gonna take it out cus the people who know what it is enjoy it as such. The later part is subjective so not much they can do for you there.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
The thing with these games compared to Until Dawn is that they are so much shorter that there's no time to get to know any of the characters before the deaths start, so you just don't care about them. They feel like disposable caricatures.
Until Dawn was so great because of the build up to the action, it made losing a character feel more significant.
Also the endings for both of the newer games felt a bit rushed, and if they pull another ending twist like the last one I'll be super disappointed

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The thing with these games compared to Until Dawn is that they are so much shorter that there's no time to get to know any of the characters before the deaths start, so you just don't care about them. They feel like disposable caricatures.
Until Dawn was so great because of the build up to the action, it made losing a character feel more significant.
Also the endings for both of the newer games felt a bit rushed, and if they pull another ending twist like the last one I'll be super disappointed
Until Dawn is so good.
I hated every single one of them at first, than I loved them all by the end.
It's so great.

tumblr_ot2qwlntql1v9c4ufo2_1280.gif

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping they keep making these long enough to get around to cosmic horror.

Lost Hope? It's good right up until the very end, where it becomes offensively bad.
I liked it more than the first one but I'm in the minority on this one.

Seems a bit mixed on it lol
I thought man of medan was just ok, It probably suffered from misplaced expectations on my part thinking it would be until dawn 2 (in terms of scope).

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Seems a bit mixed on it lol
I thought man of medan was just ok, It probably suffered from misplaced expectations on my part thinking it would be until dawn 2 (in terms of scope).

Full disclosure, I actually enjoyed playing Little Hope far more than Man of Medan. Little Hope's premise and style was more in my wheelhouse, and the monster designs are actually pretty cool and well thought-out. It was fun and even intriguing up until the very last moment, when the game abruptly tripped and dropped its chili all over the floor.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Yay can't wait to finish this one and find out
there are no actual monsters or supernatural elements at all and it was just hallucinations or some shit.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They probably have at least 3 games signed on. As in one of the titles where he's pulling out the books the games are based on I think there was a total of 7!

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Season split is probably due to Covid. This one was likely far enough along to finish up, with the next one having to get delayed. But I could be wrong and it could still come out next Halloween.

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
I played Man of Medan and though it was a sizable step down from Until Dawn. I might give the others a go but have been waiting for them to all come out and be put in a collection.