• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Using rhetoric associated with a hate movement.
The truth is, to many Americans, Trump is just an incumbent President that is presiding over a growing economy. That growth started under Obama, but that distinction isn't going to matter to them. Iowa turnout was up in the burbs and the city, but down everywhere else.

The way things are going now, is that we'll win a big popular vote margin, but lose in the general because rural people decided to stay home or side with Trump. If nothing changes between now and then, he's gonna win again. I can't even imagine a scandal sinking him that doesn't involve child predation, because literally nothing else has worked.

Either the economy goes to hell, Trump pulls a Milo and crosses the one line even conservatives have, or it's 4 more years of Trump. This was "black pill" that was tough to take, but it seems true.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black pill? Lol

Yeah its a 50/50 right now for the election, although im leaning for a Trump win.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Lower rural turnout means democrats win big my dude
Almost important not to worry too much about Iowa which is a small state that ultimately means very little

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
do you seriously think that a hypothetical child predation is going to stop trump? he will say "i did it bigly" and people will applaud him.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truth is, to many Americans, Trump is just an incumbent President that is presiding over a growing economy. That growth started under Obama, but that distinction isn't going to matter to them. Iowa turnout was up in the burbs and the city, but down everywhere else.

The way things are going now, is that we'll win a big popular vote margin, but lose in the general because rural people decided to stay home or side with Trump. If nothing changes between now and then, he's gonna win again. I can't even imagine a scandal sinking him that doesn't involve child predation, because literally nothing else has worked.

Either the economy goes to hell, Trump pulls a Milo and crosses the one line even conservatives have, or it's 4 more years of Trump. This was "black pill" that was tough to take, but it seems true.
I don't know if you know this, but only one party ran a contested caucus.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying it for a while, but Trump is not going to lose of the economy stays doing great. Incumbents with great economies simply do not lose without some sort of scandal, and Trump has been proven to be nearly immune to scandals.

when we get into General election season, Trump is gonna run a shit ton of ads about how great the economy has been under him.

and it's gonna work.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Lower rural turnout means democrats win big my dude
Almost important not to worry too much about Iowa which is a small state that ultimately means very little
Wait, doesn't OP mean turnout compared to previous Iowa caucus was lower? Because that still means less Democratic voters overall, Republican turnout has nothing to do with the caucus.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Yup, I really think that's the one thing conservatives would turn on him for. That and that alone. Do you remember what sunk Milo Yiannopowhatever?

I'd remind you of Roy Moore almost winning while having credible accusations of exactly this. Don't bank on it.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying it for a while, but Trump is not going to lose of the economy stays doing great. Incumbents with great economies simply do not lose without some sort of scandal, and Trump has been proven to be nearly immune to scandals.

Trump is literally a scandal. His numbers right now with this economy are horrible. He's historically unpopular relative to the performance of the economy.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
You know what I'm going to be optimistic about the election. A lot of people in my life are kinda resigned to captain shit stain winning but I'm not. A lot of independents are gonna turn on him. I think the midterms were a signal. Plus it's always the douchiest douches who scream the loudest. OG GW lost after his first election. Maybe Bernie or Warren can play the clarinet on conan

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The dark truth about the 2020 election is that the outcome will be put into question regardless of who wins, so the legitimacy of the results will bring us into a new chapter in American politics.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He'll probably cheat, Russia will probably influence. If by some miracle Dems do win, Trump won't "accept" it and then the real Dark Souls of constitutional crises will begin.

It's not his decision. He can't do anything about it if he loses. Inauguration day he stops being president no matter what.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
It's too early to predict anything with this guy but I am sure he will do some stupid fucking shit in the next 10 months.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I'm going to be optimistic about the election. A lot of people in my life are kinda resigned to captain shit stain winning but I'm not. A lot of independents are gonna turn on him. I think the midterms were a signal. Plus it's always the douchiest douches who scream the loudest. OG GW lost after his first election. Maybe Bernie or Warren can play the clarinet on conan
The Midterms are never a signal. In 2010 Republicans washed the Democrats in the midterms, yet the Dems still won the White House and regained the Senate 2 years later. The opposition party just tends to have a higher midterm turnout.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I needed some excuse to not spend time voting in November, or thinking about anything of consequence, and this is just perfect

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is literally a scandal. His numbers right now with this economy are horrible. He's historically unpopular relative to the performance of the economy.
His approval ratings have been steadily rising the past couple of months (it's actually right at 50% now) as we near election season.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
There is a wild disconnect in this thread about the economy and rural voters. The average working/middle class person has not felt a tangible improvement in their economic lives, and in some cases like with rural economies/individuals dependent on agriculture things have gotten markedly worse.

It is "doing well" among investors and traders but even then it has been crazy volatile.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Also policy largely don't matter. It's all about personality at this point.

You need to command the cameras like Trump does and not fall for his traps.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To slighltly less historic lows relative to the economy.
50% approval rating seemed like an impossibility for him just a few months ago, yet here we are.

Republicans as a whole actually have a higher approval rating than Democrats. The impeachment has ended up backfiring politically big time.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Challenge the results in the Supreme Court?

The only thing that he could possibly challenge the results on would be whether or not a recount should happen.

The White House isn't the one that certifies the results, it's the States. If it's within a margin for recount and a Dem wins, you can bet Trump will call for a recount in every state where that happens.

If not though, there's pretty much no case he can make.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Yup, I really think that's the one thing conservatives would turn on him for. That and that alone. Do you remember what sunk Milo Yiannopowhatever?
no because no one that matters believes he's done anything bad and even if they see it with their own eyes they won't believe it. we actually live in hell right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.