• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i think that is a reference to the trailer, not necessarily "crunching themselves to death"

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure they are crunching like almost every other AAA studio, but I think this refers to the trailer mentioned Hades. Also, they probably have been crunching for a while now.

Aine

May 27, 2019
This is why you take the time to review your tweet before posting, folks.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure this is a reference to the game and working harder than ever, not specifically crunch.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think that is a reference to the trailer, not necessarily "crunching themselves to death"

Doesn't matter, people need something to hate on Kojima for, now that he's set to complete the game ahead of everyone's expectations and can't be criticised for flying too much or posting pics on Instagram instead of making the game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima is a genius game maker, but he does seem to operate a little outside of reality.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
I think it's normal to have a lot more work to do with a deadline approaching, I think their works is going to be more slow and relaxed after the release date. Sometimes this crunch stuff become just dull rethoric.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't matter, people need something to hate on Kojima for, now that he's set to complete the game ahead of everyone's expectations and can't be criticised for flying too much or posting pics on Instagram instead of making the game.
You might wanna relax.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I think at this point we can expect crunch from every AAA developer, with the exception of Ubisoft because they have thousands of developers working on every title.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's normal to have a lot more work to do with a deadline approaching, I think their works is going to be more slow and relaxed after the release date. Sometimes this crunch stuff become just dull rethoric.
I get crunch toward the end of the majority of my deadlines (web developer) and I'm freelance and manage my time well. It's not always a toxic thing.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does the luxury phase come before or after feeling ashamed for our words and deeds?

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand how frustrated are those who need to throw shit on Kojima for every single thing he does.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
How are you going to form an objective statement out of a extremely vague tweet like that

Oct 28, 2017
8Byy.gif

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Recently i'm really getting the feeling this year was the first time this forum has ever heard of crunch

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
That tweet made me cringe for several reasons, I hope his team will be able to maintain some sort of work/life balance.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand how frustrated are those who need to throw shit on Kojima for every single thing he does.
Ha, I'm chill but people's hate boner for Kojima is something else.
What hate? Which posts are you referring to?

Jun 4, 2018
There's literally nothing to read into here. He's said this during, like, every game's development for 30 years or whatever. It's a tough period for anyone-- that's by the nature of the profession, especially when he's got his fingerprints on every aspect of development. What game's finishing stages haven't proven to be a challenge, for anyone, at any time?

More importantly, I don't think that's what the tweet is saying. The release date is known and he wants to meet it. His esoteric wording may throw us off, but I think that's what he's really getting at here.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Seems very odd to interpret that he's referencing crunch from this tweet. Considering English isn't his first language too. Seems like a definite reach and to claim it as fact is weird. They may be doing crunch but this tweet isn't evidence of that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
thats not exclusive to kojima??? Most AAA productions/devs get shit on ERA . Have you seen posts about Rockstar? CDPR? Bethesda?Bioware? It comes with the territory
i think he is talking about people jumping to conclusions immediately from something that seems like its just a reference.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not even Hideo is clueless enough to announce crunch time on twitter