• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Shimbori's "I'm a fighter" is the game being "cool". After that livestream, I really want to know how he'll spin this to the Western media.

"When I moved the camera to make it look like Nyotengu was spread eagle, I was actually making her cool. Cause eagles are the coolest birds! But we are toning down the sexualization. Now excuse me while I hang out with the gravure models."

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I don't think they should put an emphasis on the fanservice in their marketing. Just talk about the game and the fighting, people will be able to see the fanservice and they can make their own decision. The stupid thing with DoA 6 is that they have brought up how they lowered the fanservice but then reversed that decision when there was backlash.

Soul Calibur 6 has arguably even more fanservice (looking at the Voldo custom characters with 6 foot dongs) but they never talked it up. They talked about new gameplay mechanics, not breast size.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't like the sentiment of outright removing fanservice/tiddy games while stuff like Mortal Kombat's "look at the detail on this exploding eye as the victim screams in agony! We're totally fine with this!" opposite end of the spectrum.

There are, however, two things that they should be doing that I think would help to make these kinds of games more acceptable:

1. Make it all-inclusive: go nuts on buff guys and thin speedos. It's not for me, but by all means do an All-Guy version of DoA just for equality's sake.

2. Remove the objectification/molesting shit: It's one thing to have a setting where ladies are frolicking around in bikinis. As fiction goes, they made that decision on their own. It's totally another thing to include a feature where you can grab their chest and have them react to your player interaction, or create a story where they're "forced" to engage in the demeaning acts because someone tricked them to fly to an island or tossed them into a dream world.

Deleted member 40604

Banned
Mar 3, 2018
If the game contains both normal and fan-service costumes for every character, then it seems people could just use whichever costumes they like, ignore the rest, and everyone can be happy?

This works until you go online and everyone is playing the girls in bikini costumes lol.

There's no escaping the fan service in the game. It's caked into its very DNA. Which is why the initial marketing for the game being "we're going legit this time guys we swear!" comes off even worse now.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This works until you go online and everyone is playing the girls in bikini costumes lol.

Ideally you could just give players options. Jiggle physics, sweat, etc. settings but also a way to uncheck certain outfits in the options.

Don't like the bikinis? Turn em off

Don't want to see some christmas outfits? Disable em

I can see devs being reluctant to adding something like this though since buying dlc doesn't just mean you having a costume but your opponent also seeing your costume

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Exactly.

I want to see Daddies with their crotches bulging in sight of the camera with cock physics and next generation ball sweat dripping down and staining their undies. You should also be able to hear the sound of their cocks flapping against their legs as they do acrobatic moves.
I'm in

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
They should just do a weapon based fighting game with the same characters and call it something else. They already have a bunch of ninjas that don't use their weapons.
Oh and add Nioh characters in it

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DoA is a great 3D fighting game. I think its second to VF and leagues above tekken. the fanservice bothers me a bit but I can cope with it.

Deleted member 40604

Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Ideally you could just give players options. Jiggle physics, sweat, etc. settings but also a way to uncheck certain outfits in the options.

Don't like the bikinis? Turn em off

Don't want to see some christmas outfits? Disable em

I can see devs being reluctant to adding something like this though since buying dlc doesn't just mean you having a costume but your opponent also seeing your costume

Believe me I wish you could do that. I bought Last Round on PS4 which comes with really stupid costumes by default like the Christmas ones and I really wish I could disable them. The worst part is if you play the AI on random or in Arcade mode the costumes are also randomized so have fun playing against Santa Claus every other round.

Obviously they won't ever have the option to turn off your opponents costumes because it doubles as advertising for stuff you don't have.