• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ef1qgNr.png

ENGLISH:

JAPANESE:

Insert Tim&Eric space gif here.

ps i cracked it
in this game you play the cable guy, and you have to make tech support calls in every state from coast to coast AND YOU'RE LATE AND THERE'S A GUARANTEE AND PEOPLE REALLY NEED THEIR C-SPAN

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
god fucking dammit, i just started having doubts about watching all this TGS stuff

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this is the first time ive done this for a game in a long ass time, but its time for me to media blackout

see y'all on the other side

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
80 minutes of gameplay is confirmed for TGS. Hopefully whoever clicked this thread isn't coming in here expecting something other than a cutscene lol!

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
So that's it, then? It's some kind of journey to the west?

Seriously though, in terms of setup, I guess that's that. Couldn't help but be distracted by the apparent disconnect between Die-Hardman's vocal and motion performances, tbh...I wonder how much of the stuff they were able to record with the actors on-site...

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah,I'm going on a media blackout. Everything released from now until release date should be mostly watched from the unconvinced.

No point in watching when you are buying it 99%

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I take it those things Sam is supposed to activate that's his entire mission are those little stations that Keighley was a part of? Bold of Kojima to structure a game where the goal is unlocking celebrity cameos lol.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this is pretty cornball dialogue. not really moving me, but who knows maybe it's better in context.

the handcuffs sam... they're not shackles! they're a symbol of our bond... we need to bring people together!

*plinky emotional piano music starts playing*

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Cool cutscene, I can't wait. It's funny how this doesn't really give any new info but the gamesradar article was like EUREKA!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this when it leaked. I feel like it makes no sense to release this to the general public. This is a long-ass info dump that expects the viewer to already have a background knowledge on the game's world and setting, which it doesn't explain at all.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wondering it just kind of explains what your mission is but really not much about anything else. Kind of answers the question watching previous trailers of "wtf am I doing?".

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
i find it weird that the Homo Daemons just let her speak to Sam and Bridges, which i assume is one of their main antagonists

"yeah we captured you, but feel free to use any of our resources in our facility, we have drinks in the lounge etc. etc."

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There sure was a lot of technobabble in that.

It's great.
Unshackled Kojima is best Kojima. Bring it on.

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great I think I am done watching things for this game. Really going to be hard to resist watching the gameplay video.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The amount of rage and jealousy this game inspires is truly astounding.

Great trailer. So excited for this.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Does anyone still find it weird that this game is really American-centric, focused on rebuilding America even though the Death Stranding is a worldwide phenomenon

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that was actually coherent

Maybe I missed something but I'm not clear why the president's daughter is next in line. Is there no VP or, like, anyone?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
huh, that actually does explain a lot. sounds like the network is some sort of metaphysical connection that holds a kind of power, more than just being able to talk to each other.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Honestly, I can't wait to discover the mysteries this game have. Can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a game.

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
what if this is actually a battle royale game, winner becomes president of the UCA

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, that was actually coherent

Maybe I missed something but I'm not clear why the president's daughter is next in line. Is there no VP or, like, anyone?
seems like everything fell to shit and everyone bailed, and she's next in line because she's the only one still trying to re-establish the country.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
a standard "okay, time to grab a beer" cut scene. not sure why they dropped that of all things but i'm already 'sold' on the game, so i dunno. maybe it fleshes it out more for others

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how much time there between the start of the game and the real gameplay

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
this is pretty cornball dialogue. not really moving me, but who knows maybe it's better in context.

the handcuffs sam... they're not shackles! they're a symbol of our bond... we need to bring people together!

*plinky emotional piano music starts playing*
Thought the last line was clever at least

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
a standard "okay, time to grab a beer" cut scene. not sure why they dropped that of all things but i'm already "sold" on the game, so i dunno. maybe it fleshes it out more for others
It establishes the mission of the entire game. Rather economically by Kojima standards, too. Like if this was MGS4 it would've taken two extra hours to say the same stuff, lol.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
a standard "okay, time to grab a beer" cut scene. not sure why they dropped that of all things but i'm already "sold" on the game, so i dunno. maybe it fleshes it out more for others
It's the one that finally explains the mission; it was previously shown behind closed doors at GC (I believe).
It establishes the mission of the entire game. Rather economically by Kojima standards, too. Like if this was MGS4 it would've taken two extra hours to say the same stuff, lol.
But what if I want the ending of Death Stranding to be 3 hours long...

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hideo usually seems to write from a pro anarchist position, so maybe there's going to be a twist were the Homo Demons are actually the good guys?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
That should have been the steelbook art!!!! :(

Hideo usually seems to write from a pro anarchist position, so maybe there's going to be a twist were the Homo Demons are actually the good guys?
Cliff seems to be a character who isn't inherently evil, even though most of the media has made him out to be the antagonist. Higgs has a connection to the other side so it wouldn't surprise me if he's acting out a lot of the work of the Homo Demens through his connection to Cliff in "Hades".

Oct 27, 2017
gonna wait and see where this falls on the kojima spectrum. it's shit on either side so you have MGS4 on one side and MGSV on the other. this needs to fall right in middle with MGS3 for me to be interested.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Samantha America Strand... our new president!" is SENDING me. this game is gonna be wild.

i think it's the delivery that's bothering me. Amelie's actor is really hamming it up. just such a dead serious, breathy... pausey... delivery... because this has meaning, Sam!