• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saleal

May 24, 2019
can we please make that poster the official cover instead of the generic boring ass dude chin down, eyes up cover we have now?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Sam Porter Bridges now
9426.jpg

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can we please make that poster the official cover instead of the generic boring ass dude chin down, eyes up cover we have now?
I preordered digital but yeah the box art could have been so much better seeing how there's tons of beautiful art for this game. Always weird to see teams going with something more bland. The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne come to mind.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
About as straightforwardly nonsensical as expected, no doubt it'll be clearer in the game

Something about Amelie is giving me strong uncanny valley vibes for some reason

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
If you guys are seriously going to get hung up on ironic names and puns- you should leave.

Metal Gear is chalk full of play on words, over the top naming, and out of no where metaphors.

Kojima is ham fisted. If that's not your jam this won't be for you.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty cool. I wonder why he changes his mind and helps them. Crazy realism to the cutscenes though. Verging on uncanny valley.

Also that poster is fantastic. Makes a far better cover.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

The main theme of MGS4 and Ground Zeroes (one of the most anti-american games ever made) is a cover of Here's to You, a song about two anarchists who wrongfully executed by the U.S government. The three main characters (Big Boss, Raiden, and Solid Snake) are all betrayed United State soldiers who form rogue groups to combat the U.S (Big Boss way more then the others.). Outer Heaven's philosophy is based around anarchism, and there's a whole lot more.

I think you missed the point of those games. Big Boss is not a good guy, his philosophy is not to be worshipped. Kojima is clearly a big liberal who believes in democracy, freedom, globalization, and big government.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Intriguing, the more I watch this game previews the more I want to see and play the final product.

In Kojima I trust lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh my god that art is fantastic! Seriously why isn't that the box art? Wow new desktop background for me.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think you missed the point of those games. Big Boss is not a good guy, his philosophy is not to be worshipped. Kojima is clearly a big liberal who believes in democracy, freedom, globalization, and big government.
Except the government is always portrayed as incompetent, or at worse, corrupt and villainous. Metal Gear is one of the most anti-government series in existence.

Just a small example, Solidus was portrayed as a sympathetic character, who is declared as right in MGS4, and was a terrorist who used bloodshed to try and turn the U.S into how it was envisioned by the founding fathers. (A very Libertarian perspective. Not saying Hideo is a Libertarian.)

The original ending for MGS4 was the government executing Otacon and Solid Snake. The people who put an end to the Patriots (which is a canon of worms unto itself) were Solid and Revolver Ocelot, whose philosophies were based around resisting government control, and doing what they thought was right no matter how many people they had to kill to achieve it.

Believe what you want about the game's message, but it dosen't have a positive view on government at all.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this when it leaked. I feel like it makes no sense to release this to the general public. This is a long-ass info dump that expects the viewer to already have a background knowledge on the game's world and setting, which it doesn't explain at all.
Pretty much what watching gen:LOCK feels like. In both cases, still interested in seeing what they're getting at, just wish they didn't more or less drop me in the middle of the story they're telling.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017