• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't understand the basic premise of the game after that scene, you're lying.

Jan 29, 2018
Oh man, if the whole game is going to be pushing themes about coming together, reaching across the aisle to unite a divided America the backlash is going to be interesting.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
And Homo Demens is latin for mad men.

People keep clarifying this, but every single instance of it being pronounced in the game so far sounded unambiguously like "Homo demons".

All I got out of this is that, after end of the world, a bunch of furries got mad with the sudden freedom and became homo demons. ANd yes, they are furries. Nobody else wouldlive in a city, called "Edge Knot"

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People keep clarifying this, but every single instance of it being pronounced in the game so far sounded unambiguously like "Homo demons".

All I got out of this is that, after end of the world, a bunch of furries got mad with the sudden freedom and became homo demons. ANd yes, they are furries. Nobody else wouldlive in a city, called "Edge Knot"
LMAO.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Except the government is always portrayed as incompetent, or at worse, corrupt and villainous. Metal Gear is one of the most anti-government series in existence.

Just a small example, Solidus was portrayed as a sympathetic character, who is declared as right in MGS4, and was a terrorist who used bloodshed to try and turn the U.S into how it was envisioned by the founding fathers. (A very Libertarian perspective. Not saying Hideo is a Libertarian.)

The original ending for MGS4 was the government executing Otacon and Solid Snake. The people who put an end to the Patriots (which is a canon of worms unto itself) were Solid and Revolver Ocelot, whose philosophies were based around resisting government control, and doing what they thought was right no matter how many people they had to kill to achieve it.

Believe what you want about the game's message, but it dosen't have a positive view on government at all.

Just because Kojima explores the reality of governments with infighting and intergovernmental conflict, doesn't mean he's against the liberal world order. Rather, he uses these as reflections of the past and warnings of the future if we are not careful. Kojima seems to actually buy into the concept of American Democracy and the Melting Pot country of people and ideas, but he's not blind to the hypocrisy concerning America's past foreign policy.

Death Stranding may end up being his most pro-American game since MGS2 going by the Briefing Trailer. It's very clearly a response to the Trump administration and right-wing populist leaders cropping up around the world.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
That video was great. Quite engrossing and informative! A few more hours to more gameplay now.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding may end up being his most pro-American game since MGS2 going by the Briefing Trailer. It's very clearly a response to the Trump administration and right-wing populist leaders cropping up around the world.
This was kind of my first thought. I was watching the trailer and when they're talking about rebuilding America I was thinking "so this takes place after the Trump presidency, right?"

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's scene was 100% lazy, convoluted exposition.

I find those descriptors somewhat add odds with each other. It's overly complex and difficult to follow but also lazy? Can you explain why you feel it is these things?

Personally I found it surprisingly straight forward and to the point, especially for a Kojima cutscene. I'm not seeing anything lazy or convuluted about it. It's very well made, introduces characters and past history very quickly, not to mention the basic premise of your task, the villains, your route, the signalling sites, the motives etc, all in a few minutes.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
This game looks less appealing with every trailer released.

This thing about America sounds wack, it looks like there will be tons of cringeworthy moments; thing that I was not expecting after seeing the first teasers and trailers

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That art is beautiful. Sam's basic goal was probably the least confusing thing though, this trailer is like them just repeating it but really slowly. Liking the music too.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
That art is beautiful. Sam's basic goal was probably the least confusing thing though, this trailer is like them just repeating it but really slowly. Liking the music too.
Yeah was thinking the same, I mean not that much new information other than miss America Strand involvement, (is the Us presidency an inherited title now?)

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Looks alright, interesting setup, terrrrrrrrible acting. Ain't gonna judge on a cutscene though so this big game play demo will make or break it for me.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
ef1qgNr.png

This should be the boxart. Looks amazing.

---

Also, for once a trailer about this game helps clear (somewhat) the goal behind it instead of just raising even more questions!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol you expect the target audience of young teenage men to care that it's a latin word for something. They are about to have a good chuckle that they can say homo demons.
Ehh. Fuck those cunts.

But no, i don't expect people to know that. I didn't, and had to look it up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching this trailer and I'm already bored after five minutes of talking. Kojima really needs to show some actual gameplay.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Lol you expect the target audience of young teenage men to care that it's a latin word for something. They are about to have a good chuckle that they can say homo demons.
You think they care that they can use the Latin word for human/man at all? They'll just say far more hateful stuff regardless.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, is this grazy or what.
America is fucked, i know that, is this single game going to fix america :)

People how live in america dosen't maybe understand how fucked that country is right now.

Oct 27, 2017
If you're complaining about a story trailer and only want gameplay...... have you not played any of Kojimas previous work.... the games going to be like 90 percent cutscenes lol

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
my new rule for this game is that every cutscene has to introduce a new character name, each one more ridiculous than the last. and Samantha America Strand is only the midway point