• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That key art looks crazy good, should've been the cover. Not even sure how they ended up with the cover they presently have. Oh well, no sense in crying over it, what's done is done.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing that truck convoy hologram bit, I'm pretty sure Kojima is gonna do a Fury Road setpiece as a mission.

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
I don't doubt the depth, poignancy and importance of this story and its themes.

But, man, this execution looks like when a child is telling a story that is coming up to his mind as he goes, with funny names and funny masks =D

I hope I'm wrong.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
25551.jpg

Pre-Quantum Break Remedy is totally guilty of this, but they made it work because their writing had that cheesy charm and a unique voice. I miss that terribly.

Max Payne was totally guilty of this, but the games are ancient now.
Modern games with real actors deserve better writing than this.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't doubt the depth, poignancy and importance of this story and its themes.

But, man, this execution looks like when a child is telling a story that is coming up to his mind as he goes, with funny names and funny masks =D

I hope I'm wrong.
That's kind of always been Kojima's style though. He mixes serious political themes with Saturday morning cartoon silliness. MGS1 had the president of a weapons technology manufacturer talk to us about the dangers of nuclear weaponry before a dude with a cowboy mustache named Revolver Ocelot tries to kill the main character. MGS2 had the world's leading bomb diffusal expert tell us about his greatest regret training a bomb diffusal prodigy who took the wrong lessons from his education...this prodigy was a dude named Fatman who rolled around on roller blades.

If you're not ready for tone shifts so hard you might catch whiplash then I'd say Kojima's games aren't for you

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
That's kind of always been Kojima's style though. He mixes serious political themes with Saturday morning cartoon silliness. MGS1 had the president of a weapons technology manufacturer talk to us about the dangers of nuclear weaponry before a dude with a cowboy mustache named Revolver Ocelot tries to kill the main character. MGS2 had the world's leading bomb diffusal expert tell us about his greatest regret training a bomb diffusal prodigy who took the wrong lessons from his education...this prodigy was a dude named Fatman who rolled around on roller blades.

If you're not ready for tone shifts so hard you might catch whiplash then I'd say Kojima's games aren't for you

Maybe as visuals become more realistic, it becomes harder to blur out the discrepancies =D