The decade's first "totally real rumor": Rockstar Games is shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Man, I was really hoping for Red Dead Redemption 3 but I guess this is it. RIP Rockstar, never milked a franchise :(

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
They haven't made a succesful game since Enter the Gecko, though that sold five billions so maybe they still have money for the next month?

Jipset

Aug 25, 2018
Their games were too niche. Jack Thompson was right that they were also too violent, which I'm sure is what led to their games not selling enough.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Yeah, no. This is pretty impossible. GTAV online activity is still huge (last I heard). There’s no way that they are shutting it down anytime soon. Also the reasons its giving for it closing is basically the gaming industry bane of existence. Rockstar’s crunch time and environment seems pretty shitty, but I don’t know if it will just close and that’s it.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Imagine waking up on January first, and this is what you do. That's quite a way to get the year rolling for yourself.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't believe it at first but the evidence definitely convinced me.

I guess Rockstar had a good run.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah Rockstar was never going to take off. I mean who even buys games about cowboys? That's just gay, yo.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
That's what happens when you abandon your best IP (Bully) and focus on the boring ones (GTA/RDR).

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
GTA 6 is rockstar's final score, after that they're off to Tahiti to become mango farmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.