• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 6 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes, 5 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

The Despicable Marvel Uncinematic Whatever

BET Interview with Kevin Feige
  • Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
    BET talks to Feige about the MCU.

He says this in regards to Black Panther 2:

One last future question. There is a rumor that Killmonger will be returning for Black Panther 2. Any truth to that?

KF: Pure rumor. The honest answer to that is that is pure rumor and speculation, because Mr. Coogler is just only in recent weeks sitting down at his keyboard and beginning to outline the movie. It’s early, so nothing is set yet in any way that far, because Mr. Coogler is sitting down and will share it with Nate Moore and myself in coming weeks.

Simu Liu talks about landing the role of Shang-Chi
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    ET Canada has an interview with Simu Liu, where he talks about receiving that call from Kevin Feige among many other things:

If you wanna get to know him more, here's also some articles on his fight for representation:

And a bullet points overview:

And here Simu talks about why getting the role of Shang-Chi is so important to him:

Simu Liu also seem to have been fond of both Sunfire from the X-Men and Namor:

So one is Sunfire," Liu began. "So Sunfire is one of the way back, OG member of the X-Men, he just never made it into the movies, for some reason I can't imagine why. But his name is Shiro Yoshida, he has a really cool backstory where he is basically raised as a terrorist with very anti-American values and then goes to America to plan an attack. It fails and then he realizes what he's doing is wrong and he kind of reforms himself into a superhero. Actually when I first started out in this industry, because I knew the film roles wouldn't just fall into my lap, I started just writing things on a whim. And I sketched out this 12-part series of a Sunfire perspective show, and I still have those files. It's very bad, but I put a lot of time into it when I was 22 and just getting started.

And before he became Shang-Chi, he was a stock photo model.

Last edited:
    Marvel TV potentially being taken over by Marvel Studios
  • Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
    In other news:

While Marvel Studios is moving into TV with the Disney+ series, Marvel Television seems to be on the decline, with few new shows in development.

Kevin Feige now has creative control over Marvel TV and publishing
  • Oct 25, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY

Marvel TV has been led by Jeph Loeb, who spearheaded the initial expansion of the MCU into television with ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “Agent Carter.” Loeb was not included in any of the new reporting structure. A representative for Marvel TV did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for clarification on Loeb’s job status at the company.

Ma Dong-seok joins Eternals
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017

I'm holding out hope for some South-East Asian representation soon from Marvel Studios, but it all seems to be East-Asian so far, with Shang-Chi and Eternals. Happy for the East-Asians though, and Chloe Zhao, Kumail Nanjiani and even a gay-lead is a very good start for representation in general. Very excited about Eternals.

Last edited:
    WandaVision to be set in the 1950s
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    Btw, WandaVision is set in the 1950s. And filming starts this Fall.

“There’s quite a few other comic books that we’re pulling from and it’s going to be Wanda and the Vision, and I think at the Disney+ launch chat, they showed a photo of us in the ’50s,” Olsen said. “Paul [Bettany] and I are really excited. They have a great group of writers. I think it’s going to be a total of six hours.”
    Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1062419-wandavision-elizabeth-olson-reveals-details#WPQTGEoYEpt5pf1m.99

Ghost Rider Hulu series in the works
  • Nov 20, 2017

YES

Edit: Daimon Hellstrom is joining the MCU too

Info on the Hulu Ghost Rider show:

has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in now way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.

Ingrid Escajeda will serve as showrunner and executive producer on “Ghost Rider,” with Paul Zbyszewski also executive producing.
    On Hellstrom:

Marvel’s Helstrom will tell the story of a pair of siblings, Daimon and Ana Helstrom, whose father was a “mysterious and powerful serial killer,” which, at least in the comics, is a bit of an understatement. There, the Helstrom children’s father is Satan. The show will see the two “track down the terrorizing worst of humanity,” in what one can only assume will be a fairly dark spin on the usual superhero story.
    This is a downer though:

Fans of the Marvel movies will want to note that the two new shorts are being produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios, which is an entirely separate division than Marvel Studios, which handles the films and the various upcoming Disney+ shows. In other words, don’t expect the same level of character and storyline crossover from the films here as you would for the Disney+ series.
    Basically, these won't be as integral to the MCU as the Disney+ shows are.

Last edited:
    Anthony Mackie Post Endgame Interview
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    Anthony talks about a nice "passing of the torch" moment him and Chris Evans had at his house:

I'm pretty excited at the thought of lots of 'Falcon with the shield' action in the show.

Post Endgame interview with Joe Russo about the characters
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    Very nice interview with Joe Russo at his restaurant:

He explains the time travel rules if you don't understand them, he talks about the Howard the Duck cameo and how it came to be, the last scene they shot with RDJ, the whole funeral sequence etc. Long interview with lots of stuff.

The Singerverse is dead. Bury it.
  • Oct 25, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Crosspost from the New Mutants thread:

to the surprise of absolutely no one:

I'd seen some speculation here and there that Marvel Studios might fast-track a movie for one of those Fox/Marvel dates, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Interesting that they're not dating any Marvel Studios films beyond 2022 just yet, not that that means much of anything.

Kari Skogland to direct Falcon & Winter Soldier miniseries; Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp returning
  • DMVfan123

The Fallen
    Oct 25, 2017
    Virginia

Zemo will also make his return as well as Agent 13 (Sharon Carter), and
    Falcon accepting the shield from Cap at the end of Endgame will figure into this

Kevin Feige interview about what to expect from Black Widow film
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    Kevin Feige talking about Black Widow.

"There's a method to the madness," Feige said. "There's always a method and doing things in an unexpected way is something we find fun. There are ways to do prequels that are less informative or answer questions you didn't necessarily have, and then there are ways to do prequels where you learn all sorts of things you never knew before."

Recent news from previous thread; Kate Bishop show in development for Disney+
  • Disney+ MCU News: Falcon/Winter Soldier, WandaVision, more
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
    Is Hayley voicing Peggy? IF NOT I WILL BURN IT ALL DOWN.
    We don't know yet. I would love it if they could persuade the MCU actors to reprise their roles for What If's, but that would probably require one hell of a payday.

They've said this before, but it's exciting to imagine the future MCU crossing over between shows and movies.

Variety Interview with Kevin Feige on Disney+ shows, X-Men
  • Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017

Seem the shows can be anywhere between 6-10 episodes:
    To that end, Feige gave fans a few clues about what to expect. “It’s the first long-form narrative that Marvel Studios has done — they’ll be six episodes, eight episodes, 10 episodes with the actors from the films playing their characters,” he said. “They’ll be changing, evolving, growing in those event series and then those changes will be reflected in their next film appearances.”
    And the actors were totally on board the idea of MCU streaming shows:
    “I think it’s a testament to the quality of streaming and to the way things are changing that many of our actors are totally into it and are totally excited by it,” said Feige. “I was concerned about it. I had a whole song and dance ready to sell them about why we were so excited about it and why this was a best case scenario. But, within one second they were like, ‘You guys are doing it, we’re in.'”
    About Deadpool:
    “When we were purchased, Bob said to us, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it,'” said Feige. “There’s no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?”