• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just caught "Infinity War" on TV and when Spidey showed up I almost jumped through the window in sadness and agony. Fuck.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of the FFH blu-ray, does anyone know what's on the bonus disc that's exclusive to the UHD steelbook? Seems rather shitty to make some content unavailable for regular blu-ray/UHD buyers.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one torn about getting the FFH uhd.. I have every mcu movie so far.. But don't know ant to support them honestly

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Official trailer for The Infinity Saga:

"A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts", dammit Marvel

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The Sony/Disney split news broke out a week after the Marvel Studios phase 4 panel at Comic Con.

I'm pretty sure the news broke that they couldn't make a deal days before the Phase 4 reveal. and with part of the news being that Marvel hope they could come to terms before before the panel so Marvel could make some sort of announcement. Part of the reason why Sony leaked the failed talks to begin with...... but I could be wrong. I'm not gonna go look it up right now.

the news that negotiation were over (for now) came after the panel though.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the news broke that they couldn't make a deal days before the Phase 4 reveal. and with part of the news being that Marvel hope they could come to terms before before the panel so Marvel could make some sort of announcement. Part of the reason why Sony leaked the failed talks to begin with...... but I could be wrong. I'm not gonna go look it up right now.

the news that negotiation were over (for now) came after the panel though.
As I said, the news broke a month after the Comic Con panel. News broke on August 20. Comic Con panel was on July 20. I think you are thinking of D23 which was the weekend after the news broke.

I like this deleted scene, Jake Gyllenhaal's acting is great, and I kinda wish it was in the movie.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Barry Keoghan and Gemma Chan is there on set as well. Daily Mail has more.

https://www./tvshowbiz/article-7486837/Angelina-Jolie-seen-time-set-Marvel-movie-Eternals.html

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Generally speaking, it's because they were told that "MJ" isn't unique enough to trademark, or someone else owns the trademark for MJ. Kind of like how it was called "Marvel's Avengers" in the UK.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
^ This, some other MCU characters' figures are the same way, like the ones for War Machine, Wasp and Valkyrie.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
EE4eb3YUcAUvAQg.jpg

give energy

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back, it is too bad Marvel did not give Paul Bettany a role in Endgame. Even just a quick line recorded for the elevator when Hulk smashes it or something. Then he could have been included in the cast credits. Then again at least he is coming back for WandaVision. But there are other characters who I'd love to see again like Heimdall as well.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well look. Another shitty spiderverse v MCU thread started by none other than bossattack just popped up. Christ

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always the same people starting shit.

To be honest though I didn't even see the thread cuz I have the OP on ignore lmao.

Last edited:

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
When you're a basement nerd trying to convince others that what they like isn't good.

It's baffling how I've seen some posters catch a ban over trivial shit but not someone making multiple threads, inciting shit over a manufactured comic book movie rivalry.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I got a new 4k tv today, so I watched the uhd (on vudu, I don't have a 4k player.) version of endgame today (course I got endgame in 4k. it's fuckin' endgame, and I was gonna get the 4k version someday....need to get civil war and winter soldier in 4k, too). It was a totally different experience. I wasn't really convinced about 4k till I saw just how much more detail there was with 4k versus 1080p. And the fight scene still makes me cry. It's....just amazing to watch everyone show up. I don't know how anyone could watch that, and not think it was an emotional scene.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
You don't run out, but maybe some people would rather spend 70 dollars now, instead of closer to christmas? No one's being forced to sign up. There's not even a discount. You can just wait till the 11th.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
if anything I think the servers are gonna crash when everyone tries to watch mandalorian all at once the moment that service goes live

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So, I don't want to get into a whole thing but has there been any rumors or anything about mending Sony and Disney? I haven't honestly kept up with stuff in weeks cause It felt tiring. Even just a simple yes or no will suffice. Rather not stink up the thread with it.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I don't want to get into a whole thing but has there been any rumors or anything about mending Sony and Disney? I haven't honestly kept up with stuff in weeks cause It felt tiring. Even just a simple yes or no will suffice. Rather not stink up the thread with it.
No.

Longer answer: no, because these things take time. Keep in mind, it took Disney et al. 8 months to reverse course on James Gunn. Spider-Man 3 would still be a ways off, regardless of what happened with the two companies. So, all you can really do is wait, or wait and hope "Mobius" is so bad no one wants to see it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No.

Longer answer: no, because these things take time. Keep in mind, it took Disney et al. 8 months to reverse course on James Gunn. Spider-Man 3 would still be a ways off, regardless of what happened with the two companies. So, all you can really do is wait, or wait and hope "Mobius" is so bad no one wants to see it.

nope. i wouldn't expect anything for a while.

That's what I thought. Alright. Thanks!

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand the fact that a third Spider-Man film hasn't been announced yet gives me a sliver of hope.

But at the same time I also realize that probably has more to do with Sony scrambling to figure out who in Sony Pictures will even be making it and not with a deal being made with Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.