• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Never forget what he did to the Ultimate Universe.

Man is fucking almost Frank Miller levels of insane.

People like to point at the death of Loeb's son as some kind of turning point in his creative career, but IMHO he's always been at best just OK. Batman Long Halloween was lauded when it came out, but IMHO it does not hold up. Stuff like Our Worlds at War in the Superman titles was shlocky fun, but anyman who was a part of the Heroes Reborn line? ... nah fam.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back at Endgame, it left me kind of happy but also bummed as a Hulk fan.

Got an awesome Professor Hulk upgrade but no real action to speak of other than getting his arm permanently mangled (apparently).

Seriously seems insane we didn't get to see him throw down or get some revenge strikes in on Thanos.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Why didn't Hulk get to do anything awesome?" "Other than reverse the snap?" "...yes?"
I don't really consider The Hulk snapping his fingers and spending the rest of the movie on the sidelines with a broken arm all that awesome but to each their own.

There were no fun Hulk fights after he got bodied at the beginning of Infinity War until the end of Endgame. He fought some baddies in the background and that was it.
Yep. :(

He lazily turned over a car I guess. Funny but eh.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really consider The Hulk snapping his fingers and spending the rest of the movie on the sidelines with a broken arm all that awesome but to each their own.

Yep. :(

He lazily turned over a car I guess. Funny but eh.

You have high standards, if saving the lives of octillions of sentient beings isn't awesome, my friend. Was Iron Man snapping his fingers at the end of the movie awesome? Why or why not? Is saving half the universe not as awesome as saving all of it? I guess that's a fair point. Still....I think that's some pretty high standards.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not fan of everything regarding the hulk, but him being the one to snap is definite proof he's the strongest hero there is

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You have high standards, if saving the lives of octillions of sentient beings isn't awesome, my friend. Was Iron Man snapping his fingers at the end of the movie awesome? Why or why not? Is saving half the universe not as awesome as saving all of it? I guess that's a fair point. Still....I think that's some pretty high standards.
I know this isn't your main point, and I know we're talking about an entire universe, but... I really doubt there's an octillion individual sentient beings

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I know this isn't your main point, and I know we're talking about an entire universe, but... I really doubt there's an octillion individual sentient beings

Across the whole universe? I think Octillion is low, to be honest. *goes to do some research* So, that's 1 followed by 27 zeros. a billion billion billion. So let's make it 7 octillion, to maek the math easier. That's a billion galaxies with a billion planets with 7 billion people each (I think). NASA says there are 200 billion to 2 trillion galaxies. There are 100 billion stars in the milky way, so 1/200 of the galaxies with 1 planet around 1/100 of the stars in that galaxy....yeah, seems really low to me. (while Thanos only killed half the sentient life in the universe (to say nothing of all the animals, and what not), that still doesn't increase it that much. 2 planets with 7 billion people each per galaxy seems insanely low, considering how many planets are inhabited in the guardians movies)

(as a side note, google auto filled "how many galaxies are there in the milky way" which I found depressing.)

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Across the whole universe? I think Octillion is low, to be honest. *goes to do some research* So, that's 1 followed by 27 zeros. a billion billion billion. So let's make it 7 octillion, to maek the math easier. That's a billion galaxies with a billion planets with 7 billion people each (I think). NASA says there are 200 billion to 2 trillion galaxies. There are 100 billion stars in the milky way, so 1/200 of the galaxies with 1 planet around 1/100 of the stars in that galaxy....yeah, seems really low to me. (while Thanos only killed half the sentient life in the universe (to say nothing of all the animals, and what not), that still doesn't increase it that much. 2 planets with 7 billion people each per galaxy seems insanely low, considering how many planets are inhabited in the guardians movies)

(as a side note, google auto filled "how many galaxies are there in the milky way" which I found depressing.)
Working backward from 2 trillion galaxies, that means there has to be 500 trillion sentient individuals in each galaxy. I think I found an estimate that there are roughly 70 sextillion stars, since not each galaxy has a billion stars (and of course some have more). That would mean for every star, there has to be at least a fairly low number of 10,000 population. I have no idea how many unpopulated star systems there are, so obviously there are a few star systems picking up the slack.

I think we should operate under the assumption that there are no other major populations in Sol other than earth. So if the average life bearing system has 7 billion people, that means there has to be around 1500 stars per galaxy, or 150 billion stars total, that have 7 billion people.

I guess that's likely. So you're probably right

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that his snap brought back half he universe is cool, but that doesn't remove the sting of no getting to see him fight at all.

Iron Man's snap was cool, and so where his fight sequences.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Who cares about Hulk not getting any decent fights in "Endgame". My boi Steven Rogers wielded Mjolnir and went toe to toe against Thanos (I lost my shit watching that. For real. Completely unhinged around 50+ strangers and the nephew)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Assuming that the Spider-Man deal gets extended, can we get Peter in Young Avengers? Imagine a team of him, Shuri, Kate, Kamala, Cassie, & Riri (if the Ironheart rumors pan out). Hell, throw in Speed & Wiccan if WandaVision gets really crazy.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Endgame had to give closure to several of the OG Avengers, and it was previously established that Marvel has plans for Hulk adventures post-Endgame, so I can't blame the Russos for the direction they took Hulk in

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Who cares about Hulk not getting any decent fights in "Endgame". My boi Steven Rogers wielded Mjolnir and went toe to toe against Thanos (I lost my shit watching that. For real. Completely unhinged around 50+ strangers and the nephew)
Bruh, that was me during many parts of the movie. When Tony bit the dust I was almost bawling. I always go to these films with coworkers and my boss and when that happened my boss's boyfriend asked her if I was gonna be okay. She told me a couple days later and I couldn't help but laugh. Lol

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Bruh, that was me during many parts of the movie. When Tony bit the dust I was almost bawling. I always go to these films with coworkers and my boss and when that happened my boss's boyfriend asked her if I was gonna be okay. She told me a couple days later and I couldn't help but laugh. Lol

I believe you'll find that it was Thanos that bit the dust.

Oct 31, 2017
I found this article which is a good read on Marvel Studios history, if one is inclined to read it. This is the interesting part about Hulk rights:

Maisel says he wanted the next movie to focus on Hulk because Universal's 2003 Ang Lee version provided some basis to predict how another might perform. But Universal still had rights. Maisel called Universal chief Ron Meyer and asked whether he had plans to make another Hulk. When Meyer said no, Maisel says he proposed that if Marvel could have rights back, he would make at least one more Hulk movie, spending $100 million-plus, and pay Universal to distribute. It was found money for Universal. The catch was that Universal could distribute the films only if Hulk were the central character. Marvel owed Universal nothing if Hulk appeared in, say, an Avengers movie — which is, of course, exactly what later happened. (In one of several points of dispute, Arad says that he was the one who contacted Universal.)

I guess if they had waited for the rights to revert they would have had it all back, but since they wanted it early Universal gave it to them in exchange for the rights to distribute, presumably in perpetuity.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I found this article which is a good read on Marvel Studios history, if one is inclined to read it. This is the interesting part about Hulk rights:

I guess if they had waited for the rights to revert they would have had it all back, but since they wanted it early Universal gave it to them in exchange for the rights to distribute, presumably in perpetuity.

I think Universal would have held on to the rights at the first sign of the MCU becoming a success so it was probably the right call to make.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

I totally believe that part about Arad.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Hulk will probably have a pretty major part in the She-Hulk Disney+ series. Not another movie but hey it's probably going to be something for Hulk fans. Plus I'm guessing Hulk will continue to show up in the MCU for years, it's probably easy money for a minimal amount of work for Mark Ruffelo now that he's Hulk all the time.
Now that I'm thinking about it Hulk could potentially be a fun guest character for Spider-Man 3, they've never really gotten a chance to interact.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone wants a good laugh, here's John Campea's reaction to the Sony-Disney deal. Spoiler: He starts his comment by shouting "Disney caved! Disney caved!" because he thought that there was no co-financing deal in place.

Now watch him desperately trying to save face once a viewer informs him that Sony has in fact signed a co-financing deal. The relevant segment is from 6:40 onwards.

I like his shows but that man just cannot admit when he's wrong.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If anyone wants a good laugh, here's John Campea's reaction to the Sony-Disney deal. Spoiler: He starts his comment by shouting "Disney caved! Disney caved!" because he thought that there was no co-financing deal in place.

Now watch him desperately trying to save face once a viewer informs him that Sony has in fact signed a co-financing deal. The relevant segment is from 6:40 onwards.

I like his shows but that man just cannot admit when he's wrong.

I was in the chat during Friday's stream and I and some other people in chat were just laughing at him as he hadn't seen that update yet and was so sure of himself
Oh John....
Watch him every weekday but yeah....
I sent in a superchat saying that DEADLINE said the original offer was 25% and he said that was blatant misinformation LMAOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I was in the chat during Friday's stream and I and some other people in chat were just laughing at him as he hadn't seen that update yet and was so sure of himself
Oh John....
Watch him every weekday but yeah....
I sent in a superchat saying that DEADLINE said the original offer was 25% and he said that was blatant misinformation LMAOOOOOOOO

Lol, that's John alright. It's almost like he enjoys having egg on his face.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Shang Chi starts filming in November

28r9cg72b0p31.jpg

Also, here's the Phase 3 Part 2 boxset:

marvel-studios-cinematic-universe-phase-3-4k-blu-ray-1189341.jpeg

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
At least Sony's playing ball when it comes to the box sets. I wonder if this is a good sign regarding the MCU Spidey films getting on Disney+.
Sony and Disney are on good terms now with both the new Spider-Man deal and the new Playstation Vue deal, so I think it's more likely than not
I've also been wondering, will we see any Spider-Man related episodes on What If?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sony and Disney are on good terms now with both the new Spider-Man deal and the new Playstation Vue deal, so I think it's more likely than not
I've also been wondering, will we see any Spider-Man related episodes on What If?
Feige did say all 23 Infinity Saga films, & any animated efforts below 44 minutes per episode is fair game for Disney regarding Spider-Man.

As for the MCU Spidey films on Disney+, what you said on top of Sony being willing to let HBO Max have Boondocks are all good signs.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If you watch Spider-Man: Far From Home on FandangoNOW in 4K, you'll get the IMAX aspect ratio for the action scenes. I read about it and just tested it myself, and it's true.

Vudu:
jKR9ADM.jpg

FandangoNOW:
UB2ECcf.jpg

Vudu:
tHYcmcv.jpg

FandangoNOW:
S3WCRre.jpg

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Feige planned it back when he announced the Phase 4 slate and knew Sony wanted Spidey 4 to itself.

EDIT: Oh you meant the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.