• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
If you watch Spider-Man: Far From Home on FandangoNOW in 4K, you'll get the IMAX aspect ratio for the action scenes. I read about it and just tested it myself, and it's true.

Vudu:
jKR9ADM.jpg

FandangoNOW:
UB2ECcf.jpg

Vudu:
tHYcmcv.jpg

FandangoNOW:
S3WCRre.jpg
Awesome! Thank god for Movies Anywhere!

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Now that Sony and Marvel are pals again and I presume Andy Serkis and Kevin Feige get along I wonder if he'll have any involvement with Venom 2? If Sony want a quasi-shared universe then they would be smart to at least get him to consult.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Marvel Studios really are looking for an actor for Moon Knight and actress for Ms. Marvel already. Wow if we get these two shows soon (2021).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ms. Marvel is already casting so maybe it's coming first?

We know Hawkeye is locked and Loki and SamBucky is filming December.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
mreddie your avatar reminds me I need much more Wasp. Hell, give her cameo appearances in other films and shows. Wouldn't mind her in Spider-Man. And make her suit much brighter.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I want Antman-Wasp 3 soon, feels like Phase 4 will start with Captain Marvel 2 though.
Sign me up on that. Bring us Ant-Man/Wasp 3.

It's starting with Black Panther II, unless they have another movie set for an Early 2022 release.
It isn't starting with Black Panther II. Black Panther II releases on May 6 2022. Disney has Marvel Studios films lined up for February 18, May 6 and July 29, 2022.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It feels good to be able to watch Spiderman:FFH again knowing it won't end in such an anti-climax now. But man... first half of this film is slow, you know what I'm saying? I enjoy the wider cast but it just felt like a little too much at times. Like I enjoy the school kid drama, but it might have just overstayed it's welcome, with not just the Ned romance but the teachers as well. That said, there'll clearly be no time for that in number 3 so they were probably getting it all in while they could.

Also disappointed they don't seem to have added in the Extended mob scene for the digital release. Felt like peak Spidey.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It feels good to be able to watch Spiderman:FFH again knowing it won't end in such an anti-climax now. But man... first half of this film is slow, you know what I'm saying? I enjoy the wider cast but it just felt like a little too much at times. Like I enjoy the school kid drama, but it might have just overstayed it's welcome, with not just the Ned romance but the teachers as well. That said, there'll clearly be no time for that in number 3 so they were probably getting it all in while they could.

Also disappointed they don't seem to have added in the Extended mob scene for the digital release. Felt like peak Spidey.

They should have reworked how he gets the stealth suit / the Brad thing; I think that scene hurts the pacing. I enjoy most of the build up to the action set-pieces, but some of the comedy is a bit hit and miss, and Smoove's character feels shoehorned.

Everything else is delicious.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
James Gunn just confirmed he won't start on Vol. 3 until after The Suicide Squad is finished editing, not filming. Makes sense.

Also that the script took 1 year to write.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of scenes where I can kinda see why they got deleted but that's definitely one that should've stayed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I have some doubts that we'll get an Ant-man three but if we did, I'd hope that Cassie would also get a suit and help out Scott and Hope for the whole movie.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's something interesting that I noticed. Remember when the reports mentioned 2 more films on Tom Holland's contract for Spider-Man? This current deal basically fills out those last two movies (MCU Spidey 3 & the unnamed MCU film appearance afterwards). Basically, if Tom Holland wanted to, he could leverage the renewal of his contract with Sony re-upping their deal with Marvel Studios. There is the possibility that he signed another contract behind closed doors before the news came out. But given his reaction to the announcement (on his Instagram account), I'm not sure if that's the case.

In short, Disney & Marvel Studios are in a pretty good position. And it would be wise on Sony's part to keep the gravy train going, especially since they'll still see the lion's share of the revenue under the current 75/25 co-financing split.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
There's something interesting that I noticed. Remember when the reports mentioned 2 more films on Tom Holland's contract for Spider-Man? This current deal basically fills out those last two movies (MCU Spidey 3 & the unnamed MCU film appearance afterwards). Basically, if Tom Holland wanted to, he could leverage the renewal of his contract with Sony re-upping their deal with Marvel Studios. There is the possibility that he signed another contract behind closed doors before the news came out. But given his reaction to the announcement (on his Instagram account), I'm not sure if that's the case.

In short, Disney & Marvel Studios are in a pretty good position. And it would be wise on Sony's part to keep the gravy train going, especially since they'll still see the lion's share of the revenue under the current 75/25 co-financing split.
I hadn't even realized that before, but I wonder if the contract specifically said two more Spider-Man movies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I hadn't even realized that before, but I wonder if the contract specifically said two more Spider-Man movies.
Obviously Sony couldn't do an MCU cameo if they didn't return to the negotiation table (though I guess you could swap it out for a Venom 2 appearance or something). You're basically swapping a fourth solo Spidey film for another appearance in a Marvel Studios-only production. Likewise, given Tom's reactions throughout the whole ordeal, he definitely wants to stay in the MCU. So I could easily see the scenario of Tom using his contract being up for renewal to his advantage to ensure that another Marvel Studios - Sony deal gets signed. Another thing to consider is the talks of Apple & Amazon eyeing Sony Pictures. Of course, Sony Pictures is resistant to the potential buy-out, which is perfectly understandable considering that they want to maintain their independence. But on the off chance that either of them legit go for Sony Pictures, the Spider-Man film rights would return to Disney wholesale. This is obviously less likely to happen, but it's at least something to consider.

Either way, Disney's definitely playing things smart. Had they made this new deal longer, they'd have to renew another contract with Tom, which would mean including other appearances that could potentially backfire for negotiations going forward (like they almost did recently). Only having the current deal cover the remainder of Tom Holland's contract can serve as a proof-of-concept for the new deal for Sony as well as putting Disney at an advantage when it comes time to renegotiate both the sharing arrangement with Sony as well as the contract with Tom Holland (not to mention that it gives Disney time to gauge what'll happen with Apple & Amazon regarding Sony Pictures should things actually progress on that front).

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Marvel Studios will shoot additional scenes for Black Widow at Macon's Terminal Station this week:

Filming is taking place Monday and Tuesday at Macon's iconic Terminal Station and as evident in the WMAZ video, the set is swamped with rescue vehicles from various police, fire, and various SWAT team. The most peculiar note is the fact the vehicles are apparently embellished with stickers referencing Albany, New York, suggesting the spy thriller will take a break from the city and head upstate.

Also that Far From Home deleted scene shouldn't have been cut.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen Avengers: Endgame four times - one time at the theatrical premiere where I had my fill - but I've actually liked it more and more on each repeat viewing. I especially like the arc 2014 Thanos goes through.

Not surprising Michelle is up for another Ant-Man.

I want ant-man 3 to be Hank and Janet in the 80's
I agree with this. I want to see Hank and Janet on mission as the original Ant-Man and Wasp.

Also, there are rumors up the wazoo about Disney+ announcing Ghost Rider at NYCC
Where are these rumors coming from? I can't find any. And Marvel Studios doesn't have a panel at NYCC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.