• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
It's gonna take a miracle for the Spidey films to jump to +

I'm genuinely curious on the 3rd. The first deal was made when Disney didn't know which way they were going. They licensed out the OT and PT of SW after that deal. The second one though happened after Disney was all in on streaming. Betting the future of the company on Disney+, according to Iger. I do wonder if Disney asked for the streaming rights to the 3rd film.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye D+ concept art from "Expanding the Universe"

hawk40tjgo.png

hawk52ujey.png

hawk66mj14.png

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
didn't expect much more than new concept art from Expanding the Universe, so at least I wasn't too disappointed

Not really impressed by the What If clips; at least the animation is full-framerate rather than some Dragon Prince S1 shit, but it looks awfully stiff to me. Still, the show is quite a ways off, so hopefully that's not final animation.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me feel like he won't be "Captain America" for the whole series. It'll be an origin story of sorts.
Yep. Which is also how I think they square the circle of making the D+ shows important to the Phase 4/5 movies without making them absolutely essential. So with something like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, you get the full story of how Sam takes on the mantle as Cap, which is not something they'd tell in the movies so that his next appearance is fully as Captain America. But at the same time, if you were only watching the movies, jumping from Steve passing the shield to Sam in Endgame to Sam appearing in full Captain America garb completely works on its own too.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
There's a Disney Emoji video recapping Captain Marvel in the Extras section of the movie on Disney+, it's pretty cute and well made.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
eyyylmao7jjzj.jpg

Just putting this out there for anyone who wants it lol

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Hope Disney and Sony can work out another deal

Not surprised about Deadpool, considering its R rating.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This is really dope.

This is Charles Murphy though, which is why I didn't link it, since he haven't had sources for a while, and the one who provided him these tidbits is an all new source.

A live reaction crowd doesn't sound too far out of the realm for a show like WandaVision though which will probably go hard in on the whole sitcom.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Interesting to see the alternate Natasha/Clint scene has such a finished look. As far as it's possible to judge from this vantage point though, I'm very happy they cut or reworked all of those scenes. What we got in the movie worked better.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The actual quality of animation looks kind of iffy, but the style helps paper over that. Definitely better than I expected.

Now I have to wonder what the fuck is up with zombie Cap.

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
Someone please make the Scorsese threads stop.

*Feige gives polite and measured response to question about Scorsese's remarks at the very end of a podcast interview, saying that in the end everyone has their own opinions*
Antis: "He used the wrong word in one sentence, BURN THE WITCH"

...I'm just blocking the word "Scorsese" on this forum from now on.

Besides, the whole "debate" should be about "What can and should movie theaters do to adapt better to the streaming era", not "Are superhero movies cinema".

Yes a few short snippets. There's more in this thread and on Twitter:

I'm really looking forward to What If after seeing that D+ special, I was already looking forward to it when it was announced but seeing the footage in motion it looks really good.

Also the F&WS concept art <3

Status
Not open for further replies.